Dirty Thirty "Roundup and Ride"!

dcducks1

Dallas @ Whole9 says

March 31, 2011 at 5:02 pm

We generally don’t consider “decaf” coffee or tea truly caffeine-free (there’s a little left over after processing), but please don’t stress about this stuff. The concept is: decrease the stress load on your neurological system, and worrying about the few milligrams of caffeine that might be left in your decaf tea defeats the purpose. Just move on and do better in the future. Glad your anxiety and sleep have improved. After your Caffeine Holiday, reintroduce and pay attention to how you feel (and sleep). You might even discover that it’s not worth it.

Best,

Dallas

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Melissa @ Whole9 says

April 23, 2011 at 12:35 pm

My experience was exactly the same. I was using so much of that damn coconut creamer because it was the only sweet treat I’d get in my day, which meant I was drinking WAY more coffee than I intended. Switching to black coffee did cut my consumption for a while, but then the caffeine cravings kicked in and I was back to where I started, with all the negative side effects. Glad to hear you’re trying to kick your habit – hang in there. Things may get worse before they get better, but they do get SO much better.

Melissa

Melissa @ Whole9 says

May 28, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Tim – give it time. It took MONTHS for things to really shake out for me. Sleep, energy, mood all bounced around like crazy for a while. Be patient – I’d say you’re off to a great start with the improvements you’ve already noticed.

In the meantime, there are other things you can do to improve your energy levels… like our Whole30 program. One of the first things people say about their experience was their energy levels skyrocketed, and stayed consistent from morning to noon to evening. So maybe as you’re flipping off Joe, you can also say sayonara to grains, dairy, legumes, booze and sugars and get the best of ALL worlds. (Just a thought.)

Looking forward to your two month report.

Melissa

Dallas @ Whole9 says

July 13, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Please don’t think that the absence of coffee in your life is causing your memory deficits. Interestingly, chronically elevated cortisol (i.e. chronic stress) tends to damage cognitive function, as does chronic sleep deprivation and omega-3 deficiencies. I’ll go out on a limb here and say there’s a zero percent chance that the absence of caffeine is causing your cognitive challenges (even though acute caffeine ingestion improves focus). Look elsewhere in your lifestyle and nutrition plan for possible causes, but don’t rationalize the return to coffee. ;)

Best,

Dallas

Melissa @ Whole9 says

July 20, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Your experience reinforces my (weak at times) decision not to reintroduce coffee or caffeine in any form (even tea) since October 2010. Not even when I see Dallas drinking my favorite black tea and think, how much caffeine could be in one little teabag, anyway? Not even when I REALLY want the taste of coffee and think about ordering a decaf.

I’ve already done the hard part – given it up and stayed “clean” for a good amount of months. And I gave it up for a reason. So I’m not about to “test” myself and have to go through that clean-up process (mentally, at least) all over again.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience, even if it was a tough one for you. I, personally, needed to hear it.

Melissa

Melissa @ Whole9 says

May 2, 2012 at 7:55 am

I’ll be honest – a month is likely not enough. In fact, things got worse before they got better (especially sleep) as my body adjusted to life without AM stimulants, and I’m afraid you may not be able to really “see” how caffeine is affecting you in just 30 days. It’s a great place to start, however… so give it a month and see how you feel.

All of the things you mentioned – mood, energy, sleep, stress – are good measurements. Also track anxiety or irritability (those should get better soon, if you experience any issues with them now). I also noticed my OCD tendencies with work improved super-fast – I was better able to let things go, and less likely to obsess about details or work left undone.

Keep me posted and let me know how things are going – and if you need a little help around Day 30 to decide whether to keep it up or not, I can offer my assistance there, too.

Best,
Melissa

PS No decaf either, yes? No coffee at all, or decaffeinated teas – just herbal varieties that have no caffeine to begin with.

Melissa @Whole9 says

August 29, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Thanks for your input, although I disagree with the idea that you must taper off caffeine (or any substance) once you become dependent. Both habit research and addiction research show otherwise, except in extreme circumstances. In addition, caffeine has never actually been scientifically proven to be a diuretic (although that’s a common myth), so the addition of supplements may not be necessary, depending on your diet and lifestyle.

The important thing is that you found an approach that is working well for you – and you’re succeeding in your efforts. Keep up the great work.

Best,
Melissa

Melissa @Whole9 says

May 17, 2013 at 2:15 pm

It didn’t take me quite as long to feel “clean”, but it was at least a six month process before things really started to clear up. I really love the idea of not needing a mood-and-energy-altering substance to function – it makes me feel confident and competent!

