Dirty Thirty "Roundup and Ride"!

dcducks1

Great report, Denise.  I can live without them, too.   You'd think with all of those days under our belts that the reaction would be less.   It really is a kick in the pants but we have to draw the line in the sand when it comes to feeling like a pair of worn out leather saddle bags for our horse.  It's an individual choice.

Grains + sugar make me feel like something the cat dragged in. 

bad-luck-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927

Without them, I laugh all of the time...with myself. teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292793   In the car, over the stove, cleaning the sink and folding clothes....it feels good without the brain drain of sugar + grains.    dance-with-me-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/multimedia/index.php?newSearch=true&display=custom&volcano=1&resultsPerPage=20earthquakes and shifting ground on 

05/16/2015 8:40 pm 

The lava lake at the summit of Kilauea volcano continues to drop and earthquakes are rumbling at the highest rate recorded thus far (every couple of minutes over the past 12 hours), prompting scientists with the USGS Hawaiian Volcano Observatory to issue a special information statement today. - See more at: http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2015/05/15/volcano-earthquakes-swarm-scientists-say-what-to-expect/#sthash.sW40wRY7.dpuf

2015-05-15volcano-1000x600.jpg

I also noticed that when GFG's are in my meal I tend to eat past satisfaction...

Did I say I was well fed...

Is it this? Or is it that they cause your stomach to feel fuller sooner? I always found that unless I ate beyond satisfaction that I'd feel hungry an hour or so later once they were digested - and I hated that feeling of being stuffed full, rather than satisfied full - I never feel stuffed without them. I think of them more as a filler rather than a food....

And yeah Tiger Blood all the way!!

I took my Dirty Disco (my new cyclocross bike) out for her first spin today, had a blast! She is a big change from my mountain bike but I think me & her are going to be rather happy together. First time I have had to have a mini meal since I've been hibernating all winter but now that the sun is out....

jmcbn, you are spot on about it just being a filler as later when I got in bed I didn't feel so full! Remember thinking hhhmmmm, that's interesting...

More info from this am is that they mess with my sleep, felt achy when I got up and cause some inflammation esp. in my head and chest. Had a few coughing episodes yesterday because of it and still feel a bit tight in my chest. Definitely not on the it's special board!

Grrr  I have wasted an hour trying to figure out how to upload photos.  MegaG I wanted to send you a photo of gardenias from my garden, and 

Dave I wanted to show you how bad my sidewalk was before the cleanup.  Oh well...

Yesterday was day 4 and sure enough I wanted to kill all the things.  Everything was so annoying.  So I got on my bike and rode it out.  Felt much better after.  Overcame a couple big temptations too, feeling good about that.  Found a hidden stash of cashews, ate a small handful.  Grrr there too.

I was tempted to have a sports gel on my ride for the power boost, but did not and was fine.  I was tempted to drink my breakfast again, but ate real food.  Also, was so tempted to have a glass of wine while out to dinner with a friend, who kindly ordered water to support me.  Whew.  Truly the thought of you all helped me through.  I like the values and community you have here.  It sets a new normal that is where I want to live.  Does that make sense?

so today is day 5  instead of day 1 again.  woohoo!  I feel relieved that I didn't sell my self down the river for a glass of wine or a sports gel!

m1:  butternut squash and chicken salad

m2:  eggs with peppers and onions more butternut squash and chx salad

m3:  steak, baked potato, broccoli, decaf w coconut cream 1 T coconut oil (there's me trying to resist the cashews) and finally:  a small closed fist of cashews.

There are so many good posts I want to comment on but have to get my ride in before more rain.  Thank you all for wisdom compassion and accountability!  What a great group

xxx

Hi Ladies good Sunday morning to all.

It's a beautiful day here Sunny low 70s finally!

Good day for relaxing chores of gardening

I don't miss rice yet I used it often as one pot wonders for a quick meal and I'll be thinking long and hard if I decide to reintroduce any rice for myself

so it'll only be as a small side dish never as a meal again.

I admire those fitness people who can still balance a bicycle or anything that requires that amount of stamina

Oh to dream!

April good luck enjoy your ride Stay safe

I luuuuuuuv gardenias however they can be only a houseplant here in my zone ( my husbands uncle once had one grew 6 foot in the house!)

