Starting May 11th

Debzella

Hi, I am so excited to start Whole30 on May 11th! Aren't all good things started on a Monday? I'm making my shopping list, and mentally preparing to let go of all the nasties, and focus on good, fresh, organic meats, veggies and fruits. Woot! Thanks for being here for support. Can't wait!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, my wife and I are starting on Monday too! We are very excited and nervous about it at the same time. We are doing our shopping list and prepping for the week tomorrow. We have a big event to attend the first weekend of June, so we aren't sure if we can lock in the entire 30 days, but 25 days is better than nothing, right?

Hi, it's nice to know that we are starting on the same day. Partners in crime? Misery loves company? Safety in numbers? lol. Anyway, I look forward to checking in with you guys and comparing notes. Best of luck on your journey.  :)

I'm also starting Monday!  5th attempt.  Dairy has been my downfall in the past, and going a girls weekend in the middle of doing a whole 30 turned out to be a silly decision on my part.  

I feel pretty prepared, going to spend some time tomorrow making some meals because I have a heavy work week coming up!

I'm going to start tomorrow May 10th.  I'm excited. This whole30 will be my 5th attempt as well.  I was successful in completing 2.  My downfall has been sweets (hormonal cravings), or being too hungry and then giving in to eating whatever is available.  Which really means poor planning on my part. 

I'm noticed myself making more and more poor choices, or justifying a food choice.  I also started allowing myself to eat gluten free grains.  I've noticed being more tired and lethargic.  So I'm thinking it's from my food choices lately.  So hopefully I'll be feeling the energy level increase as I get farther into the whole30.  I don't like the tired and lethargic feeling at all!!!!

Looking forward to the next month!

Kristina

Hello! Im starting tomorrow May 11th too. Happy to meet you all. First time for me. Been somewhat paleo for 2 years but totally fell off last summer. Ugh! Tried going back to the paleo way of life several times since then but my cravings are through the roof. I'm totally addicted to carbs and sugar. Funny how easy it is to fall back into that lifestyle. That's why I'm here! I want to feel and look as good as I did this time last year. 

The hard part for me will be dairy and stevia. I eat greek yogurt every morning and stevia in my coffee.  :o

I've already warned the family, and folks at work - here comes the crazy woman :blink:

I did all my shopping the last two days, and I'm ready! One last party to attend today, one last coffee with Stevia, one last slice of cheese, one last greek yogurt, one last glass of Merlot! Oh My!

Good luck everyone - we're in this together and we will do this!!!

Jeanie

We have a big event to attend the first weekend of June, so we aren't sure if we can lock in the entire 30 days, but 25 days is better than nothing, right?

I dunno: by day 25 you should be humming along and able to handle anything!

This is so great! I'm enjoying reading everyone's posts. For me it's bye-bye to my favorite French wine, cheese and bread. But I'm ready to embrace the program and looking forward to more energy, better sleep, and better fitting clothes. Tomorrow! Yes!

My husband and I are starting our first one on May 11th. My biggest addiction is Starbucks skinny vanilla lattes. I'm my attempts to drink coffee any other way I finally realized I hate coffee, and just love really sweet milk. This has sabotaged all my other attempts at sticking to clean eating. So as of tomorrow, no more coffee. My other big challenge will be my nighttime munchies when I want to eat All The Things.

Looking forward to sharing this with you all!

I am in too! I did a failed attempt about a year ago and made it 22 days before I slipped. I am not as prepared with shopping and such but more mentally prepared this time! I need some accountability so glad to have this forum! I just got he new book so excited for the recipes and such since I am 4 months post Partum and trying to continue nursing.

Hi guys and gals! I've debated doing a whole 30 for a long time, and finally decided to quit stallling and start it tomorrow. I'm a bit apprehensive to go it alone, so I'm really glad to have found this thread. The hardest thing for me to give up will be gum. I chew it when I drive, when I work out, when I run, when Im stressed etc etc so not having it is going to be challenging. Good luck to all of us!

