Joint pain since starting Whole 30

momtothree

A few years ago I had chronic join pain- mainly in my knees, ankles, back and wrists. I had a diagnosis of fibromyalgia but I was able to eliminate ALL my joint pain after converting from vegan to a WAPF type diet.

As of about five days ago my joint pain is back. It started in my knees and I woke up this morning with stiff ankles.

I've done a primal diet before and didn't experience this. I've done sugar free diets and didn't experience it. The only difference I've made is I am not drinking our raw milk.

I wonder if it's because of that.

Has anyone noticed INCREASED joint pain on the Whole30?

I'm on day 20 and otherwise I feel great except for some indigestion which I'm chalking up to increased veggie consumption.

There is at least one other thread about this (maybe more if you search), so you're definitely not alone! There are a couple of suggestions there: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/864-joint-pain-since-starting-whole30/

(I noticed that thread because I was having knee pain, but I think mine was co-incidental and not food related since foam rolling sorted it out).

Thanks for the link. Not sure how I missed that one in my search!

I'm pretty sure nightshades aren't a problem for me because they have always featured prominently in my diet.

Other than that, I'm still left wondering what could be causing this. I'm pretty sure it's related to the Whole 30 I just don't know what the link is. :(

I haven't been able to work out since becoming pregnant with my daughter (she's four months old) because I had and still deal with severe pelvic girdle pain.

I'm pretty sure it's the joint. It definitely feels like pain in my bones- not muscles or ligaments. I'm at a loss. I feel so good otherwise but I really can't deal with it. I can't climb the stairs without turning my feet in and hobbling and kneeling to pick up mybaby hurts pretty bad.

Archived