Starting May 11th

Debzella

Lauriiem sorry to hear about sad dog new! I have a 13 year old pug who has had her share of health issues and feel for you right now!

I finally have time to sit and say HI to my fellow paleos! This is my 2nd official W30 and was much needed since my unhealthy carb intake and daily wine consumption was getting in too much of a habit! My moderation chip is minimal or non existing. I'm feeling good today. Happy to have survived a busy weekend (and was more productive) my husband is hanging in there and trying to support me .... But I did feel like telling him to kiss my ass today when he teased my weed pulling skills (presence of a 3 year old made me bite my tongue)

I am putting off my store visit so I can chill.... I did boil lots of eggs and will make more paleo mayo soon!

Good luck on week 2 everyone! My goal is to get moving a bit more...whats your goal for next week?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry too, Lauriem. 

I just made a huge batch of eggs, sausage, spinach, and sweet potato.  Couldn't find any compliant sausage, so I had to buy ground pork and add the seasoning myself.  Phew!  I have my meals planned for the week and groceries bought.  YAY!!

Welcome to the new folks! And lauriem, I'm so sorry about your dog. They really are our babies.

Ok,today I'm right on track with the time line. I'm feeling soooo spacey and exhausted. My head feels like it's floating about three feet above my body. Not really enjoying today, but at least it's Sunday.

Hello New Folks!

I decided to make the Mayo from the book - OMG! It came out so fluffy! I'm quite proud of myself  :D Now to to get up the nerve to taste it! 

​I was a cooking fool today as well! Made 6 hard boiled eggs, an egg frittata, Sweet potato hash, and Mayo! Wow, is it time for bed yet?

So, when do we get over the crabbiness? I've been a little witch this weekend (replace the "w" with a "b")! Hubby can't wait to go to work tomorrow.  :wacko:  

Hang in there LaurieM

Happy Week Two Everyone!!

Ok, feeling a bit better after a walk and a yummy dinner. I made nom nom Paleo Asian Cauliflower rice and it was so, so delicious. We also had grilled chicken apple sausage (compliant!) and shrimp skewers. I finished my meal with some fresh strawberries and raspberries.

Onto day 8!

Wowza cooking this healthy is a lot of work! I will say I made an amazing dinner but grocery shopping took twice as long and then more food prep and well the kitchen is still not back to its original state;). I made a lot of food and most of it hubby will eat so it will go fast!

18 hard boiled eggs, 5 large sweet potatoes with peppers, Green onions and olive oil(love this!), fruit salad with all organic strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries). For breakfast I made scrambled eggs with my potato hash and fruit;). Lunch was the same! Dinner grilled steaks with grilled broccoli, cauliflower, protein salad, potato hash! I was so tired and we did one load in the dishwasher but I know the rest it is waiting after I finish this coffee.

So at home it isn't too hard even watching hubby make homemade margaritas, told him you perfect it and i will try on day 31;)

Grocery store was a little harder, amazing how much I noticed all the stuff I can't have! The sweets are my weakness. I made it thru while buying some non compliant things for hubby and son. Ready for day 8!

Hello everyone! I'm coming out of this weekend feeling empowered, accomplished, but also depressed and frustrated. It might be that AF is here, but I binged on all compliant food over the weekend. During the work week I do so well and then on the weekend I found myself binging yet again. This weekend I ate way too much watermelon, a lot of Larabar (I lost count after 3...  :( ) and emergency nuts. I think that I've become comfortable with what I can eat and I've been grazing all weekend. I typically did that before, so I know it is a habit that I'm going to have to break!! This is why I feel frustrated at myself and also depressed. I really do want to try to lose weight on the challenge, so I need to cut it!! 

This weekend we went to a brewfest with a bunch of our friends to support our friends up and coming brewery. Well I was already scheduled to be DD at this one, but I did not have one sip! I did have compliant sample jerky, and of course my emergency nuts... (Which to drunk people is a hoot!) I felt empowered and accomplished. 

We then went to a local burritoplace and I ordered a steak, lettuce, gauc and pico de gallo which was fantastic, however they charge me for a taco salad, which if you order that it is huge portion... so I did feel a bit ripped off, but I felt good eating it. 

20150516_165750.jpg

Cooked a whole turkey this weekend to eat during the week for lunch. It looked beautiful and tasted very yummy with Whole 30 compliant gravy(made with almond flour) and cauliflower mashed and roasted asparagus. No one in my family enjoys the dark meat, so I'm in search for a soup that I can use the dark meat too that is Whole 30 compliant. 

