Starting May 11th

Debzella

• Administrators

I don't know what I'm missing but I bought some Ghee at Wegman's and melted in a pan the other night when I was preparing Crab Legs. The smell nearly made me gag and then the taste? Bleck! What am I missing? I pretty much always cook with EVOO. 

I detest ghee, personally. I find it has a weird smell and a weird taste.  Personal preference, I guess.

I cook mainly with lard or avocado oil.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- Now for TMI - I have not been, uh, regular, for like the past 5 days. Wondering what's up with that, and if I should be getting more fiber. But how? All I can think is fruit. Is it ok to take fiber supplements? 

Personally, I would say start really gentle, like with prunes.  I don't use fiber supplements, but in instances when it's been long enough to get concerned and prunes don't work,  I go for Smooth Move Tea every time.  It has never failed me.  Warning- the tea is a stimulant laxative, which means it works by causing cramping in your bowels.  I always start with a weakly steeped cup and give it 12 hours or so then steep the next cup stronger if I am still working on it.  Post-surgery I realized that 9 days later I still hadn't restarted my lower GI.  I steeped a really strong cup and greatly regretted it.  Those may have been the most painful gut cramps I have ever had.  It works wonders, just remember to start slowly.

Hello everyone! It is day 8 for me! I hope everyone is doing well... I'm going to post the post that I put in my blog today as I feel it might help others. This is my first Whole 30 and I'm still learning. 

Day 8... I'm not sure if I will continue to count down... as I really honestly have no desire to stop at 30 days. I haven't felt this good in... well in my life!!! I wake up refreshed, I have energy in the afternoon and even took the kids to the park last night! My running has increased drastically. I have not headaches. To top it all off... my period wasn't as heavy as it typically is and I didn't have to take an iron supplement. Oh... and I get Bacon... that is a plus!

I'm still working my way through the book 'It Starts With Food' and I am learning more and more about my relationship with food. The other night I made frozen banana ice cream, coconut milk and almond butter because I felt like I deserved it. I should treat myself for being so good and drastically changing my eating habits. It was heavenly. However, the more I thought about it and after I ate it after Meal 3. I felt guilty... yes, guilty. Just like when I would feel guilty about eating the normal cookie dough ice cream I typically would eat if it had been in the house. I started to do more reading into the rule, yet again for The Whole 30 program which states.... 

Do not try to re-create baked goods, junk foods, or treats* with “approved” ingredients. Continuing to eat your old, unhealthy foods made with Whole30 ingredients is totally missing the point, and will tank your results faster than you can say “Paleo Pop-Tarts.” Remember, these are the same foods that got you into health-trouble in the first place—and a pancake is still a pancake, regardless of the ingredients.

I did just that... I had Sex with my pants on... I started talking to my support network of friends who also do or did the Whole 30 and one particular friend wrote me this after I told her... "that I felt like I deserved it." It really hit home for me... 

Well, in my experience, you want to reboot yourself mentally. Paleo ice cream and other paleo-fied fun foods really aren't helping address our deeper desires about food. Language like "I deserve it" (which by the way, you probably do lol), does show that you are still rewarding yourself with food. Consider what that means. Consider your relationship with food emotionally. That's a HUGE part of what this is about. You're still lighting up those reward centers in your brain. That's why it's against the rules. Because it isn't just nutrition but also exploring WHY we want to food we do. To uncover our mental hang ups and forge a healthy relationship with the food we eat. Otherwise we WILL fall into the same patterns. Just substituting maple syrup for granulated sugar.

I came into this challenge expecting or hoping that it would help me with my migraines and maybe lose a bit of weight, but this program is WAY more then I expected. I always said in my brain or out loud that my relationship with food is very unhealthy. It always has been. Even though I thought the 'healthy things' that I was eating were not entirely 'healthy', but I would also binge and over consume on food. This program is a mental reboot of how we look to and feel about food. It is WAY more then finding out the cause of my migraines and to lose a bit of weight... it is about a healthy relationship with food. I really do think I had a light bulb moment in the last 24 hours... 

Meal 1:
small handful of chopped up bacon 
3 eggs
handful of onions & peppers
Banana
Small handful of almonds

Meal 2:
2 Tuna cakes
Handful of spinach
Mashed potatoes w/ ghee and coconut milk
2 egg whites
very small handful of Cashews

Meal 3:
Tuna Cake
Zucchini Fritters

Good morning Wholey rollers! Day 11 for me.

I'm up early because it's "take the cats to the vet for their shots day!" I've already had a sturdy 3 egg omelet with prosciutto, tomatoes, onions and kalamatas, because it's going to be a struggle of epic proportions. Think stuffing Edward Scissorhands into a teeny, tiny box. Twice. 

