Halfway mark!

jennrider

Today is Day 14 for my mom and I. The first week was harder than I thought it would be. I read the website and forum and then ISWF for months before actually starting. I wasn't prepared for the amount of time I spent in the kitchen the first week. I love to cook, but usually just supper. I definitely had moments of panic! The second week was easier. I don't have to research every single meal. I'm enjoying the sleep. I can't remember the last time I slept like this. At the end of the first week, I woke up and was ready to start my day. I didn't even need coffee to get going. That is huge for me. We have had fun visiting all the different farms, stores and co-ops around our area. Feeding seven people, we are budget mindful. The extra money spent on meat is offset by not eating out. I'm lucky to live in Houtson. Tons of shopping choices. I even found a dairy farm that sells fresh eggs and grass fed beef. I need to work on getting enough exercise. It's a planning thing. Between cooking, shopping and running my four (very active) kids around, I have let that slip.

Archived