It can take a long time for your body to regulate, but I suspect you have other lifestyle factors at play here. Caffeine isn’t the only thing that can smuck with cortisol’s natural daily rhythm, and while giving up caffeine is a great step towards normalizing hormonal balance, it’s not anywhere near the biggest player. If you’re not getting 8+ hours of sleep a night, exercising smart (not too much, not too little), managing stress effectively and eating a healthy diet most of the time, you may not be getting as much bang for your buck with caffeine removal as you had hoped. In addition, even if you ARE doing all of those things right now, if your health history is such that you have a history of chronic stress, well… that in and of itself can take years to recover from. Sorry to be a downer, but my message is ultimately positive – keep up the good work, be patient, and address any factors that may be impeding your goals.

I don’t have a problem with a substitute for that hot cup of something in the morning. As long as it’s truly caffeine free (even decaf coffee has some caffeine) I think that’s a smart strategy for getting off the java, but still enjoying the ritual of waking up to something warm. You’re not addicted to coffee, per se… it’s the caffeine. Take away the caffeine and I think you’re fine to enjoy an alternative. However, subbing decaf coffee for regular coffee isn’t something I’d recommend for at least the first year. That’s a little too “alcoholic drinking O’Douls” for my taste.

All of these posts help me quit coffee.

Melissa @Whole9 says

June 24, 2013 at 9:54 am

I love herbal teas – rooibus are some of my favorite.

I really should update this artlcle, as I’ve been 100% caffeine-free for almost three years now, and will never, ever, ever go back. (If I haven’t needed caffeine with a newborn in the house, there’s no reason good enough.) It took me a really long time to see all of the benefits of my new caffeine-free lifestyle – WAY longer than three weeks. Stick with it, because it just gets better and better!

@Christina, the transition will be rough, but it’s worth it in the end, especially if you have other stressors in your life (like a tough job, night shift, small kids in the house, etc.) Good luck!

Melissa

Melissa @Whole9 says

September 25, 2013 at 7:59 am

Good for you, Dave. From my experience, the benefits don’t really start to roll in until you’ve been “clean” for a month or so, and things continued to improve for me (especially sleep-wise) through the fourth month. It’s a long-term process for sure, but one that I never, ever regret going through. Melissa

Great posts Meadow. I still drink green tea, but have been coffee free for quite some time now. Reading those posts I may switch to herbal and see if I can *finally* knock the night time toilet visit on the head - although the improvements I've seen of late have been great, and perhaps I should be attributing some of the success to cutting out the coffee...?

MeGa I no more felt like batch cooking last night than running a marathon, but I'm well aware that if you fail to prepare, you should prepare to fail... I knew I had one compliant meal in my freezer which would do me for meal 3 tonight, and enough salad items in the fridge to make meal 3 last night, and meal 2 for today, but other than that I'd be cooking the rest from scratch and I just don't have the time to be doing that mid-week.

So, I prepped a chicken and threw that in the slow cooker overnight, made a breakfast egg bake with courgettes, kale, spinach, tomatoes, peppers, celery, onion & olives (enough for four breakfasts - about 15 eggs), made a huge batch of roasted veg (beets, sweet potato, parsnip, carrot, leeks & onion in ghee with garam masala, turmeric, salt, pepper & cinnamon), a huge batch of sauteed mixed greens (cabbage, fennel, courgettes, leeks, kale & onions), and some par boiled baby potatoes with skins on... That leaves me to make a batch of chilli when I get home from work tonight. It's a holiday here today for some lucky public sector folk, but sadly not for me...

So:

M1 a quarter of the breakfast bake with two small boiled potatoes
M2 a mahoosive salad of kale, cabbage, spring onions, cucumber, tomato, avocado & peppered mackerel with home-made chilli mayo

M3 a greek style sausage & sweet pepper casserole with mixed greens & olives

I have x5 portions of my own hybrid shepherd's pie in my freezer which have grated mature cheddar cheese mixed through the topping of sweet potato, & white potato. I LOVE this dish and used to make it often, but given that when I woke up this morning and noticed the catarrh at the back of my throat from my dairy reintro (which was part of my 'normal' pre whole30) I think I should probably donate them to my parents....  Yes, the old cough had gone yesterday, but I was obviously too tired yesterday to notice that this particular symptom had made a come-back...  :(

Morning friends-

Still raining here!  Had a nice resting day yesterday.  De-cluttered in the morning, nap in the afternoon plus menu-planning and grocery shopping.  Legs were sore sore sore after going to the cardio sculpt class, after an absence of a couple months.  Funny I can do 100 miles on my bike but that class still makes me sore if I take a break. 

jmcbn you are super-woman doing your weekly prep after a sleepless weekend.  Very inspiring.   I love that saying, "if you fail to prepare, you should prepare to fail."

