Dirty Thirty "Roundup and Ride"!

dcducks1

Melissa Hartwig, Whole9 says

29 September, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Sometimes we have to get fed up with our behavior before we put our foots down and say, “Enough is ENOUGH.” That’s how it was with this last Whole30–I just walked downstairs one morning and said, “Hey, I’m on the Whole30 as of right now.” So buck up and do this thing! Melissa

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

29 September, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Laura, doing a Whole30-ish all the time (as I oultined in my Slow Roll article–not stressing about added sugar, but avoiding things you know will make you feel less good) is a healthy, sustainable way to live, as long as you’re not passing up things you think are worth it because you’re scared to go off-plan. If you really trip along super happy with your Whole30-ish diet and not missing out on anything most of the time (and indulging when you choose, as infrequently as that may be), I’d say you’re in a great place!

29 September, 2014 at 6:58 pm

You can find all the support you need right here in our community. Join our forum, visit our Instagram feed and Facebook pages, click the “support” button on our homepage and read through all the ways we can help you in your journey.

And then you set your resolve and YOU DO THIS THING. Your husband and daughter’s choices don’t affect you. You will not be swayed by their junk food, snack foods, or tempting offerings. You don’t need them to do this. YOU JUST NEED YOU. And you are capable, committed, resourceful, and worth it.

So no more excuses, no more waiting for support that you’re not going to get at home–you figured out how to do this on your own, and you do it.

End tough love.
Melissa

Melissa Hartwig, Whole9 says

29 September, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Sometimes we have to get fed up with our behavior before we put our foots down and say, “Enough is ENOUGH.” That’s how it was with this last Whole30–I just walked downstairs one morning and said, “Hey, I’m on the Whole30 as of right now.” So buck up and do this thing! Melissa

This is what happened for me and smoking. When I decided to do the W30 I said self enough is enough. I'm done as Wednesday (this was on Sunday). Wednesday came I threw away the cigs and the ashtrays and that was the end if it. Believe it or not I haven't missed them. I have been around smokers and it hasn't bothered me at all. Most of the battle for anything is in our heads. The physical part passes in a matter of a few days.

This is what happened for me and smoking. When I decided to do the W30 I said self enough is enough. I'm done as Wednesday (this was on Sunday). Wednesday came I threw away the cigs and the ashtrays and that was the end if it. Believe it or not I haven't missed them. I have been around smokers and it hasn't bothered me at all. Most of the battle for anything is in our heads. The physical part passes in a matter of a few days.

You make me cry.  You make the raisins, the dried fruits and the ants cry.  Kudos and Bravo and Good Job!

That is frickety frick frick awesome!!!  Do you still have your Tiger Blood?  Tell all.  Tell us how it all went down.  I want to know every detail.

You make me cry. You make the raisins, the dried fruits and the ants cry. Kudos and Bravo and Good Job.

That is frickety frick frick awesome!!!

No crying allowed! Unless they are tears of joy. :)

I can only speak what is truth for me. But thank you. I feel like I have traveled a million miles in the last 8 weeks.

Yes ma'am.  Some days it is stronger than others.  It was really strong today. I was dancing around the kitchen and humming while I was cooking for the hubs and Pop this afternoon.  I can't stop smiling. :D

Honestly, I feel better than I ever have - even better than when I was a kid. 

I am smoke free with no cravings for the first time in 30 years and actually feel like moving instead of sitting on the couch. 

Between my job, cooking (which I have rediscovered my love for) and trying to move as much as I can, I find I'm not on the 'puter much but that's ok.  It's what I need to be doing right now. 

I'm loving life and am so enjoying flirting with the hubs.  You see, even though I'm not one of those who has lost a ton of weight on the W30 (only about 4 pounds or so over roughly 7 weeks) I figure my body is doing some major healing from all the abuse I put it through and the weight loss will come. 

BUT...NSVs here...I have so much more confidence, my clothes are fitting better and I feel sexy like a newly wed.  :D

Melissa @Whole9 says

18 January, 2014 at 5:57 pm

While the process of becoming fat-adapted starts in just a few days of your Whole30 Day 1, the “conversion” can take 6-8 weeks, depending on your context. It sounds like you’re a serious sugar-burner, so I’m not surprised that you’re still finding you have to eat every few hours. Stick with it, as I suspect that as your days go on, that will get better, and you’ll be able to go longer between meals without “bonking.” It may take you more than 30 days, however–again, how you came into the program has far more influence on your results than what you do in these 30 days.

Melissa

I've practically memorized both books. ISWF and W30.  I use them everyday - still.  The recipes are amazing.  I also bought WellFed and WellFed 2.  Between these 4 books, we have everything we need.  From simple suppers to fancy company meals.  Of course I've put my own spin on the recipes.  A little more of this, a little less of that (I tend to mark up my books) to personalize them to our tastes.  :)

Some of our favorite recipes are from the charts in the back of ISWF. The seasonings are spot on.

I've practically memorized both books. ISWF and W30.  I use them everyday - still.  The recipes are amazing.  I also bought WellFed and WellFed 2.  Between these 4 books, we have everything we need.  From simple suppers to fancy company meals.  Of course I've put my own spin on the recipes.  A little more of this, a little less of that (I tend to mark up my books) to personalize them to our tastes.  :)

Some of our favorite recipes are from the charts in the back of ISWF. The seasonings are spot on.

tumblr_n5439blRDt1ql6cxjo2_250.gif

Georgia...would you mind if I called you Miss Scarlett Georgia Lady Mule Skinner from the Great State of Georgia.   When I type to you...I like to pick the Georgia font.  I really do.  Georgia..you rocked it, girl!

You are ROCKING IT GAgal! I am so so so so SO happy for you -- the fact that you kicked the habit and Whole30'ed it at the same time is FANTASTIC! 

I totally LOVE the charts of Master Recipes in ISWF -- Have you done the Italian Chicken with the fire roasted tomatoes? Soooo good! That recipe is what sold hubs on the Whole 30! I make that and have roasted broccoli and mushrooms with it. 

You are ROCKING IT GAgal! I am so so so so SO happy for you -- the fact that you kicked the habit and Whole30'ed it at the same time is FANTASTIC! 

I totally LOVE the charts of Master Recipes in ISWF -- Have you done the Italian Chicken with the fire roasted tomatoes? Soooo good! That recipe is what sold hubs on the Whole 30! I make that and have roasted broccoli and mushrooms with it. 

Ooo...I haven't tried that one yet but I have everything to make it.  It will be on the menu next week.  We really like the Thai Beef Basil with green beans.

And thank you for the kudos.  I tend not to say to much about myself not only because I am a little shy about tooting my on horn.  I'll work on that. ;)

Archived