Dirty Thirty "Roundup and Ride"!

dcducks1

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone! I have been away for awhile and will be doing another disappearing act again real soon. I buckled down and finished my Masters Degree which has arrived and is being framed and matted this week. I have been in a course for my work that has taken the entire month of August and I look forward to graduating this Friday. It is a very labor intensive course which requires about 3-4 hours of study and reading every night....even the weekends. We are teamed up and must give 10 executive briefs and complete 4 exams in four weeks. Very demanding! I am on my countdown for my spine surgery to repair two herniated discs. This will happen a week from tomorrow so I will probably be off the grid for awhile longer. I hope all is ok and that everyone is finding their owner success stories and strength from each other. Ensure you are coming to this site for only a few reasons: 1) to help yourself to a healthier life....2) To help others understand healthier eating......and 3) never to judge others for how they perceive the "right path"!

A special hello to our Meadowlily........she is still holding the group together! Sorry I have been gone.......I have had different winds to ride .......but they always come back around.

Dave

It's another Christmas Miracle!  

I had to turn my head for just a few secs and dcducks DAVE comes home to roost.   The Chief.   You couldn't have picked a better time...you are truly missed.

Congratulations on your Master's Degree.   I hope you'll be running for office now.  My prayers will be added to everyone else who adores you.  The entire world.  dcducks Dave...friend to all.   

Hi DC Ducks ...hope you are ready for the surgery and that it is a Neurosurgeon preforming the operation and not an Orthopedic Surgeon. Mine was the later and as was recently shared to me by a friend who is a Neuro that anything who deals with nerves, spine and head....that's who should preform it.

I had 3 operations....fusion ...the last one a year after the first 2, the hardware was removed...I still think something might have occurred as my right side is slightly affected in walking....no pain travels down the leg fortunately.

Wish you luck

On a positive note Day 14 on going strong....take care all

Hello everyone! I have been away for awhile and will be doing another disappearing act again real soon. I buckled down and finished my Masters Degree which has arrived and is being framed and matted this week. I have been in a course for my work that has taken the entire month of August and I look forward to graduating this Friday. It is a very labor intensive course which requires about 3-4 hours of study and reading every night....even the weekends. We are teamed up and must give 10 executive briefs and complete 4 exams in four weeks. Very demanding! I am on my countdown for my spine surgery to repair two herniated discs. This will happen a week from tomorrow so I will probably be off the grid for awhile longer. I hope all is ok and that everyone is finding their owner success stories and strength from each other. Ensure you are coming to this site for only a few reasons: 1) to help yourself to a healthier life....2) To help others understand healthier eating......and 3) never to judge others for how they perceive the "right path"!

A special hello to our Meadowlily........she is still holding the group together! Sorry I have been gone.......I have had different winds to ride .......but they always come back around.

Dave

We'll look forward to your return.

Dave

Dave - good to see you're alive and still kicking some butt!!

Best of luck for your surgery - take it easy, happy healing, & we look forward to seeing you back in the Captain's seat when you're good & ready...

Mr. Studio - so funny that you would comment about the surgeons. I had my shoulder worked on by an ortho in February and he was quick to tell me that he was ready to do my spine work. I asked him how many of these surgeries he had performed and he just said "too many".........which wasn't a very good answer for me. I met with my bosses Neurosurgeon and we are all set to go. I agree, if there are nerves involved, you had better get a neuro. My left arm has had numbness since June so I wanted somebody in there that knows what they are doing. Have a great day everyone.

Dave

Dave

Hello Mr Duck... thanks for starting the blog. It has been very beneficial to me and helped me hold on to a healthy plan despite stress.

Sorry about the back surgery and completing your Masters all at once. Talk about stress...

Looking forward to hearing more from you when you are able... kicking it up... struttin your stuff... walking the line or whatever you do when you feel good,

Hello Mr Duck... thanks for starting the blog. It has been very beneficial to me and helped me hold on to a healthy plan despite stress.

Sorry about the back surgery and completing your Masters all at once. Talk about stress...

Looking forward to hearing more from you when you are able... kicking it up

whitejeans4.jpg

... struttin your stuff...

walking the line or whatever you do when you feel good,patpat-dance-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1

Good one, Kelli.

I had my shoulder worked on by an ortho in February and he was quick to tell me that he was ready to do my spine work. I asked him how many of these surgeries he had performed and he just said "too many".........which wasn't a very good answer for me. I met with my bosses Neurosurgeon and we are all set to go. I agree, if there are nerves involved, you had better get a neuro. My left arm has had numbness since June so I wanted somebody in there that knows what they are doing. Have a great day everyone.

Dave

Archived