Dirty Thirty "Roundup and Ride"!

dcducks1

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whew! Extra long day at work! Sick call in resulted in being understaffed this eve, so we that were to leave at 7p were mandated to stay over an hour.

M3 is an interesting concoction... liverwurst w/ mustard, Wildbrines salsa and baked sweet tater w ghee... :D I can eat about anything and it doesn't always have to be purty on the plate!

Laurie, Great big humongous cyber hugs... wish it were the real thing too! Like Dave said, it ain't home... Full tilt boogie, baby...

Dave, Happy 29TH! :lol: You're still younger than me!

Meadow... well, just well like you said... :wub: <3 it all.

jmcbn, thanks...

Mom is now happily resting at home. Good news on top of good news of her coming home is that she did not have to keep the wound vac. Dr. was so thrilled with the improvement from Wed. to Fri that it came off and just has some kind of special dressing on it that can't get wet and has to be changed in his office twice a week. Not so good news, well except for my sister, sorta. Mom goes back to Dr. everyday this next week for IV antibiotic. Sis doesn't have to do it, she's glad, but she still will be traveling to town every day for the next week. I do believe she would rather do that then give the med. I'd rather give the med...

G'nite WD30 family!

Your mum's a healer CQ - that's great, although as you say not so great for your sister that she has to do the travelling - I'm with you, I'd have manned up & administered the meds!

I'm up for an early gym session as is always the case on a Saturday - my boys go to their dad's on a Friday night so I get a session in before I pick them up on a Saturday. The eldest is at a the all Ireland Schools Chess Championship today but he's not so hopeful/confident of a win this time as he's heard that one of the schools from the South wins every year.... It'll do him good to learn to be a good loser too - he just doesn't realise this yet! The youngest has been invited to a friends to play - God help the other mum, that's all I can say - I've had the two of them here a fair few times and it's manic to say the least! Still it gives me the time to get those bathrooms sparkling & ready for the white glove inspection.... and to pick up a few bits and pieces at the store without finding a weeks salary's worth of extra 'treats' in the shoppng trolley  :wacko: 

On the menu this week is jerk chicken, slow cooked chicken (lime & coriander maybe this week for a change!) & steamed salmon. I'll do my usual batch of oven roasted sweet potatoes, carrots & parsnips, and a big batch of sauteed greens - spring cabbage, leeks, courgettes, garlic & mushroom, and I'll throw in some chilli & sundried tomatoes to give it a bit of a kick. As always I'll have baby boiled spuds, avocados, olives, mackerel, tuna & sardines on tap along with salad veg, homemade may & beets - each meal will be some combination from all of these....  B) 

I really, REALLY wish the rain would stay off long enough for me to get the grass in my back garden cut - I had it sitting do pretty for a while there & now it looks all overgrown again  :(

Morning All

dcducks, your chores sound great, bring 'em on.  My bathroom is sparkling.  

jmcbn- You are from Ireland?  I brought back a great cookbook from Ballymalloe.  So beautiful there!  I am busted on breakfast.  for the last year I have been drinking coffee w coconut cream and a raw egg whipped in the blender.  Yum!  I am not hungry for breakfast, usually from too much dinner the night before.  Last night I was careful to have nothing after dinner, except a teaspoon of clarified butter as Meadow recommended.  Very helpful!  Didn't want anything else after that.  So today I woke up hungry and will eat a bit more this morning.  

I am a cyclist and have a bike ride this am, usually 50 miles or so.  First time I did the W30 my legs felt dead for a while, I had no energy.  It lasted almost 2 weeks and was very discouraging.  I am hoping I won't have trouble keeping up with my team today.

Great information and encouragement here.  Thanks for letting me join in.

Day 3 meals:

M1 b coffee w coconut cream (will change that today)

m2 seared tuna and a salad (at a sushi restaurant, it was the only compliant food I could order)

m3 big salad w lettuce, cuke, carrot, and radish w o&v, curried butternut squash soup w bone marrow, chicken breast, hot tea w coconut cream and a t of butter

felt a little nauseous and NOT hungry all day.  So happy to be on day 4!  I have a fancy dinner Monday and a friend's birthday party dinner on Tuesday.  I would rather stay home at this point.  I do not want to get off track!

xo

April

Gluten free grains trial today.

M1 sauteed onion, butternut squash, mixed greens, sweet kernel corn. w/ 3 eggs scrambled. Cup coffee w/ coconut oil/milk/ghee.

Feel so good considering how crazy this month started!

I am so glad I found Whole30 and the WD30 crew old and new!

Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today.

D.J. #2: It's coooold out there every day. What is this, Miami Beach?

D.J. #1: Not hardly. And you know, you can expect hazardous travel later today with that, you know, that, uh, that blizzard thing.