Lunch - leftovers of some combination of the last two dinners.

Dinner - out of ideas, but some kind of meat and 1-3 cups of a vegetable or two. I think I need a sweet potato. Focus is difficult this morning.  :)

My energy is like I've never seen it before. It's not like I'm jumping small buildings in a single bound, but it is good, steady, productive energy, in like, "Okay, now what can I do?" In other words, I'm getting s**t done.  :P

Duckmama - I've heard that Smooth Move Tea is good for getting things to move… ahem…. smoothly. 

I have been having daydreams of ice cream… or a glass of wine on the patio…. or toast and butter…. but I will not stray to the dark side. I feel too good and I really want to see this through all the way. I'm excited to feel better, and my pants are starting to fall off. (Albeit, they were big pants…) 

How is everyone this morning?

Hello all!  My husband and I started on May 11.  I can't believe we're on Day 11!  Its going great!  I'm not gonna say I don't miss wine, and this weekend will be difficult, but we've got no intentions of slipping up.  

We're from Upstate NY - near Albany.  I actually work in downtown Albany right behind our capital building.  

We are 40 (me) and 42 (hubby - Rob), no kids - just 2 spoiled cats.  I'm going to go back and read thru the thread now...you guys have been active over the last 11 days!!  :)

Hello fellow W30ers, 

Yesterday (my day 8) was a strange one! I had my first pre-migraine/with slight light sensitivity and auras, dizziness upon standing, but no blinding pain. I think it was because of atmospheric pressure + wicked constipation -- I know that sounds nuts, but part of me thinks the migraine comes from pressure, whether environmental or internal. I need to start keeping track of when I eat, because it seems I am sensitive to lapses between eating and I don't think it was from what i ate. 

I am so bloated i can hardly fit into my loosest pants and I was gassy and constipated all day yesterday. I was a little better at concentrating, had my usual 3 - 5 PM slump, but not as bad as usual and decided to go to the gym for a very light workout. as i've been working from home the past couple weeks, I realized that W30 Week 1 was sort of like being sick: anti-social, lot of time at home, fatigued, weak, etc. and now i'm ready to start being back out in the world. 

was blissfully exhausted around 10 PM (usually I go to bed around 1 AM), but like someone mentioned on here, with a sore throat. what started yesterday morning as a slight tickle has progressed into a full on sore throat. i'm going to take zyrtec to see if it's allergy connected, or if it's my body just getting rid of junk.

M1 9 AMburger, fried eggs, sautéed onions, tomatoes w W30 chili mayo + squash w coconut milk, shallots, lime, and curry powder. Kombucha sip,  grapes.

M2 1 PM: freestyling Tom Kha soup: garlic, ginger, onion, coconut milk, green curry paste, chicken, cabbage snow peas, chili sauce, garnish with fresh cilantro and lime. yum. Kombucha sip.

Pre-W/O 6 PM: Tuna fish

M3 8 PM: Tom Kha soup + Franks buffalo chicken w W30 mayo & carrots, celery + chopped liver and radishes. kombucha sip, blackberries. 

DEBZ: inspiration for the acorn squash came from this recipe:  http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-roasted-9-159051 (don't think it's compliant) and if you're not familiar with it, the recipes on that website are great in general, though it's not W30, it's more for inspiration. that said, I can't wait to make sauerkraut (so easy!) and pickled veggies :)

YES!!!!!!!!!!!   :D

Why did you YESSS!!!! for hunger between meals from 6 hours to 4 hours? Same thing is happening to me, and it makes me wonder why the huge amount of food isn't sustaining me for longer....

ALL: when you go away for a weekend, what food do you pack or wish you packed that would be helpful to stay on course? THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE :)

Boom. Week 2 Here us Roar!

Hi guys and gals! I've debated doing a whole 30 for a long time, and finally decided to quit stallling and start it tomorrow. I'm a bit apprehensive to go it alone, so I'm really glad to have found this thread. The hardest thing for me to give up will be gum. I chew it when I drive, when I work out, when I run, when Im stressed etc etc so not having it is going to be challenging. Good luck to all of us!

I know this post was from DAYS ago but I'm just reading thru from the beginning and this stuck out for me!  It was Day 2, at work, after lunch and I'd had something garlicky so I popped a piece of gum in my mouth...chewed once...and when that sweetness hit I practically spit it right back out!  In my head I thought "OMG you cannnot f**king have gum, you nut!!"  Haha!

welcome staci!

