Day 38 and losing resolve

I got through the Whole30 without too many issues. Didn't cheat once. Ate three times a day, no snacking. Stayed compliant. Noticed NSVs like stronger nails, better skin, sleeping better (as long as I didn't have caffeine in the afternoon), and the swelling in my chronically sprained ankle went down. But I didn't see any weight loss. Not a thing. My pants fit exactly the same. And while I know this isn't a weight loss plan, how could I have followed the plan to the letter, and not lost anything? Of course, I have NOT weighed myself. 

Now I am on day 38 and feeling exactly the same weight-wise, and now I am getting constant gurgling in my stomach, coupled with some not-so-great bathroom issues. My pants feel the same. And while I've been so strong for 38 days, I can feel myself slowly losing my grip with this. I don't want to be a quitter. It's not in my to be that way. But I think I may have reached my limit. I am taking probiotic daily and enzymes with each meal. It's not helping my stomach. I'm trying to mix up my veggies. I don't know what else to do! Any and all help would be very, very welcome.  

Bone broth should help with stomach and bathroom issues.

I was having bloating issues really badly recently (along with chronic bathroom issues).  First I went low FODMAP which did help a little, but then I recognized that I was leaving out a huge component that we promote around these parts - bone broth and gelatin.  

Stomach calmed down pretty fast and loose bowels got better.  So I strongly recommend it.

As for weight - you could just be at a healthy weight for you.  I'm in a place myself - where my body is very happy - my hormones are happy, my monthly migraines are minimal if nothing if the sugar stays out, I sleep well, and my energy levels are fantastic.  However the number on the scale?  - I would love to see that go down.  However I have recognized that my body is really truly happy where it is.  Why do I need to beat it down to a place where "I think" it should be?  I am happy.  I am healthy.  And I am at peace with that number on the scale.  

I never lost any weight on the W30 either, I actually gained a little. However in the time since I officially finished (2 monts ago) I lost that again and then a little more on top. I think for me as I am not very overweight, only about 5kg, there was not much to lose so my body didn't bother with that it focused on what it needed to be doing to heal. Now that other issues are under control and I have figured out what foods bother me and ones I am actually allergic to and eliminated them from my diet it is starting to lose the fat. It is a slow process though but I believe that taking it off slowly is the more permanent way to lose. 

Thank you for your replies. Sadly, I think I've got caught up in the weight loss aspect of this, even thought that's not the goal. It's an added bonus I was hoping to benefit from. As I have not stepped on the scale, I really don't know. I'm just going by my clothes. As far as the stomach issues... my heartburn is GONE, but the intestinal stuff is troubling. I think I need to write things down and keep track of what's happening. I'm reaching the end of my Whole45, although I may end it tomorrow as I have many parties this weekend and would like to enjoy a glass of wine. I did the Whole30, without ONE mistake, so I'm proud of myself for that. Now I think it's time to start adding things back in slowly and see what happens. I do see a lot of good changes from this... mainly my skin and nails, and sleeping through the night without waking up once. That's huge for me!! 

Just wanted to add that I weighed myself today and I am down 7 lbs. Although I am wondering exactly where this weight loss came from, as my pants are still the exact same? I didn't take measurements beforehand. My bad. But i think I must have lost it everywhere except my middle, where I wanted to lose it the most. I will reintroduce slowly. Also, I was incredibly depressed from days 30-40, which I think could be from a lack of serotonin. Coming from someone that suffers from depression and anxiety, this isn't what I needed at all. Did anyone else experience this?

Archived