Day 8 and I feel like a tired, sluggish blob this morning. I'm tired more because I just got off work, but the thought of eggs this morning made me whine like a big grumpy child. Kill all the Eggs!

That being said, I had three poached eggs on a small bed of leftover roasted potatoes, and a side of sliced fresh tomatoes topped with black olives and drizzled with a little oil. It was pretty. And it was good, too. So, maybe, grudgingly, I don't want to Kill all the Eggs... yet.

For lunch, I'm planning on a filet of maui-mahi, with baby greens and tomato. Yesterday I made it in the microwave and it came out perfectly. I put a layer of greens in a glass dish, laid the fish on them and put a thumb sized piece of ghee on it. I covered it with another layer of greens, some sliced tomatoes, salt and pepper. I microwaved it for 5 minutes and all the vegetables were steamed, and the fish was flaky and good. Not a bad, quick lunch.

Dinner will be leftover roast chicken from yesterday, a sweet potato, and maybe an apple. The only fruit I've had since I've been on the program was about 6 raspberries one day. A nice, crunchy apple is sounding good today.

Onward and upward!

Nickie - how do you post pictures? When I click the image icon I can only link to a URL, and I've tried copy/paste. Maybe it's the browser? What do you use?

Thanks!

Are you mobile? I'm on PC and I click on the image button in the text toolbar. I know that I tried to post a photo mobile and I couldn't. 

Lauriem - sorry to here your little dog is poorly.

Well its monday day 8. I feely yuck! My stomach is churning like a washing machine and i just want to go to my bed. Don't know if ive got a bug or its anything to do with the diet. Ive been feeling fine till now so think maybe a tummy bug as mike, my husband said he was feeling pretty awfull thismorning too.

My friends made a lovely dinner lastnight and were very thoughtfull on the diet front so still hanging in there. Think ill just have an omlette for dinner as dont think could face anything else today.

On plus side i made mayo from new book too yesterday and its delicious. Well impressed.

Keep it going everyone.xxxx

Day 8!

How's everyone feeling?  I keep looking at the timeline, and I did not experience the hangover or kill all the things.  I did have 4 days of I Just Want a Nap.  I started a whole 30 back in April and didn't get too far off the wagon before starting this one, so I'm not surprised I didn't have the carb flu.  I am having great sleeps and the pain in my feet has diminished quite a bit; however, my hands and elbows are still sore and achey.  I possibly have RA but have not been diagnosed yet, because I'm sero-negative but blood tests do indicate I have a lot of inflammation in my body.  The crazy peeing has stopped as well....3 days of peeing every hour.  Holy cow, I thought I was pregnant ;)

Debzella, your food sounds amazing!  

I woke up hungry today, for a change, and made the yummiest scrambled eggs of my life - onions, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes and green onions added, all cooked in ghee.  And cooked up 2 rounds of my whole 30 sausage I made last week.  All so delicious!

According to the timeline, tough days are upon us.  I'm planning my menu for the week today and have got to make sure my food is extra delicious.  

Thank you again to all who have commented on my little Daisy :)  She is now permanently on a low-fat diet with no snacks in between meals, to keep her pancreas from secreting enzymes I suppose.  I hate the thought of low-fat, I don't think its healthy, and am thinking of taking her to a holistic vet.  I do like our vet, but I'm not sold on the low-fat diet.

Today is the first day I didn't wake up with a headache. It's actually the best I've felt since starting W30. I definitely need to do a better job with prepping all food ahead of time - I'm spending a ton of time in the kitchen - luckily I enjoy cooking. But it sounds like everyone else is making a mess of their kitchen as well!

I'm finding the sauces are saving the meals. I've made the Romesco sauce, chimichuri, mayo, and ranch from the book. I was rushing to make dinner last week and just ended up baking chicken with some veggies, and honestly, it was so bland, and I realized I better start adding some pizzazz to the meals, otherwise I'm going to get very bored, very quickly. 

Anyone else have tips for food prep?? and making meals delicious and not boring??

On to week 2! Today was the first day that I actually enjoyed my plain, black coffee...I guess the flavor is finally agreeing with me. Also, all of last week, I was so full and stuffed the majority of the day after eating and in between meals...now, today and yesterday, I've definitely felt a lot hungrier than before...not sure why...I haven't changed anything regarding exercise, etc. I'll just have to keep watching it I guess?

I'm finding the sauces are saving the meals. I've made the Romesco sauce, chimichuri, mayo, and ranch from the book. I was rushing to make dinner last week and just ended up baking chicken with some veggies, and honestly, it was so bland, and I realized I better start adding some pizzazz to the meals, otherwise I'm going to get very bored, very quickly. 