Hello all!  My husband and I started on May 11.  I can't believe we're on Day 11!  Its going great!  I'm not gonna say I don't miss wine, and this weekend will be difficult, but we've got no intentions of slipping up.  

I am so bloated i can hardly fit into my loosest pants and I was gassy and constipated all day yesterday. I was a little better at concentrating, had my usual 3 - 5 PM slump, but not as bad as usual and decided to go to the gym for a very light workout. as i've been working from home the past couple weeks, I realized that W30 Week 1 was sort of like being sick: anti-social, lot of time at home, fatigued, weak, etc. and now i'm ready to start being back out in the world. 

St. Sophia - Have you reviewed the W30 timeline yet? It sounds like you're right on track for days 8-9  :) Just keep on truckin'!

"Day 8-9: For the love of Gosling, my pants are TIGHTER.

You’ve made it through the Hangover, and managed not to kill ALL the things, and you’re starting to feel like things are back on level ground again.  Then, you put on your pants. They’re just pants, completely normal pants. In fact, they’re the pants you wore just three days ago. (You were too tired to wash them. It’s okay, we understand.) And three days ago, they fit.  But this morning you had to take a big deep breath to get that button where it ought to be.  What gives?!

The same processes that ran over you like a truck a few days ago are still working their magic in your body.  Your body composition is not actually changing for the worse, we assure you. The enzymes that digest your food and the millions of bacteria that live in your gut are adjusting to your new intake of meat and vegetables, and the lack of easy-access sugars.  This is something they do naturally, and these adjustments have contributed to humanity’s ability to flourish throughout our history.  However, these adjustments can be a bit… uncomfortable. Bloating, constipation, diarrhea, or all three may appear as your gut starts to heal, rebalance, and process this new food effectively. The good news is that most people find this phase passes relatively quickly, and their pants are easy to button again within a week or so.

- See more at: http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/#sthash.oJEnNm7V.dpuf

Hello everyone! It is day 8 for me! I hope everyone is doing well... I'm going to post the post that I put in my blog today as I feel it might help others. This is my first Whole 30 and I'm still learning. 

Day 8... I'm not sure if I will continue to count down... as I really honestly have no desire to stop at 30 days. I haven't felt this good in... well in my life!!! I wake up refreshed, I have energy in the afternoon and even took the kids to the park last night! My running has increased drastically. I have not headaches. To top it all off... my period wasn't as heavy as it typically is and I didn't have to take an iron supplement. Oh... and I get Bacon... that is a plus!

I'm still working my way through the book 'It Starts With Food' and I am learning more and more about my relationship with food. The other night I made frozen banana ice cream, coconut milk and almond butter because I felt like I deserved it. I should treat myself for being so good and drastically changing my eating habits. It was heavenly. However, the more I thought about it and after I ate it after Meal 3. I felt guilty... yes, guilty. Just like when I would feel guilty about eating the normal cookie dough ice cream I typically would eat if it had been in the house. I started to do more reading into the rule, yet again for The Whole 30 program which states.... 

Do not try to re-create baked goods, junk foods, or treats* with “approved” ingredients. Continuing to eat your old, unhealthy foods made with Whole30 ingredients is totally missing the point, and will tank your results faster than you can say “Paleo Pop-Tarts.” Remember, these are the same foods that got you into health-trouble in the first place—and a pancake is still a pancake, regardless of the ingredients.

I did just that... I had Sex with my pants on... I started talking to my support network of friends who also do or did the Whole 30 and one particular friend wrote me this after I told her... "that I felt like I deserved it." It really hit home for me... 

Well, in my experience, you want to reboot yourself mentally. Paleo ice cream and other paleo-fied fun foods really aren't helping address our deeper desires about food. Language like "I deserve it" (which by the way, you probably do lol), does show that you are still rewarding yourself with food. Consider what that means. Consider your relationship with food emotionally. That's a HUGE part of what this is about. You're still lighting up those reward centers in your brain. That's why it's against the rules. Because it isn't just nutrition but also exploring WHY we want to food we do. To uncover our mental hang ups and forge a healthy relationship with the food we eat. Otherwise we WILL fall into the same patterns. Just substituting maple syrup for granulated sugar.

I came into this challenge expecting or hoping that it would help me with my migraines and maybe lose a bit of weight, but this program is WAY more then I expected. I always said in my brain or out loud that my relationship with food is very unhealthy. It always has been. Even though I thought the 'healthy things' that I was eating were not entirely 'healthy', but I would also binge and over consume on food. This program is a mental reboot of how we look to and feel about food. It is WAY more then finding out the cause of my migraines and to lose a bit of weight... it is about a healthy relationship with food. I really do think I had a light bulb moment in the last 24 hours... 