CQ you'll be fine you are doing great

Jm you seem know confidently what you are doing

Meadow oh my first crack up of the day luuv it

I'm wondering about Espie? Hope all is well

with everyone

so today is day 5  instead of day 1 again.  woohoo!  I feel relieved that I didn't sell my self down the river for a glass of wine or a sports gel!

m1:  butternut squash and chicken salad

m2:  eggs with peppers and onions more butternut squash and chx salad

m3:  steak, baked potato, broccoli, decaf w coconut cream 1 T coconut oil (there's me trying to resist the cashews) and finally:  a small closed fist of cashews.

xxx

Hooray!!! Yay for you, April! What strength! I'm so glad you decided to persevere-- each good decision makes the next good decision easier! And nice work on breakfast, too. I am not a natural breakfast eater, and so have been making an effort each day to get it in. I don't always feel like eating at the time, but it sure makes a difference later in the day to me - because if I *don't* eat M1 early, I am hungry and wanting snacks alllll day long!

What type of bike do you have? Do you ride solo or with a team? What type of terrain do you usually or like to ride?

<3 Espie

Hi Ladies good Sunday morning to all.

It's a beautiful day here Sunny low 70s finally!

Good day for relaxing chores of gardening

I don't miss rice yet I used it often as one pot wonders for a quick meal and I'll be thinking long and hard if I decide to reintroduce any rice for myself

so it'll only be as a small side dish never as a meal again.

I admire those fitness people who can still balance a bicycle or anything that requires that amount of stamina

Oh to dream!

I encourage you to try one of the Cauliflower Rice recipes if you're missing it. I've found it to be incredibly good and very satisfying!!

April good luck enjoy your ride Stay safe

I luuuuuuuv gardenias however they can be only a houseplant here in my zone ( my husbands uncle once had one grew 6 foot in the house!)

CQ you'll be fine you are doing great

Jm you seem know confidently what you are doing

Meadow oh my first crack up of the day luuv it

I'm wondering about Espie? Hope all is well

with everyone

:-) Espie, reporting in!

Hubs is quite like my own personal dcducks - Weekends are for chores and playing!!! So yesterday involved a lot of chainsaws, lumping log sections up a hill, grocery shopping for the week, etc. etc. But also some fun at the golf range, practicing for the first time this season - SO sore this morning, we are out of practice!! But it was a gorgeous afternoon - 65* out, a brisk breeze, eagles soaring above the course, hanging out with my sweet hubs. Pretty perfect, if you ask me.

a-fistful-of-dollars-1964-30667-1400x105

April - great job with Breakfast.....and if good fat doesn't do it for you,  go for more protein instead of nuts.     Remember if you have room for nuts, you're still hungry.   More protein...even if it's inbetween meals.   Compliant jerky is better than nuts.   Use nuts in conjunction with a recipe...thrown in/over a dish.  

A Fistful of Nuts is snacking/dessert.

Hey Kids,

Just checkin in to say you're all amazing. Just knowing how great you feel with real food is a great gift. Once you make your own may, you never like the otherstuff again. Sweet Pots become a comfortable old shoe and veggies make the body work. Living food and wholesome protein.

You guys rock. Keep up the good work.

Miss Meadow, you are a trooper. Dave I cleaned out drawers this week without reading your post...I think you're in my head for good. Higs, think of you everytime I spend time with a goat (not always four-legged). CC - you and Rick love Barcelona. I'll be there in August, Can't wait. Dr. Tracy, Cot Q, and all the others I've failed to list...keep up the great work, maybe I'll join you on the next roundup.

hugs

mix

Mama Miki - you're going to Spain!  I've worked for a few Billy goats in my life. They did behave like the ones that jump on the hoods of old cars at the junkyard and eat tin cans and car seats. :lol: Higs goats are well-behaved.  They don't eat the furniture out of her house or tear up the carseats.

Miki - it sounds like you've been riding your bike, galloping on your horse and continuing on your whole food journey in style. patpat-dance-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1   You've probably already kicked the oven door shut and flown down the highway.  stars-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927937  We miss you but so happy that you keep us updated.  It's  Wonderous.  Terrific.  But it's like an empty nest when the birdies leave the nest.  boohoo-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292793

bye-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292793764

My great day continued. It has been a beautiful sunny afternoon here in central Europe so I have sat in the back garden indulging in two of my favourite pastimes: reading a good book & drinking tea. Sometimes the simple things in life are the best.

Archived