Dirty Thirty "Roundup and Ride"!

dcducks1

At work I was reading a link to an article white potato vs sweet potato.. can't find it now, does anyone which topic it was posted under? I tried a search.. no luck.

I did some blood sugar checks on white vs sweet potatoes. Found that white potatoes spiked my one hour blood sugar too high but not so with sweet potatoes.

Keep in mind I'm not a diabetic and you would need to decide what works for your body but this is what I found.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In this case they are doubly screwed because of mother nature this season. And some moron will elect not to properly use their bear proof garbage bin so the bear will habituate the area and around here, a fed bear is a dead bear.

Yep. People think they are entitled to do whatever they want and the poor animals suffer for it when their actions are just what's natural.

I did some blood sugar checks on white vs sweet potatoes. Found that white potatoes spiked my one hour blood sugar too high but not so with sweet potatoes.

Keep in mind I'm not a diabetic and you would need to decide what works for your body but this is what I found.

We eat sweet taters more often than white taters. I like them both but we really watch out intake of white taters because of a family history of diabetes. Or as I call it the devil disease.

In this case they are doubly screwed because of mother nature this season. And some moron will elect not to properly use their bear proof garbage bin so the bear will habituate the area and around here, a fed bear is a dead bear.

Baby-Bear-Wants-To-Relax.jpg

That's correct.  They haul them off and they come right back.   They can travel 100's of miles.  It's like the shell game.  I told you a long time ago about a Grizz named Geraldine.

Grizzly-Bear-Cubs-13.jpg

She always had 3 cubs.

MORE_cubs_on_the_road.jpg

She'd roam through the neighborhood, they'd trap her and haul her a long distance and she'd be right back within a week or so.  I was a young kid with the mumps.  Maw went next door to visit the neighbor lady.  She'd just finished frying a chicken.  Geraldine came to the screen door and started to come into the house.  I ran to the furthest bedroom and pulled the heavy trunks out from underneath the bed.  I crawled in against the wall and pulled all the trunks back in as a barrier.  The bear popo came and were banging on trash cans trying to distract her.   They gave her a shot, hauled her off and she was right back.  She was way too familiar with people.  It used to be a common occurrence.

bb72f0a7dff3d4940f3415445474dbaf.jpg

People were very careless with trash.

Grizzly-Bear-Cubs-7.jpg

It's better but you have to be on your toes.   They've been coming down a month earlier.  Fall is definitely here.  The weather is strange all over the world.  It s either El Nun-yo or  El Nino.  I prefer El Paso.   Thanks anyway, but I'll  just El Paso and take a rain check. 

I'm watching Ghostbusters...again. Bill Murray is telling everyone "they're probably just nutballs coming in off the street". He's such a goofball. Who ya gonna call?

.....I lurve the Ghostbusters. Bill Murray is a comic genius.

I'll check mine. I'm not diabetic either but we keep an eye on blood sugar because we don't want to end up with diabetes.  Whole 30 has dropped me from 97 fasting to 80.  Thanks for the heads up

O'Hiker...what's up with this clot that's still there?

62079ff6a46178acb0c5a427cf932173.jpg

Test giver said it's looks to be old. But hasn't moved, shrank or grown compared to last test.  So apparently I'm not absorbing it like I should have.  There's no medical reason why I should have clots (some went into my lungs last Aug) but doing research on my own I read that dehydration can cause thick blood and the thicker blood can then clot. Well as a very heavy coffee drinker, and caffeine being a diuretic.. I'm thinking that had to be the cause. So I've cut way back for the last year. And with you guys talking about coffee etc - didn't have any yesterday, so far none today.  Maybe this will prevent future clots.

Test giver said it's looks to be old. But hasn't moved, shrank or grown compared to last test. So apparently I'm not absorbing it like I should have. There's no medical reason why I should have clots (some went into my lungs last Aug) but doing research on my own I read that dehydration can cause thick blood and the thicker blood can then clot. Well as a very heavy coffee drinker, and caffeine being a diuretic.. I'm thinking that had to be the cause. So I've cut way back for the last year. And with you guys talking about coffee etc - didn't have any yesterday, so far none today. Maybe this will prevent future clots.

You're doing great! Try to stay hydrated okay?

Hey y'all! Missed ya... Been OOT for a church convention, but am back now and gearing up for lots of improvements. Had to work Mon. and Tues., but am off for the next 6 days. Not even gonna try to catch up on what's been happening and probably won't be on a lot as I have a lot on my agenda for these 6 days. Will pop in off and on tho. Just knowing you all are here and still going strong helps me...So, my plans for the next 6 days are some house cleaning, redo, and maintenance projects. Also, some me "cleaning", redoing, and maintenance projects. Starting a Whole21 to regroup before a hopefully final trip of the season to KY in Sept. Have plans to do a bit of offrroading then with some good ol' southern barbque as will probably be the last time I'll be getting any for who knows when. Keep calm and keep it going on!

Good morning everybody....hope everyone is doing well today. Hello to Day 7 for my wife and I.

Feeling great...made a big breakfast....feel full but comfortable, drinking water and as a diabetic

woke up to a 85 reading....4.8 Canadian......so I'm in good shape.

It is steaming hot today as we experience this HEAT WAVE till next Monday....with the moist humidity not dry like California

it should hit 100......AAAAAAH AIR CONDITIONERS.

Hope everyone has a great day....stay healthy....eat well.....have fun

Farley

I believe in simplicity.  This is not hard.   Nothing about this is difficult.  Mr. D.'s approach embodies everything great about a Whole 30.    His own positive food management plan.  He does his own good home cookin' and that's pretty sweet if you  ask me.   He knows his boundaries and where to draw a line in the sand.   I admire that.  

These ideas are tangible and concrete.  We all need our own strategy and plan.  Once or twice a week would be too much for me.  "Commit to eating meat and veggies most of the time.  Eat other foods only rarely."   There you have it.  That sums it up in a few words.   

I can handle a holiday item.  Your mileage may vary.  Like a few water crackers with an extra sharp piece of cheese.  I use Hutlifr's advice for that.  The sharper the cheese the easier it is on you.   I can have pinecones and dirt.  Old shoes and grasshoppers.  Lawn clippings and crickets.  That's about it. 

That's my goal! However, I do have some emotional junk to work thru, so, I get derailed. The beauty is that Whole30/Whole9 is helping me get it under control/facing it and eventually, with time, completely breaking it's hold on me. It is a learning process and I believe we are all learning, even those who appear to not be getting it are learning too, esp it they actually finished a real Whole30. The difference in how you FEEL eating the good stuff vs. the bad will affect them. We are all on different levels of health and understanding our health. It's easy to say just eat meats and veggies most of the time, Others rarely, but until you learn and face your triggers, falling into a bowl of ice cream etc is an all to real reality. However, having a real whole30 under your belt is a great motivator...

• Administrators

I see my posts may have been deleted.

Nice job. That's silly.

Many thanks to the DTRR members who helped and supported me through it all.

I'll be back.

Hi MeGA"gardener", any posts that contain only one letter, one piece of punctuation (ie, a period) or that contains only one word are deleted in order to ensure the forum flows smoothly. We trust you understand this protocol.

Hi MeGA"gardener", any posts that contain only one letter, one piece of punctuation (ie, a period) or that contains only one word are deleted in order to ensure the forum flows smoothly. We trust you understand this protocol.

Was that really necessary? You've got more work ahead of you!

Archived