Anyone else have tips for food prep?? and making meals delicious and not boring??

CC, I agree!! Sauces, especially the mayo, is really helping me with meals! I need to make some more of them tonight actually because I used everything up!

Hope everyone is doing well - so excited we're on to week 2! I don't think I've ever done anything like this before without cheating and/or slipping.

1 week down! Go us!

I've enjoyed catching up on the posts from over the weekend. I'm feeling a lot more confident going into week 2. I spent the majority of my day doing meal prep but I can tell it's really going to save me this week. I'll just have to do some "maintenance" prep when I run out of stuff. I like to mix and match different things for breakfast usually. I've been enjoying eating things for meal 1 that I wouldn't consider breakfast foods so yesterday I roasted sweet potatoes, some beautiful golden and red beets, and also a couple heads of broccoli. I made some tuna salad with the homemade mayo (I like eating this in lettuce wraps or on top of a salad...so good!). I also sauteed some red cabbage with onions and a sliced apple in some fat I saved after baking compliant bacon I found at Whole Foods. I chopped a bunch of veggies to have on hand for salads. I made the cocoa chili from theclothesmakethegirl.com and it was just as good as everyone has said it was!! 

Other good finds from my grocery shopping adventures this weekend...does anyone else enjoy grocery shopping for this stuff as much as I do??!  :P : Whole Foods:

Freshfields makes a compliant turkey and smoked turkey at the deli counter (will be using it for a quick post-WO protein!).

Their unsweetened vanilla almond milk is also compliant and is amazing in coffee (although I'm already totally into drinking it black as well) - I heat about 4 oz in the microwave and then whisk it until it's frothy before throwing it in my coffee. Yum! 

You can find a pretty good variety of compliant chicken sausage (which I like to throw in some sweet potato hash and top w/ avocado)

The carry a compliant brand of bacon --I'm not at home and can't think of the brand, sorry!

Costco:

My go-to for organic spinach in the produce section.

They have a delicious brand of organic, compliant tomato sauce that I like to buy and use for my zucchini noodles. I'll usually brown up ground turkey to throw in the sauce and top it with some olives.

This is where I'll also stock up on avocados - I go through avocados like it's nobody's business!!

Bought a 5lb back of mixed frozen organic veggies for about $6 to have on hand.

I'll also get the 24 pack of organic eggs - I can't afford the pastured kind so I settle for organic.

This journey has already been incredible and I'm actually looking forward to the weeks to come! I had so much energy at the gym this morning. We'll see if I feel the same way in a couple weeks but, for now, SO happy I decided to take this on!! 

I'm proud of all of you!!! We are worth it!!

Debzella- I'm with you, still fighting nausea, and also headaches, crabbiness, and fluctuating emotions. I don't even want to be around me. I can see why people drop out. But I'm hanging in and fighting this sugar dragon war in my body!

I forgot to mention that I had my first "Food" dream last night!!! Crazy...it was so realistic, I thought I really cheated. I was eating a kit kat, layer by layer, and gluttonously indulging!! Silly!

Mcki0133 - I have had one of those too!! I had to convince myself it was a dream and that I did not eat those cookies!! Crazy!!

I forgot to mention that I had my first "Food" dream last night!!! Crazy...it was so realistic, I thought I really cheated. I was eating a kit kat, layer by layer, and gluttonously indulging!! Silly!

So funny! I think last night was the first night I didn't have a food dream. I started having them around day 3, and I would wake up feeling so guilty but also relieved that I didn't shove a bunch of chex mix and rock candy in my face! I couldn't even tell you the last time I ate rock candy in real life!!

@Ladyshanny: I have kept records but not posted meals, so I took a good look at the week's food.  I think I'm on as far as protein, a little high on fat and just too much on veggies.  I love them and always eat a ton, so that's probably why I'm feeling bloated after I eat.  I may be onto something for myself though: I didn't experience the detox symptoms at all, and only the uninspired blahs with fatigue yesterday, Day 7, so maybe keeping full staved off the other symptoms. I'm not an expert nor did I stay at Holiday Inn Express last night though, so just a theory!  Anyway, trying to be better about all of the portions now.

Hey- day 8, anyone else foggy today? I so struggling on focusing with work today? So far meals going well and on to second cup of coffee but wow;). Typically I would eat oatmeal in am and missing some carbs I think;)

Feeling groggy? Big time Happy! This is my worse day yet. I know I'll have to check everything that I'm doing today! Hoping this phase passes quickly.

Archived