Welcome everybody! We will do this. ::strikes Terminator pose and growls fiercely:: Tomorrow's breakfast is already planned out. Poached eggs, asparagus, sliced tomatoes, black coffee. Can't wait. And then to the grocery store to shop for the week. I don't have the book yet. How do you like it? How are the recipes?

Hello, I have decided to jump in today as well! First successful whole30 was last November. I tried again in January and made it about 24 days before the morning sickness got to me. Yep, I am pregnant. I want to nourish this baby and myself the best I can. Looking forward to the support and accountability on this forum.

Hi everybody! I'm in too...!

I've been eating paleo for two and a half years, which has changed my life: I used to so sick...  Nonetheless, there're some treats I have a hard time quitting and I think that's pulling me back from feeling really well. Wine and sweets, mainly. I have hypothyroidism and MTHFR, so I should know better. But stress and social situations get me...

Silly, right? Why do I have to drink wine for everybody else to be happy...? Time to stick to a really clean way of eating, and to feel really good and energized!

Would you guys like to tell the others a little about yourself? I'm 37, mom of two, and I live in Chile (though I'm French). Can't wait to hear from you...!

Have a great day 1!

Hello everyone

I started my first Whole30 today (May 11 - I am in Australia so not sure if the days line up).

Took the before pictures - that was a blast - no not really :)

I am tired all the time and have been for as long as I can remember I hope that this will spark me up. My inspiration to do the Whole30 came after my daughter in law did her first Whole30 in February and loved it.

Hoping to find lots of inspiration here and wishing you all the best for a successful 30 days together.

Good Morning, Barb here. I look forward to doing this with y'all. I have taken care of my elderly dad for a couple of years

and managing his home and meals along with my own and husband's home has taken a beating on me. I am gonna have to get super organized to accomplish this but I am determined!!! I have GOT to get rid of my wine and carb cravings and lose some (alot)

of this weight I have put on. Glad for your support.

I'm so happy there are so many of us starting today? How is everyone doing, so far? I see there are a few of us wine connoisseurs here. I'm actually looking forward to 30 days without it, even though I enjoy it so much with dinner, or with cheese. I know I eat a lot more calories when I have wine, plus the calories of the wine itself. So, that alone will help, I think. I did my pre-whole30 weigh in (Ack!) and took my measurements. (Double Ack!) I couldn't bear to take a "before" photo. My rolls are burned into my brain anyway. I won't forget. lol. 

I started today and am super excited! I am following the 7-day mealplan in the book, and spent hours yesterday prepping today's food. (Is it always that time-consuming? I hope not.) 

Is anyone else following the meal plan this week? What do you think? 

So far, the frittata was good but way too big portions! I guess they are trying to fill us up so we won't snack, but it was too too much. 

About to have lunch - tuna with homemade mayo (that was a first for me).

I was just looking for good compliant mayo recipes. How did you make yours, Swithy? i don't have the book yet, so I'm making my own meal plans using their recommended measurements. Are the meal plans easy to follow?

So far so good.  I started yesterday.  My meals were, breakfast-  coffee with coconut milk, fried potato and 2 fried eggs, lunch-  2 fried eggs, banana, raw cashews and unsweetened coconut.  ( I know this isn't the best of meals)   Dinner-  roasted chicken, mashed potato (with coconut milk and garlic) and sauteed sugar snap peas.    I made bone broth with the left over chicken carcass.   I did have a couple of handfulls of raw almonds,  and a pitted date with raw cashews. ( I know I'm not supposed to do that) 

Today, I've had  coffee with coconut milk, sweet potato hash, two fried eggs, sauteed kale. 

Lunch-   Large Salad with basalmic Vinegar and olive oil. (sadly I don't have any protien with me)  So I'm not sure how long this meal will last me. :(  I may have to nosh on some protein (or a lara bar)  before I get home from work.  (it's an hour drive and I have to stop at costco and trader joes)  

For dinner, I'm planning to make tacos and eat mine on salad.

I also had bone broth mid morning, and  some dry roasted almonds.

I thought I'd have a headache, but no headache yet.  I could have gotten my sugar fix thru the banana and date that I ate yesterday. 

I am starting to feel a twinge of head pain now...   probably the lack of protein with my meal. :( 

Kristina

Archived