Dirty Thirty "Roundup and Ride"!

dcducks1

Have a kaula pig in the crock pot. 10 pounds of the pig! Last night Martina McBrides song kept going through my head. "Independance Day" Its fitting. Ive restarted and will only check blood sugars and not sit there and weight out the food anymore. I am going to watch the amount of sweet potatoes I eat and really no fruit as i was using fruit and nuts as a sub for some of my cravings. I learn more about myself with food the more I do this. I had a week of off food and realize that I am back to feeling like crap. I told the husband last night. I think this might just have to be a life time thing for me.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20130708_Kale_blueberry_salad4.jpg

Ingredients
  • 1 bunch of kale, de-stemmed and finely chopped
  • 1/8 cup white balsamic vinegar
  • 1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup sliced strawberries or other berries
  • 1/8-1/4 cup pumpkin seeds or sliced almonds 
  • salt, to taste
  • pepper, to taste

Tim McGraw Kale Salad

TMKS - I made this yesterday.   Letting the kale hang out in the EVOO before you add all of the other ingredients is the secret.  Otherwise, it's a tad tough.   The bite, the flavor...everything about it is delish on a hot summer day.

Laurie - things are looking up.   We'll keep it up.   I see the large July 1 group...almost as large as New Year's group.  

Where is  Lady Shanny?   I think/call her Summer Shanny.   She always reminds me of summer...my fave season.  All of the cowboys are drinking Summer Shandy....my variation there.   Where is she?

I have to make a long haul trip this afternoon with the folkaronies for a VA hospital visit.   I don't want July to be here, yet.   I  don't.   Ooooo,  I wish this summer would last another 6 months. 

Ashley Mission Creep will be here in 5 days.   I'm gonna need  a WD30 bolster booster.   Ahhhh, Geez Louise.  It's creepin' up on me quickly.    

I'm going on, right here... until dcducks starts another thread.  I'm working on a bunch of sugar avoidance and for good reason.   We shared the whys,  yesterday.

I'm not dieting and neither are you.  Women are susceptible to cortisol problems.  :P  :P  :P  If cortisol is chronically elevated in the body it turns pregnenolone into progesterone.   Progesterone then makes more cortisol and aldosterone.   Together, they lead to more fat storage and fluid retention...then the metabolism does not work properly anymore.  :P  :P  :P 

Ashley Mission Creep will be here in 5 days.   I'm gonna need  a WD30 bolster booster.   Ahhhh, Geez Louise.  It's creepin' up on me quickly.    

Smile, bat your eye lashes and say "well, howdy doo!" with a big grin, grab YOUR guy and say " Tootles, Darlin' "

The 4th of July does not have to be a Snack Storm at your house.  Steer your family towards fancy veggies and interesting looking olives.   Buy pickled asparagus and stuff like that.  All of these items make great gifts.

Holidays and weekends are always more of a challenge than the week days. We all know what's coming down the pike.  Let's be ready.   There should be no surprise ambushes or mission creeps coming to our backyard BBQ.

The Sugar Dragon is lying in wait in a concealed position - waiting and timing a surprise attack.   Be Ready.    He wants to confront you suddenly.

It's not a laughing matter.  I watched a program how to deal with his temptations.  You don't have to fall prey or be his victim. 

Number One.   You need a built-in Support System.   We have that.  We're gellin' and support one another.   

#2     We need a Power Plan to say NOOOOOoooooo and resist temptations

#3     Remind each other of our commitments not to fall back into old habits that cause misery

#4     The brain can be trained.  The brain is uncomfortable when you retrain it.

#5     Use your non-dominant hand to brush your teeth.  Simple but it retrains the brain. 

Surgeons have to use both hands and must learn this technique.

#6    IMPORTANT.   WAIT 10 MINUTES when faced with any temptation.

#7    See...Like a window closing on that temptation.  There's a window between you and the 

item.   Slam that window down.   Button the hatch.   BAM!

#8    One Minute Version....when you think you can't wait 10 minutes.   TAKE A DEEP BREATH.

During that breath, remember your commitment.  This will shift the brain.

