7th April Whole30 - Time to stay on track

Kage

Hi Barb1

Thanks for the encouragement! :)

I have had a pretty good weekend and generally got my act together a bit. I feel far less stressed as a result.

How's everyone else doing?

Ladies!! It's official, I am starting a new whole30 today!!!

Because over the weekend I ate not good at all, I went to a wedding on Saturday, Saturday was bad, I seriously had bread for every meal and a beer in the evening. . Sunday I woke up feeling horrible and decided I needed to start again, a free about a week and a half off I feel like I was spiraling out and going completely back to before. So I need these rules! I hope after this one, I can learn to be better after it... and not go so crazy!

I waited almost three month  (I started the second shortly after I got the new book.) until I started my next Whole 30. During that time, I thought I'd just reintroduce the rest. This started me straight  back into ALL my bad habits where I felt all the same guilt and shame plus I FELT LIKE CRAP all the time! Three months was time enough to see myself in a totally different light. I learned so much with the first Whole30 but learned much more after!!

I know now, for me, I need much more than 30 days to do this. The days are no longer a monumental chore. I am back to feeling GREAT, sleeping, energy, control and happy again (on day 26!!) I don't care how long it takes to get my weight down with the fantastic feeling I have when I'm in my Whole30 body. I WANT to stay because it feels so good.

So........... This works!! It's not for weight loss, it's for feeling GREAT! The weight will come off in time but I have finally "got this", the reason we did this in the first place is because our bodies were telling us that the food we ate was making us sick!

Sorry for sounding kind of preachy. 

Go Carissa! Hopefully you will slip back into feeling great quickly.

Tulip if you can't face another whole30 yet just take it 1 day at a time. It took me months to be ready to do this one. I had a couple times I talked myself into it and backed out at the last minute.

I went to my SIL's for tea last night and she had made oven baked chicken scnitzel parmiganas. Hmmm. So I reintroed gluten. (Left off the cheese). Felt like I had eaten a brick and had some indigestion. Felt ok today. I had a similar experience my first whole30. It seems I can tolerate gluten ok but I do feel better when I don't eat it.

Felt the pull of the scale again today. I resisted and wrapped the tape measure around my waist instead. Another cm down (bringing the total to 12 since day 1).

Another day of only eating things that make me healthier. Feeling positive and happy. Could definitely have more energy though!!!

How is every one else going?

Well done, Kage. It sounds as if you're doing brilliantly.

I'm still struggling, to be honest. I need to limp to the end of term and then get my head in the right place - then decide what to do next.

Keep up the good work. :)

I ate chocolate.

Handmade (by me pre whole30 that have been in my pantry all this time) belgian truffles.

They were amazing.

I really enjoyed them.

No ill effects at this point.

Straight back to eating template meal tomorrow :)

Hello all! Reintro is hard -- not really doing it in a very systematic or organized way -- but I know that gluten is no bueno. Haven't really touched the stuff at all since pre-W30. A little dairy here and there, a little non-gluten grain, sugar in various forms, occasional glass of wine...

While it doesn't feel like I've "gone off the rails" -- my body definitely doesn't look/feel as good as when I just ended the W30. I can tell in how my clothes fit -- and dread stepping on the scale. I'm trying to stick to a generally paleo template but because of this, am trying to be really mindful of added sugar since I think that's the primary culprit.

Week-long beach vacation coming up -- I'm looking forward to it and am not that worried -- mostly because I find myself to be healthiest on vacations: MUCH more physical activity, much less mindless snacking, more sunshine, and less stress. There will be social pressure for sure, though. 

Congratulations to all of you for sticking this out -- even though it can be a struggle! 

Hi Kage and River

It is hard. Like both of you, I feel much better without gluten. I certainly have gone off the rails a bit, but have clambered back on, at least partially, over the last couple of days - and feel much better for it.

I probably will do another 30 at some point; my head just isn't in quite the right place yet.

Keep up the good work, ladies. :)

Archived