D.J. #2: [mockingly] That blizzard - thing. That blizzard - thing. Oh, well, here's the report! The National Weather Service is calling for a "big blizzard thing!"

D.J. #1: Yessss, they are. But you know, there's another reason why today is especially exciting.

D.J. #2: Especially cold!

D.J. #1: Especially cold, okay, but the big question on everybody's lips...

D.J. #2: On their chapped lips...

D.J. #1: On their chapped lips, right: Do ya think Phil is gonna come out and see his shadow?

D.J. #2: Punxsutawney Phil!

D.J. #1: That's right, woodchuck-chuckers - it's...

D.J. #1D.J. #2: [in unison] GROUNDHOG DAY!

Good Saturday morning to all of you scattered around this beautiful earth.

I'm just enjoying the view. This group rocks.

Learning from you all each day

We take the good with the bad in stride not missing a beat

Gave me great ideas for new meals thanks

I just found one by MBR gusopaleo meatloaf

Oomazingly Moist... Well try it this week

Keep working hard isn't the payoff is worth it?

It's not really Groundhog Day here on the WD30.    Nah,  we're not going back to Groundhog Day.  We are a dried fruit and nut rehab, though.   We'll help anyone trade in that pair of shoes for a well oiled machine that will get you there much faster than your tired ole dogs (feet) will.

We'll get you there in Lamborghini style.  

April - I'm so glad you traded up for clarified butter.  No one is going to go on a thrill eating spree with clarified butter, coconut oil, MacNut Oil,  extra virgin olive oil,  or avocados.   I can't see anyone sitting on the couch and slurping EVOO while watching the Voice and Blake Shelton.

Good dietary fats in liquid form are the antidote for nuts, nut butters and dried fruits.

Yes, April, you have to eat some brekkie and more roasted vege.  You're a cyclist...50 miles on BPCoffee  (bulletproof coffee) used to come with a reminder that it will not help your hormones get themselves together.  Coffee before meals was a no-go, especially when your feet first hit the floor in the mornings.

The recommendation is brekkie within one hour of waking.  For you - the pre-Workout meal.   Then brekkie and you could have your cup of coffee then.   All coffee,  1-2 cups should be slurped before Noon.  

When you get your protein, vege and good fats (nuts are not to be used as primary source) down your gullet in the morning,  your performance on the bike will improve.

CQ - Denise....Gluten free trial today.  I can't wait for the results.   Tell All.    I'm so happy your Mom is home.  What a relief.

MegaGardener - you're UPpppp.  Love your sense of humor.  Yes, the payoff is worth it. Keep up the great decisions.  You're a hoot and a holler.

jmcbn - love the visual of your boys throwing everything in the shopping cart.   But, Moooommmmm,  we need this!   Your food speaks Spring Renewal to me.   It's delightful and fresh.   Ooooooo, Ireland looks like heaven and your food is divine.

dcducks -   wishing you boatloads of birthday celebrations with your family.  Ooooo, and my wheels were turning....were your buddies  over you-know-where.....same environment.  All so young.   Heartbreaking for their families.

Laurie -  we're here.   Give us a poke in the ribs.

We're approaching Spring here but more snow is called for and a  Winter Storm watch....yeah, more snow... which really is Groundhog Day.  Don't forget your booties.    

• Administrators

Morning All

dcducks, your chores sound great, bring 'em on.  My bathroom is sparkling.  

jmcbn- You are from Ireland?  I brought back a great cookbook from Ballymalloe.  So beautiful there!  I am busted on breakfast.  for the last year I have been drinking coffee w coconut cream and a raw egg whipped in the blender.  Yum!  I am not hungry for breakfast, usually from too much dinner the night before.  Last night I was careful to have nothing after dinner, except a teaspoon of clarified butter as Meadow recommended.  Very helpful!  Didn't want anything else after that.  So today I woke up hungry and will eat a bit more this morning.  

I am a cyclist and have a bike ride this am, usually 50 miles or so.  First time I did the W30 my legs felt dead for a while, I had no energy.  It lasted almost 2 weeks and was very discouraging.  I am hoping I won't have trouble keeping up with my team today.

Great information and encouragement here.  Thanks for letting me join in.

Day 3 meals:

M1 b coffee w coconut cream (will change that today)

m2 seared tuna and a salad (at a sushi restaurant, it was the only compliant food I could order)

m3 big salad w lettuce, cuke, carrot, and radish w o&v, curried butternut squash soup w bone marrow, chicken breast, hot tea w coconut cream and a t of butter

felt a little nauseous and NOT hungry all day.  So happy to be on day 4!  I have a fancy dinner Monday and a friend's birthday party dinner on Tuesday.  I would rather stay home at this point.  I do not want to get off track!

xo

April

Hi April, just a quick recommendation. If you are a cyclist/highly active, you should be eating a starchy veggie serving at least once a day over and above what you should give yourself post workout (lean protein and starchy).