#9   Do 10 Minute Routines throughout the day.   10 minutes of cleaning, hiking, yoga, walking  the dog......

#10  Call for support.   Acknowledge your strengths in one another.  The brain is a muscle and it needs exercise.   SEE those temptations closing like a window...you're on the other side of them. 

Dallas @ Whole9 says

August 4, 2010 at 8:02 pm

If you’re craving carbs   (read: SUGAR!),    eat fat and protein.   Giving yourself sugar is NOT the route to go. But also, adding 1/2 & 1/2 to your coffee won’t make you feel better. We’ve observed in (literally) hundreds of people that “falling off the wagon” with things like pizza and cake only lead to more “falling off”. Get back on the Good Food Train.

Not to worry I'm good at resisting oh yeah! Don't get into it with Ashley she's a creep she really wants what you've got and youll never give it up

None nada nothing You keep your bear your mind and your dignity They wouldnt get a flinch from me walk away after you are politely greeting the creep with huge smile and she'll get the message

I'm around them all the time I'm good at it

I'm sending it through the fiber optics

Melissa @ Whole9 says

August 19, 2010 at 5:34 pm

You don’t have to throw out all the sweet or savory stuff, but I do think you’re smart to realize you’re giving into the sugar demons with your sunflower seeds and raisins. If you’re craving sugar, don’t give your body sugar! Eat a high fat snack instead, with a little bit of protein, and tough it out. Break those cravings once and for all and you can go back to enjoying the occasional dried fruit and nut snack without worrying that it’s going to send you running for the nearest Krispy Kreme.

Best,

Melissa

Melissa @ Whole9 says

April 6, 2011 at 2:09 pm

It may take a week or two… it may take a month or two. Depends on how bad your sugar demons are, and how you treat them during your Whole30.  

Dallas likes to say you can’t kill the sugar dragon with willpower, you have to STARVE it. So don’t give in to those cravings during your Whole30 by using fruit as a crutch… stick it out and it will get better.

Best of luck to you!

Melissa

Kill them dead! Those sugar demons.

Mega, jmcbn, Lissfish, Dream, Meadow... are you planning on staying on this thread? I want to go where you do because I need the support.

Laurie - glad you have good news but sorry about the high pain levels. This is so exhausting for him.

Good news about work - the issue was not an undermining more of a double checking. Good think I checked out the facts before I responded.

Hey there.  I have to pull myself off of here and hit the road, Jack.   I'm not going to another thread.  I'm manning the Fort for the dcducks Chief.   If we went to another thread, it would be the usual suspects gathering only a hair away from this thread.  We're the same peeps.  :D Wherever we are, it's still us.

Have Mouth-Will-Travel.  Blathering on, foaming at the mouth...that's us. :lol:  :D   :lol:    

Kelli - I'll be sticking around for sure. 

Good to hear you got the work issue resolved!

I've a few friends coming over from England this weekend and we're staying in a little Hotel in the city. I'm heading there straight from work (well right after I visit my Dr for a hydrocortisone injection in my elbow!!) so I've been sorting my clothes & packing my bag... 

I'm staying here!

I'm debating on joining the July group. This is the only group I've joined on here. I'm comfortable here and it takes me a good while to catch up on all your wonderful posts, I can't imagine trying to read posts from 100+ people. LOL I've also quit counting the days since I'm not doing a w30. It's just another day of making good choices. :) 

But maybe I'll venture out... maybe I'll learn something. We'll see.... 

Hope everyone is having a great day! Safe travels to the VA MeadowLily. We're here for you! The anti-Ashley's. ;)

Yes good one LissFish

The Anti-Ashleys

I'm with you I've joined the July 1st group but as with the June 1st group I'm staying right here

We,meaning you all, can teach them a thing or two they may need it ..although I'm seeing names who've talked about they've done this before

Yes it will be hard navigating 100+people!

Jmcbn good luck with the cortisone shot I hope it helps you I've had them in my feet and I'm overdue so I know it can be a relief for some

My Dad had another kind into his spine recently and it did not help with the pain

Anywhoo have a great time with your friends you've worked hard and deserve a relaxing fun time Don't miss us tooooo much lol

Archived