Dirty Thirty "Roundup and Ride"!

dcducks1

Amen to that!!  B) 

So the weeds out back got it in the end. The rain had cleared up, the sun was shining and the first born was all chessed out having 'four-moved' three of his opponents to take the Ulster U14 Schools Chess Championship title (whoop whoop!!)... I'm glad to report that the weeds out front have withered & blackened already so my work yesterday was not in vain...

My first day of two meals with green veg & only one with starchy veg has gone okay so far - no mid-afternoon slump, no hunger pangs, no cravings. You need a HUGE serving of greens though to fill you as much as the starchy stuff!!  :o

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, yes, yes.   GREENS.    We eat greens here at the Hitching Post Inn.

I want to add that the Protein Report said...if you want a dessert, reach for a protein instead.

The Trifecta to curb all cravings.    Protein, Fats and Greens.  

If they'll only start trading up for those over all of that other snackity,  multi nutty foods, it sure would be a  MULTI BIG WIN.

078cdb54a55f26c7ffe45dbb21e11303dfa5fb36

I know this sounds odd coming from a squirrel. 

750744604b585994bf72a7e4e822af856f03e2f7

Greens are goooooooood................. I might even be brave and try broccoli again - I've a load of mayo just sitting in my fridge waiting patiently & whispering 'broccoli & carrot salad' to me.....  :wub:

jmcbn....your post is 2:22 PM.   That's a copasinki coinkydink for me.   That's the time I was born.  Good things happen to me with that particular time.  I don't know why. 

Anyhoo, that's my sign.  I must go hike the ridge.  Today is pretty nice.  Lil Soph is able to go.  We're headed out and we'll see how far we get up the mountain.  Time to hike that ridge, tote that barge and lift that bail.

Time to Nut and Bolt.  

Jmcbn...congrats to your son on the chess championship! That's awesome!

Meadow...do you have a link to the UCLA protein report? That might be an interesting read. Finally, some good research being done to support this lifestyle since most people want concrete "scientific" evidence before embracing a concept!

It's good to be back. I need to do a good shopping trip to be fully on track but for now I'm piece mealing my way with what I have on hand. Scrambled eggs with greens for breakfast, tuna with avocado and broccoli for lunch. I have to see what I have on hand for supper. It will probably be chicken and veggies of some sort. Shopping tomorrow for a better selection before I fall face first back into the sugar bin!!!

Ridge Walking - 2 hours today.   We went to the snowline.  Soph's doing much better, laying on her side now.  All tuckered out.  Supper's reheating in the oven. We had a great Mother's Day.  Maw enjoyed all of her presents.  I bought her some of those spanxy jeans like you see on TV.   :D  She lurves them...says they give her legs good support.  She really is a hoot. I gave her other tiddly winks and trinkets.  Oooo, some glue-on nails, too.  One of my sisters said she can just see them floating around in the cement pond.  :lol:   I hope not, that would be embarrassing:wub: 

I do like raw radishes, but I have to say.... roasted ones are the bomb!

M2 leftover cabbage from last night, beets and the rest of the ground pork cooked up.

M3 salmon patties, roasted radish, beets left from lunch and some prosciutto wrapped asparagus. a couple garlic stuffed olives and about 8 fresh cherries.

Got rid of some stuff in the shed, out by the road for trash p/u.

Back to work tomorrow...

jmcbn, Congrats to your son.

Meadow, good to hear Lil Sophie up to a ridge walk!

I love the greenies... since I was a tike, mom says that's what I called them, greenies :)

There was actually a quake south of Flagstaff, AZ last Tuesday as well. 

anss_imw.gif

NAʻALEHU – A magnitude-4.5 earthquake located in the Kaʻū District shook the Island of Hawaii on Saturday, May 9, at 2:18 a.m., HST.

The quake was centered 5 miles north of Naʻalehu at a depth of 6 miles, according to Wes Thelen, the Seismic Network Manager for the USGS Hawaiian Volcano Observatory. There were three aftershocks (magnitudes 1.6, 1.5, 1.4) of the earthquake were recorded as of 3:30 a.m., HST. Scientists say additional aftershocks are possible and could be felt.

- See more at: http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2015/05/09/4-5-earthquake-shakes-big-island/#sthash.me9bz2zA.dpuf

And with that last post I end my days of being a "lurker". You're posts are cracking me up while motivating me but I wasn't ready until now to start my second W30.

I am a co-habitator (as my Mom calls it), living in Northern AZ with my cowboy. 38 years old. Last October I was diagnosed borderline diabetic, then in December my Mom had a heart attack (she survived the widow-maker). I found W30 in January and started my first W30 in February (with some slips). But my a1c went down a point and I lost 11 lbs for major W30 wins. Minor wins were more energy, less bowel and skin issues. I fell off the wagon during re-intro and am ready to get back at it. My cowboy isn't W30 but he eats what I cook and did really well with the first one even though he still had his side of non-compliant carbs. I still want to get my a1c down a few more points and lose about 40lbs - so that is the reason for doing another- although this might turn into a W120. Diabetes runs in my paternal side of the family while heart conditions run on the maternal. So basically genetically I'm screwed if I don't get it together. Haha. 