MegaG, how are you today?  I forgot to tell you yesterday that I love duolingo.  I played with it a lot after a surgery a couple years ago to learn French before a trip to France.  It was very helpful!

Meadow I loved the posts about the benefits of protein and how binge eating can cause diabetes.  I don't binge, but do sometimes end up too full. (emotional eating?) The point being, overeating messes up blood sugar.  After reading all your posts, a light bulb went off for me about the importance of the meal template.  Appropriate quantity = Palm sized protein, plus filling the rest of the plate with veg, and a serving or two of fat.  You said something about that is how much protein our body can take in at one time.  

I have been trying to pay attention to quantity to make sure I am eating the right amount for my body, and NOT eating for reasons other than physical need.  I don't want to sabotage recovery by eating too much of the right food at meals.

I also liked your term "food thrills."  A curious thing is happening to me.  I used to be seduced by food thrills and had a hard time saying no.  But after passing through those few days where I conquered bad cravings, I felt so empowered.  I noticed that I started getting a similar thrill from overcoming temptation.  It sure helps level the playing field by taking away the 'no breaks' foods.

Day 13, tummy looking a little more like normal.  still sleeping great, cravings abating.  whew!

I wanted to try a recipe in the new W30 book for Harvest Chx Salad.  It called for fruit juice sweetened dried cranberries.  Really?  That sounded like danger to me.  What do you all thinK?

M1 pork roast with broccoli last of cauliflower fried rice

M2 more pork roast w carrots and potatoes

M2 steak, cauliflower, arugula with olive oil,  and potato wedges w red pepper and onion

xox

... Food wise we ate well, and I ended up doing a little unplanned reintro of dairy...  B) 

but half way through the slice the inevitable cough started and by the end of the slice I felt bloated. My nose/head felt a little congested overnight but it had cleared by this morning, as had the cough, although the bloating was still there... So, no MAJOR reaction, and I'd say pavlova would/could be on my 'special occasions only' list as it's an easy option when eating out which will still keep me away from any accidental grains, but given the cough I know that if I went back to dairy on a permanent/daily basis I'd suffer the consequences - just as I'd always suspected.

So I was back to whole30 eating as of meal one this morning and will stay that way until I feel like trying to reintro something else...... 

So your take away from dairy reintro...what do you think today?

Booyah!  April.  Job well done.

So your take away from dairy reintro...what do you think today?

I have x5 portions of my own hybrid shepherd's pie in my freezer which have grated mature cheddar cheese mixed through the topping of sweet potato, & white potato. I LOVE this dish and used to make it often, but given that when I woke up this morning and noticed the catarrh at the back of my throat from my dairy reintro (which was part of my 'normal' pre whole30) I think I should probably donate them to my parents....  Yes, the old cough had gone yesterday, but I was obviously too tired yesterday to notice that this particular symptom had made a come-back...  :(

Well, I was already thinking on my drive home that I would be holding off on eating the shepherd's pie which I knew was in the freezer and I knew contained cheese so that's a fairly big indicator that I wasn't planning on going back there on a daily basis. Then when I woke this morning and had the catarrh thing that just cemented it for me.

Had I never have done the reintro I'd never have known for sure, and for me that knowledge is power. My plan is to stick to template until all symptoms settle down & I am feeling my new normal again & then in a few weeks time I'll try a different type of dairy - I don't think they're all created equal - and that way I'll be able to make informed decisions about off-roading that won't have a negative impact on my health. And that way I can also decide if I consider an occasion special enough to want to venture down the dairy route knowing what symptoms it will cause.

Jumping straight back into old habits on day31 is completely the wrong approach IMHO - whole30 is not about dieting, it's about learning to read your body's signals & understanding what those mean to you in terms of the food you can eat & the impact they will have on your health. Reintro is the only way to figure out what will work for you long term, and from the knowledge gained with each reintro you can develop your maintenance plan.