Meal 1:
small handful of chopped up bacon 
3 eggs
handful of onions & peppers
Banana
Small handful of almonds

Meal 2:
2 Tuna cakes
Handful of spinach
Mashed potatoes w/ ghee and coconut milk
2 egg whites
very small handful of Cashews

Meal 3:
Tuna Cake
Zucchini Fritters

Nickiechan - Thank you so much for this post!! I can so relate and I, too, am starting to realize that this thing is totally changing my relationship with food. Before I started the Whole30, I would make a dessert using "healthy" foods like fruit and dried fruit and justified eating it after dinner because it was healthy, right?!! I would make banana ice cream, coconut whipped cream, cookies with things like beans as the base and there was usually always some sort of sweetener involved (Stevia). Never realizing that I was triggering the same reward system in my brain that went off when I had the real deal. This has been truly enlightening for me and I will never look at food or why I am eating what I'm eating the same way again. I am learning to listen to my body and I am able to ask myself questions like "Am I TRULY hungry or am I bored/thirsty??" 9 times out of 10, I am bored or just need a glass of water and I'm good to go until the next meal! If I'm truly hungry, I have a compliant snack and I don't beat myself up over it. I've also upped my protein and/or fat for each meal and this has helped me from getting hungry in-between meals. Thank you all for the suggestion! This program is a game changer and I'm so grateful to have found it! 

On a side note, I had a banana yesterday and I found it was too sweet and I also got a small headache after eating it. What?!! My taste buds are already changing and it's only Day 11. Feeling great and absolutely loving this forum! So proud of everyone!! 

One more day done! Going to try the bullet proof coffee tomorrow - was that 1/2 tsp of both coconut oil and ghee?

does anyone know if smoked haddock or smoked cod is whole30 compliant? I suspect they smoke it with sugar cant read a label as I bought it some time ago and it is in my freezer in see through ziplock bags! - would be yummy with clarified butter on top and a side of veg for brekky  :)

Hi all

Everyone still going strong. I may have missed it but did not see an answer to the smoked cod/smoked haddock question I posted last night - anyone know? Member or moderator? Keep on keeping on everyone  :)

• Moderators

Hi all

Everyone still going strong. I may have missed it but did not see an answer to the smoked cod/smoked haddock question I posted last night - anyone know? Member or moderator? Keep on keeping on everyone :)

Some smoked fish is compliant and some isn't. It's possible to make it without sugar, but many companies use sugar. Without a label, there's really no way to know. Save it for after your whole30.

Happy Day 11 everyone!  I'm reading through all of the posts and nodding my head in agreement and approval.  Agreement with everyone and apporval with myself.  I'm going to jot down a bit of a confession here.  So I can type it, and read it, and reread it.  And if you read it and it resonates at all with you then all the better. 

It's amazing what you an do for yourself when you want too, and when you're ready too.  I attempted this back in November and made it to Day 17.  I feel off of the wagon and wanted to get back on.  I just couldn't get there.  About a month ago something changed for me. 

I had a friend here at work get sick.  This gentleman is about 7 years older than me.  He doesn't drink at all but he loves to eat.  He's always going out to lunch or dinner.  Loves his sweets.  He wasn't super heavy but definitely had a bit of a belly.  He kept saying he just wasn't feeling right.  His doctor had him sent for a colonoscopy.  They didn't find anything but didn't like how his EKG looked during the procedure.  So they sent him for a stress test a few days later.  He failed it on a Friday.  By Monday he had a heart cath and had to have three stents put in.  Yikes.  If he didn't go for the first procedure?  If he had a heart attack....the damage might have killed him.  I don't want this to be me. 

The reality of my situation hit me.  Only 47 but feeling older, looking older.  Food, bad food and some drinks had become the means of filling a void.  It came down to a choice in my eyes.  Either continue and eventually have my health become my downfall, or take more control.   Since then I've gone to my doctor.  Started on high blood pressure medication.  Had a sleep study.  Went on Cpap therapy.  Have been walking everyday.  Started this again.  I've had this planned in my head but never felt like taking action.  I've changed.  I know I've lost weight.  I feel better.  I feel like I've taken control.  We don't have much control in our lives.  We really don't.  There are so many external things that have a bearing on us.  Eating isn't one of them and it will no longer control me.  I'm giving myself credit for taking control and wanting and demanding a healthier version of myself. 

With a huge smile and a big hug for myself.........I wish everyone on here the strength to accomplish your goals and to feel awesome about yourself.

