Dirty Thirty "Roundup and Ride"!

dcducks1

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning Campers!

Monday again - when did that happen? Can't believe it's the last full week of the summer holidays for my boys... Traffic is a dream for July & August, it'll be back to dodgems by the end of next week.

I've another busy week ahead, with some Tax prep required as well as some Tenders. Then outside of work I've my car's MOT (roadworthy test), round two of school shoe/trouser/trainer shopping, phone repair, and of course the gym.

Weirdly, since taking the pressure off myself training wise I am feel MUCH more energized so I was obviously trying to cram in a little too much. I do have six sessions planned for this week, but they'll all be short & sharp - two Spin classes, two HIIT sessions, and two circuits.

Started the day with some chicken, eggs, a tonne of spinach, & mushrooms all scrambled together with a half an avocado & some baby plum tomatoes - those bad boys were so sweet they were like grapes..... yum.

Right, gotta get to it - have a great day everyone!

Good morning Campers!

Monday again - when did that happen? Can't believe it's the last full week of the summer holidays for my boys... Traffic is a dream for July & August, it'll be back to dodgems by the end of next week.

I've another busy week ahead, with some Tax prep required as well as some Tenders. Then outside of work I've my car's MOT (roadworthy test), round two of school shoe/trouser/trainer shopping, phone repair, and of course the gym.

Weirdly, since taking the pressure off myself training wise I am feel MUCH more energized so I was obviously trying to cram in a little too much. I do have six sessions planned for this week, but they'll all be short & sharp - two Spin classes, two HIIT sessions, and two circuits.

Started the day with some chicken, eggs, a tonne of spinach, & mushrooms all scrambled together with a half an avocado & some baby plum tomatoes - those bad boys were so sweet they were like grapes..... yum.

Right, gotta get to it - have a great day everyone!

You've got a lot more tiger blood than I do.

Now you are joining the best group on Whole 30 and we will all fly thru this. We will all sit around at the end and drink Green Tea and eat seaweed and talk of our many successes. Actually that doesn't sound that great.......maybe we will re-introduce cocktails and have a nice juicy steak and salad and talk about our many successes! Whether you can see it or fell it........TRUST ME.......your life starts getting better tomorrow!

^THIS!

Except he meant 'today'.......  ;)

I found sugar easy to give up.. (even after a lifetime of 6 to 12 sodas a day) it's the damn coffee that's a booger!  

Gotta stop the caffeine today! 

Agreed coffee is addictive.... better not talk about it too much or I will be having a cup.

Very few can remain connected without the reintro protocol.   The ones who can do that have been at this awhile.  They're pros.

You have to choose.  It is a choice.

Reintroduction of foods and creating your own positive food management plan is being connected.  It takes testing and experimentation.  Then you can settle into your own personalized protocol that works for you. 

Good Monday Morning Everyone!! I'm baaaccckkk!

Last Wednesday we had a family disaster... I'd day emergency but it lasted 4 days. My Brain Train was not equipped for high stress, hormones and long days. While I didn't swing from the rafters, I still wasn't compliant and my body is still paying for it. I was transported back to the days where I didn't eat for 8+ hours bc I didnt have time to prep/cook but this time I was scared to eat those bad for me things. It looks like I missed some great posts once again. So I will be taking some time to catch up. Just wanted to say hello. I'm back and back on track. Yesterday was a day of grocery and meal prep. I could feel the therapy of planning and cooking enter my head and the stress started falling away. Woo saaa...

Hi LissFish I was thinking of you. Hope you're day is going well.

You know I had that happen over the weekend too we were off schedule ate out twice. It makes it harder to be able to eat on time.

Thank you MeGA! It's rough. It was a rough week. I'm trying my best to not feel discouraged. Just take it as a new lesson and cultivate a new plan. Life will always have its ups and downs, something of this sort will happen again. I just need to train my brain to autopilot some good decisions. I really try to avoid quick food solutions but I think it would've helped to have some items in the back of my mind that I can eat on the fly. Items that would have gotten me by. Lack of time, lack of sleep and high stress = no bueno. 

It's been a much better day! I made salad last night with all of the veggies I was supposed to use during the week and didn't. I didn't want them to go bad. Looking forward to have some more with lunch in about 10 minutes. I just have to thaw my dressing. :) The only thing I didn't get to do over the weekend was make ghee. It's on my list to do tonight. I can catch up on all your posts while it heats up. 

Good Monday Morning Everyone!! I'm baaaccckkk!

Last Wednesday we had a family disaster... I'd day emergency but it lasted 4 days. My Brain Train was not equipped for high stress, hormones and long days. While I didn't swing from the rafters, I still wasn't compliant and my body is still paying for it. I was transported back to the days where I didn't eat for 8+ hours bc I didnt have time to prep/cook but this time I was scared to eat those bad for me things. It looks like I missed some great posts once again. So I will be taking some time to catch up. Just wanted to say hello. I'm back and back on track. Yesterday was a day of grocery and meal prep. I could feel the therapy of planning and cooking enter my head and the stress started falling away. Woo saaa...

Good job just getting back on the horse. Life can sure be tricky and throw big curves ... W30 gives us an emotional anchor.

Today, I ate a big honking breakfast.  It was pork roast, sauerkraut, green beans and sweet potatoes.  It was so tasty and satisfying.  I like totally different textures and flavors.  I see alot of critters when I hike the ridge. Fall is here.  You can see that old fall haze in the air. 

Have you noticed the crickets chirping? 

Crickets can indeed serve as thermometers. Tradition says that if you count the cricket’s chirps for 14 seconds and then add 40, you will obtain the temperature in Fahrenheit at the cricket’s location.

Have you started a personal journal?  I have found writing my feelings, my fears, my hopes and general thoughts on just about everything has been an invaluable tool.  Many times I have been able to read over what I wrote just a day or two previously and see areas that need tweaking.  Plus, it will keep your hands and mind busy during some inevitable rough patches.

Buy yourselves a pretty little journal and paint your toenails.  I read a tip today from a makeup artist.  She uses 5 shades of lipstick all at once.  It's her secret.  Can you imagine?

I'm going to try it and hope that I don't look like this because they kinda scare me. 

clown-1345795413_b.jpg

A Whole 30 means that you don't have to embrace the concept of NEVER.  Then entirety of life is just too huge to contemplate without the pressure of never.  However, on a one day at a time basis I can't remember the last time I had my trigger foods.  They made my life a living **** and who needs that?

I don't spend much time contemplating the big picture concept of a life without triggers.  Every day I've made a decision not to eat them that decision does get easier.  We used to talk about the extinction burst.

"While extinction, when implemented consistently over time, results in the eventual decrease of the undesired behavior, in the short-term the subject might exhibit what is called an extinction burst. An extinction burst will often occur when the extinction procedure has just begun. This usually consists of a sudden and temporary increase in the response's frequency, followed by the eventual decline and extinction of the behavior targeted for elimination. Novel behavior, or emotional responses or aggressive behavior, may also occur."

Archived