Here I am two days post dairy & not feeling my new normal even after getting straight back to template meals. How can anyone reintro something new every third day (or even every day as some folks do...) and get a true indicator of how that food effects their digestive system? Or their skin? Or their sleeping? Or their bowel movements? Or their emotional well being? They can't. Fact. Slow Roll is the only way to go.

Whole30 is only the beginning of the journey.

I think it can be too fast and hence, the Slow Roll Reintro was created.  Most folks want to get back to their life on Day 31, Day 35 and definitely by Day 40.  Some have no idea what a Reintro is for because they're only here for "dieting" and the weight loss side effects. Ooooo, they fly under the radar and stay quiet as a church mouse...but after awhile, you know for some it's all about weight loss, thigh gaps, and Size Double Aught 00. They need to fit into a dress or go on a cruise. That's all fine and dandy until it's time for another restart. I've seen many of those within a week.  That's not what a Whole 30 is about either. Extremes, extremes, extremes.   Surprise.  Surprise.  Surprise.

Isn't that the way?  The Whole 30 is not a diet, that's why there's no maintenance plan. Without testing and experimenting with food, you don't know where to begin to create your own maintenance plan going foward.

That's where the rubber meets the road, being able to stick the landing with a significant weight release. If you have a significant one - like I did and I'm nursing this BABY right on in towards a Finish Line that does NOT exist.   There is no finish line with maintenance.  You either stick that landing or you're going to fall back into old habits.  If you've not learned how to get there or maintain, and are under the assumption that you go back to what you've always done - you will get what you've always gotten.

Morning friends-

Still raining here!  Had a nice resting day yesterday.  De-cluttered in the morning, nap in the afternoon plus menu-planning and grocery shopping.  Legs were sore sore sore after going to the cardio sculpt class, after an absence of a couple months.  Funny I can do 100 miles on my bike but that class still makes me sore if I take a break. 

jmcbn you are super-woman doing your weekly prep after a sleepless weekend.  Very inspiring.   I love that saying, "if you fail to prepare, you should prepare to fail."

MegaG, how are you today?  I forgot to tell you yesterday that I love duolingo.  I played with it a lot after a surgery a couple years ago to learn French before a trip to France.  It was very helpful!

Meadow I loved the posts about the benefits of protein and how binge eating can cause diabetes.  I don't binge, but do sometimes end up too full. (emotional eating?) The point being, overeating messes up blood sugar.  After reading all your posts, a light bulb went off for me about the importance of the meal template.  Appropriate quantity = Palm sized protein, plus filling the rest of the plate with veg, and a serving or two of fat.  You said something about that is how much protein our body can take in at one time.  

I have been trying to pay attention to quantity to make sure I am eating the right amount for my body, and NOT eating for reasons other than physical need.  I don't want to sabotage recovery by eating too much of the right food at meals.

I also liked your term "food thrills."  A curious thing is happening to me.  I used to be seduced by food thrills and had a hard time saying no.  But after passing through those few days where I conquered bad cravings, I felt so empowered.  I noticed that I started getting a similar thrill from overcoming temptation.  It sure helps level the playing field by taking away the 'no breaks' foods.

Day 13, tummy looking a little more like normal.  still sleeping great, cravings abating.  whew!

I wanted to try a recipe in the new W30 book for Harvest Chx Salad.  It called for fruit juice sweetened dried cranberries.  Really?  That sounded like danger to me.  What do you all thinK?

M1 pork roast with broccoli last of cauliflower fried rice

M2 more pork roast w carrots and potatoes

M2 steak, cauliflower, arugula with olive oil,  and potato wedges w red pepper and onion

xox

April - after going without sugar for a year,   my taster is like a tuning fork when it comes to detecting sugar.   I had someone throw those sweetened candied dried cranberries in a salad awhile back...took a bite and tossed it out.  It tastes like pure candy to me.  Dried fruit, ditto.   Dried fruit should be used for cooking purposes and it's not meant to be used the way some are doing -  as a Trail Mix.

Truthfully, eating handfuls of nuts and dried fruits  is Trail Mix.  It is a throwback to Granola and a Trail Mix SWYPO for me.   You can go for the  big snackerooo but  best be prepared for the big  smackerooo smackdown on Day 30.   You can't get mad at the results if you're not willing to just say NOOooooo to yourself.   You can't get mad about the lumps and bumps on your face either.  No sirreeee, if you're going to eat playfoods instead of real food proteins, vegetables, good fats and 2 fruits .....you cannot pitch a fit.  Not here anyway - at the Hitching Post with the WD30 Roundup Riders.  Babyfits don't fly on the ranch.  The Trail Boss will give you a swift kick in the hiney, tell you to quit your belly-aching & dust yourself off and get back on your horse and ride.