Thanks for birthday wishes!

Meadow - yes, most of us had at least one tour in the sandbox.....not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Today is Saturday and I got up early and took the boat out with my youngest. I let him drive us out of the neighborhood and he did most of the "skippering" once we were on the water.....great boy.

Going to straighten a few things today and then work on some cars, boats, mowers, stuff to keep my Saturday productive.

Sunday is a day of rest.........................right after you clean your deck, porch, driveway, sidewalks....or all of them!

Dave

Huh.  My relative - desert storm.  huh.  

I'm cleaning.

Did you know there was such a thing as neurosis of the liver?  Yep, there is.  The liver is traditionally shy and self-conscious but can turn green with envy.   Yep,  neurosis of the liver.  The liver can quiver when it's mad and will sling arrows.  The liver is a river when flooded with  bile.

O Mighty Liver and Largest Gland

Snug in my abdominal cavity

Your function we understand

Three pounds in weight

But worth your weight in gold

De-aminates the protein we eat

De-saturates the fat, produces heat

O Liver

I think I Love You

April - yes, I'm from Ireland and have a great pride in our wee country - I'm glad you liked it too.

CQ - let us know how the NGG trial goes - not that I ever see me going back there, but ya know...

Laurie - hope you're feeling a little better today - keep in touch

dcducks - my bathrooms are all ready for the white glove test - and the smell of cooking has finally overshadowed the smell of bleach!

meadow - I spend TWICE as much when my boys come shopping too - and of course the wee one NEEDS everything, in every shop we go into. He never fails to find *something* he needs no matter what kind of shop we're in, and pocket money burns a hole in his pocket. The first born on other hand is a saver, and thinks good & hard before parting with his money - although he'd gladly see you parting with yours!! 

I've had a very productive day. Most of my cooking is done for the week save for the large batch of greens I plan on doing tomorrow. Time to relax before getting stuck into the rest of the chores tomorrow....

jmcbn - that's incredibly sweet.   Your boys, cookin', cleanin' and riddin',  fetchin' and catchin'  and you're  fixin' to get ready for bed shortly.  I couldn't let you go without saying,   Goodnight.  It's been a fun day and can you believe your day is almost over?    The time does fly when we're cleaning.  If only we could have a virtual cup of tea with fits of hysterical laughter.    Sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite or flying insects...keep your mouth closed... :D 

Ha! Those flying insects bite too - there's no such thing as a peaceful insect - apart from maybe a ladybird....  :D 

Saturday's are movie night with the boys so I'll be around for a while longer as they bicker between themselves as to what we should watch - I've suggested The Breakfast Club, or Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and if either if them suggest Alvin & The Chipmunck I'll be vetoing their decision  :P  B) 

The feral child came back from his play date bouncing off the walls, and with a blue tongue :wacko:  Obviously the other mum was willing to give them anything for a quiet life - no doubt he'll crash on the sofa soon. The first born didn't fair *too* badly in the All Irelands - he came home with a bronze medal, and the comment that those were the hardest games of chess he's played, ever. He won more than he lost though so he's happy enough.

I've just had some side of salmon steamed in curried coconut milk - twas awesome - it's not the cheapest fish to buy fresh so I like to take advantage when it's on offer and it's currently got 50% off - hopefully they'll keep the offer running til next week so I can get some more....Very tasty!

M2 was about a cup of brown Jasmine rice, sauteed onion, shitake's, hot pepper, asparagus, ground pork w/ salt,pepper, grnd cardamom, grnd coriander, basil, compliant fish sauce, rice vinegar and 1 date chopped to balance the vinegar.

So far, not anything major, but did get a tired spell this afternoon, thought about a nap, but was able to work thru it.

M3 cooking now. Sirloin steak, baked sweet tater w/ ghee and corn green bean mix.

It still amazes me how much better food taste since not eating any sugar or sweeteners. Tonight, to finish of this trial of GFG, I cooked up a sirloin steak seasoned with Himalayan sea salt, pepper garlic powder and ground ancho pepper, baked a sweet potato with cinnamon and ghee and cooked up some green beans and corn. It all was so delicious, the corn was so sweet almost too sweet and the sweet potato was like desert and not a drop of added sugar or any other form of sweetener... I am well fed... Tho I haven't had any mega reactions as of yet to the GFG, I did notice that the afternoon slump was back and the tiger blood I have had was flagging. Thought about taking a nap for the first time in a long time, but managed to talk myself out of it and work thru it. Did a set of hangs, squats and lunges after lunch. Heading off to bed soon! A very productive day in so many ways. Number one is I can live happily with out GFG's in my diet. I'd rather have the stable energy I have with out them than what minor flavor they might add to a meal... I also noticed that when GFG's are in my meal I tend to eat past satisfaction...

Did I say I was well fed...

Archived