No two legged kiddies but we have a bunch of 4-leggeds. One naughty blue heeler, a few sheep dogs, a herd of sheep, some cattle and 8 thousand pound babies (horses). They keep me moving on the weekends. 

So that's me and I hope I'm not too late to join the group.  :)

- Liss

Below are some of my babies... 

post-61557-0-66006600-1431388907_thumb.j

post-61557-0-46513600-1431388926_thumb.j

post-61557-0-61130000-1431388939_thumb.j

Lissfish... it's never too late.  The lights are always on even when there's no one at home.  lol3.gif lol3.gif

We're thrilled you picked us because we're a different hang....serious as all get out, rough and ready but we like to kid around,  kick our boots off and stay awhile.   We mill around at the WD30 R n R Hitching Post and just shoot the breeze.  Heck-a-toot, we've been known to visit with ourselves while everyone else is taking a nap or snoring under a tree.

Time for you get back on your horse and ride.  So many of us have ridden that merry-go-round that all of the horses saddles are worn smooth from our butts.   The best way is eat whole foods without limiting quantity.  

Stop yourself before you wreck yourself with protein and fat and throw greens in for the luxury ride. This is the strategy I've used and I swear it breaks the sugar/snacking/thrill eating cycles.  I'll let you get all settled in and meet the others.   Glad to have you with us.

Lissfish, that's a swarm of quakes...yep, it's shakin' all throughout the West.  Your babies are beautiful creatures.

Grannie - I took it from the UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine.  It confirms what has already been written in ISWF.  Identical science,  just a confirmation.  The best way to get out of that sugar bin is second verse same as the first...proteins, fats, and greens....3 X day.  

At this point, all we have to do is open that chute, lett'er buck and keep our butts glued to the saddle.

Remember,

A  Carbohydrate High will not make up for Feeling Low....and

Another binge is not a cure for a food addiction.    

I repeat those redirects to myself so I can stop myself before I wreck myself.   

Lissfish - happy to have you as a member of our family.  Love the pictures of your babies.

Today is day 10.  Last week, I focused on complaint food (as well as no nuts, nut butters or fruit) and water consumption.  This week I am concentrating on limiting meals to 3 times a day, my greatest difficulty.  I have absolutely no cravings!  Goal is a  nut, nut butter and fruit free whole 60.  Once I get a better handle on the depression, I will start moving my body again.

I feel grateful for all the love and support on this forum, especially from the Dirty Thirty.  Thank you.

Laurie - you're doing brilliantly - keep up the good work. I understand that your head probably isn't in the right place right now, but exercise would really help with your depression - those endorphins are the best kind of medicine - even a walk in the fresh air every now & then would do wonders for your mood....

Lissfish - welcome aboard - saddle up, & get yourself acquainted - you'll have much more fun now you've come out of the shadows - lovin' your four-legged babies...!!

Glorious day here this morning, albeit a tad windy!! Just a shame I've got an audit to deal with..................  :mellow: 

M1 - same as yesterday but with sardines instead of mackerel

M2 - slow cooked coconut chicken, half an avocado, springs green sauteed in ghee with mushrooms, onions & garlic & a serving of sauerkraut.
M3 - not sure yet.................. I'm working on it!

Activity: Stairmaster - 10min warm up, 30min intervals (both incline & speed), 10min cool down - plus a walk in the fresh air at lunch time hopefully!

fe9c7c8d1801f60f2ebcec9dd07c32a7.jpg?ito

Speaking of butts.   When there's too many "butts" before you ever get started...you've just shot yourself right out of the saddle.  We don't do that here.   

If the bar ain't bendin' ....you're just pretendin'.   

Lett'er buck, cowboys and cowgirls.

You're doing great, Laurie.  You're determined and you've made some strong declarations to the Universe.   You're glued to the saddle, now.

500c9b4c445c8.preview-620.jpg

Another 7.3 just hit Nepal.  I'm thinking about them and all those living in Tornado Alley. 

5113518 12-MAY-2015 07:34:22 27.68 86.20 5.4 15 NEPAL   5113520 12-MAY-2015 07:22:04 -7.27 129.23 5.4 155 BANDA SEA   5113515 12-MAY-2015 07:17:20 27.79 86.13 5.6 10 NEPAL   5113516 12-MAY-2015 07:05:19 27.84 86.08 7.3  NEPAL

Yep - This is the School of Tough Love right here - 'Ifs' and 'Butts' result in big butts.... 

Positive Mental Attitude people - whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right!

It's sad but telling  when you shoot yourself right out of the saddle....and get dragged around the arena with your foot stuck in the stirrup.   Nahhhh, that ain't no way to go.   Oooooo, reminds me of a song.

Yep - This is the School of Tough Love right here - 'Ifs' and 'Butts' result in big butts.... 

Positive Mental Attitude people - whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right!

jmcbn and I are not addressing anyone here ....  butt speaking out into the Universe.  

And your other one....."What's eatin' in secret gets worn in public."  

Archived