April - I'm glad you've been making the good decisions.   I'm all about "Happy Awareness" over caving into the same ole dog tired habits that brought many of us here in the first place.

MamaG - lots of wild weather out there on the trail today.  You better keep your slicker buttoned up tight.  I like to watch the weather, too.  I like all of the elements...it's a wild ride for all of us.  No one has all of the perfect weather except that Whole 30 Tropical Island that many of us dream about.   I would love to lay on the beach in Hawaii during all of the long winter months.  Talk about a bunch of lucky ducks. 

Crazy weather here! Rain, rain, rain, and did I mention rain? About the only clear time we had was yesterday until mid afternoon--at least the church picnic was able to go off without a hitch!

Looking at the date, and seeing that many are coming to the end of their W30's I thought I would give a couple hints on how I stick with it, and decide to come back after a few off roads. It is a daily choice for me--I choose to eat this way, and most of the foods that I used to crave and want and would 'die' if I didn't get, have come to be not as great as I thought they were when ever I have decided to give in to temptation. I think about how I felt before I discovered how to eat this way and I really don't want to go back there, and how I felt back then. I was captured in the clutches of calorie counting, and low fat, and no fat, and eating less than a hummingbird, and still hated my weight, and continued to gain! Didn't matter what I did, until that glorious day that I discovered Nourishing Traditions and how that put me on the path to discovering Primal, Paleo and Whole 30. 

So, I give myself permission to eat good, whole foods, to eat REAL Mayo and actually have creamy salad dressings!!! *Swoon*, the ability to eat till satisfaction, not to what the weights and measurements say. To no longer allow guilt to rear its ugly head if I decide I want another chicken leg, or piece of meat or heaven forbid, a 3 egg omelette! I cook full on meals, I love veggies, and greens, lovely meats and fish and I have no desire to eat any other way.

I think the trick is to make the choice, the decision every day to eat this way. Choose to be healthy and happy and feel good about who you see in the mirror. Like yesterday, at the church picnic, I made the choice to have the green salads that were there, a few fresh strawberries and 2 meat patties. I walked past the dessert table and kept going right outside to the picnic tables. I didn't feel deprived at all, and I got to visit with several of the ladies of the church and talk and visit and I didn't miss a single cookie.

Choose to stick that landing, it is well worth it.   

Yeah! Days finally at a close

It was close call for me. We had unexpected

But welcome family cookout today right here.

It's a good thing we work well together

My hubs and son took care of the outdoors

While I prepared the simple menu

I prep chicken and steak seasoned for grilling

A salad with raw veggies and roasted a giant pan of mixed veggies . Baked a bluberry cake to serve with ice cream for dessert Whew!

Set up outdoors planted my geraniums

Cleaned up then set up some "junk" food

Along with fresh fruit

SpinSpin I'm going out on a limb and saying I'm sticking with good choices as you do because I never want to go back to feeling awful most days

And acting like I'm just fine

You get it . I don't know you but know you must be so proud of your accomplishments Bravo

April I'm tired and achy but it was worth the work today. I was way more active from 6 am through now. I had a wonderful day with my daughter

Her husband his parents and my parents enjoyed the outdoors and relaxed too I'm good

Jmcbn you are a trooper. You are so right now

I remember that saying: fail to plan you plan to fail

Best thing anyone can do is stay organized in

Plan A Plan B make plans does that make sense?

I'm a bit loopy even with no alcohol today!

My meals were complete but not on time

I had water and lemon on ice all day

No junk food or dessert

I did have decaf coffee and also fruit on my salad

We will see what happens tomorrow Day 23

I'm thinking slow roll Meadow

Your posts about caffeine yes I've cut back to 1cup

And I'm thinking of cutting out coffee all together coffee is just something I used to spend time with

Rethinking eliminating dairy for good too

A lot to think about my last week is upon me

Hooray!   Victory!  Booyah!

Congratulations to all for bringing your focus.  There's nothing worse than a weak game.   This is what separates us from just going through the motions and floating through another Whole 30...whining and foaming at the mouth about all of the things we can't have.  Hooey on that!

I posted all of Melissa's posts about coffee in one place because they give me reinforcement.   We have fun but we all have to motivate ourselves.  As SpinSpin has told us through her posts and I wanted those in one place, too.....the secret to maintenance is to find foods and exercise we each enjoy  and that satisfies.

As SpinSpin knows, the closer you are to sticking the landing - our motivators change dramatically.   In the beginning, there may even be extreme self-disgust with the way you feel every day but that does go away.  The healthier and happier you become - you have to change your game right along with it.

If you don't, you risk falling right back into bowls of pasta, pizza, breads or any of those foods that caused every single problem in the first place.   So much of this stuff is mental and creating a plan and strategies to deal with the mind warp the scale and dieting talk has thrown at us for all of these years.

For those of us with food addictions or who ate for pure entertainment - breaking these old cycles of thrill eating and avoiding old food triggers takes longer than 30 days.  SpinSpin has 3 years under her belt and it's been a year for me.  

It is a delicate balance to reject obsessive vigilance for Happy Awareness.  It takes time and practice.

Most of all, the support we have from one another is a wondrous and terrific thing, too.   Instead of blubbering or worrying about our individual quirks, we meld together like roasted vegetables with a good dietary fat.

If we had a convention....do you think there would be a food fight?  :D   Nahhh,  we're like sand paper that smoothed all of the rough edges away.   I'm lighter and can run like the wind now....you'd have to catch me first.  :lol: 

LOVING all this conversation. I'm just finishing Day 29 of my first W30, and all of it is timely as I figure out how to Ride My Own Bike.

We had a great weekend filled with lots of yardwork, construction projects, and climbing steep hills about 100000000 times. Whew! Needed naps yesterday and today just to catch up! Hubs caught a gorgeous ling cod yesterday and we cooked that up for dinner, with roasted sprouts and mashed sweet potatoes. Yum.

April, Meadow, jmcbn, Mega, spinspin, & all - you are wonderful & enspiring!

-Espie

A food fight Meadow? That would be a shameless waste of all that good food! Although we could always have a table set of of all that multi-crap which would deserve nothing more than to be thrown around....!!

SpinSpin nailed it on the head. It's about making the right choice, day after day, to eat good food, to nourish that one body we have been given so that we get to live in it a little longer. I've been whole30 since February, but I've been making these good food choices for nine years - since I started cooking everything from scratch when my youngest was diagnosed with all those food allergies. And as I've gained knowledge through research & study my choices have been getting better and better, until like SpinSpin I stumbled upon Mark Sisson, Paleo, Primal & then ultimately whole30.

Successful off-roading is about choice too. But before you can off road successfully you need the knowledge from reintro, otherwise the choices you make me lead you into a downward spiral of aches,pains, mood swings & fatigue which will make it tougher to come-back to whole30.

Go for slow roll. Learn what each food group does to your body. Allow your body time to heal after each reintro before trying something new. Make informed choices. Does this food add quality to my life, or take away from my health? Is it worth it? Or am I worth more than this...

Good choices. Day after day. One day at a time.

Good morning campers! Had a great weekend.....worked on Kelly's van replacing the tires and brakes. I helped a buddy work on his daughters 67 Mustang and then I rested the rest of Friday. Saturday was the Veterans cruise and we had around 200 beautiful classic cars in the cruise. It went from 7am to 4pm. We made three total stops where we would set up as a car show for about two hours while we got a bite to eat. The final stop was at the Veteran's home and we raised around $15,000 for the home. I was exhausted when I got home....but wait.....my wife was throwing me a surprise birthday party......which included grilling and a bonfire which went until 1am. Sunday we got up and headed to Shark's Tooth island and had a great day. The motor was acting up a little on the way back so I tore it apart Sunday night and am waiting on parts to come in. Monday I worked on a friends truck for his son and had his son working with me so he could learn. Long weekend, great weather.......I have to go to work today to get some rest. Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Dave 

Dave - the Veterans Cruise and Surprise Party sounds awesome.  Hope your parts and motor are an easy fix.  How's your shoulder getting along these days?  Don't work too hard but we know you will.  June is just around the corner...Dave, are you thinking about a June WD30 before the 4th of July?

Laurie - how's Steve and your family? 

Rivers and creeks are at flood stage because of days of rain.  Houston, we have problem....but nothing like Houston.  Ooooo those folks are really under water.

I like this tip for anyone else  who needs it.  

WozniakSue

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:34 PM

I also have another drink that really helps, prescribed by a naturopath: 1/4 c. unsweetened cranberry juice, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar in 8 ounces of water. This is refreshing, delicious, alkalizing, and really helps my elimination. It has an alkalizing effect digestively. I do use sauerkraut and find that also helps.

Archived