DEBZ: inspiration for the acorn squash came from this recipe:  http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-roasted-9-159051 (don't think it's compliant) and if you're not familiar with it, the recipes on that website are great in general, though it's not W30, it's more for inspiration. that said, I can't wait to make sauerkraut (so easy!) and pickled veggies :)

Thank you, St. Sophia. That looks amazing, and easy to make compliant. I'm inspired! :)

Welcome Staci_NY! 

Nickiechan - Great observations! I'm with you there. I'm seeing now how much I used food, and sometimes wine… to cover up my feelings and frustrations, almost like anesthesia. This is better. The feelings, frustrations and unsolved problems are still there, but now I can focus on what needs to change. It's very empowering to finally be in control. I don't ever want to go back to the place I was in, before Whole30.

Happy Day 11 everyone!  I'm reading through all of the posts and nodding my head in agreement and approval.  Agreement with everyone and apporval with myself.  I'm going to jot down a bit of a confession here.  So I can type it, and read it, and reread it.  And if you read it and it resonates at all with you then all the better. 

It's amazing what you an do for yourself when you want too, and when you're ready too.  I attempted this back in November and made it to Day 17.  I feel off of the wagon and wanted to get back on.  I just couldn't get there.  About a month ago something changed for me. 

I had a friend here at work get sick.  This gentleman is about 7 years older than me.  He doesn't drink at all but he loves to eat.  He's always going out to lunch or dinner.  Loves his sweets.  He wasn't super heavy but definitely had a bit of a belly.  He kept saying he just wasn't feeling right.  His doctor had him sent for a colonoscopy.  They didn't find anything but didn't like how his EKG looked during the procedure.  So they sent him for a stress test a few days later.  He failed it on a Friday.  By Monday he had a heart cath and had to have three stents put in.  Yikes.  If he didn't go for the first procedure?  If he had a heart attack....the damage might have killed him.  I don't want this to be me. 

The reality of my situation hit me.  Only 47 but feeling older, looking older.  Food, bad food and some drinks had become the means of filling a void.  It came down to a choice in my eyes.  Either continue and eventually have my health become my downfall, or take more control.   Since then I've gone to my doctor.  Started on high blood pressure medication.  Had a sleep study.  Went on Cpap therapy.  Have been walking everyday.  Started this again.  I've had this planned in my head but never felt like taking action.  I've changed.  I know I've lost weight.  I feel better.  I feel like I've taken control.  We don't have much control in our lives.  We really don't.  There are so many external things that have a bearing on us.  Eating isn't one of them and it will no longer control me.  I'm giving myself credit for taking control and wanting and demanding a healthier version of myself. 

With a huge smile and a big hug for myself.........I wish everyone on here the strength to accomplish your goals and to feel awesome about yourself.

Big smile and big hug back at 'cha, Jeffrey! It sounds like you really have taken control of your health.  :)

I'm finding the sauces are saving the meals. I've made the Romesco sauce, chimichuri, mayo, and ranch from the book. I was rushing to make dinner last week and just ended up baking chicken with some veggies, and honestly, it was so bland, and I realized I better start adding some pizzazz to the meals, otherwise I'm going to get very bored, very quickly. 

Anyone else have tips for food prep?? and making meals delicious and not boring??

Agree with this!  I've made the mayo into several different sauces - so far our fave for using on baked sweet potato fried and baked plantain fries is smoked paprika mayo.  I just add the paprika to taste along with some garlic powder.  I made the sunshine sauce from Well Fed and its amazing too.  Its a take on peanut sauce but since we can't have peanuts it uses sunflower nut butter.  Yum!  

Agree with this!  I've made the mayo into several different sauces - so far our fave for using on baked sweet potato fried and baked plantain fries is smoked paprika mayo.  I just add the paprika to taste along with some garlic powder.  I made the sunshine sauce from Well Fed and its amazing too.  Its a take on peanut sauce but since we can't have peanuts it uses sunflower nut butter.  Yum!  

I made the "Sunshine Sauce" 2 nights ago, put it on zoodles with roasted red peppers and baked chicken and it was awesome! I also made the Baba Ganoush - posted here: http://whole30.com/2014/10/best-whole30-recipes-sauces-dressings-dips-oh/

I have to admit, I was grossed out by how the inside of an eggplant looked (I get weird with the way certain foods look  :o ) but once I blended everything and tasted it, it's just awesome!

I'm finding the sauces are saving the meals. I've made the Romesco sauce, chimichuri, mayo, and ranch from the book. I was rushing to make dinner last week and just ended up baking chicken with some veggies, and honestly, it was so bland, and I realized I better start adding some pizzazz to the meals, otherwise I'm going to get very bored, very quickly. 

Anyone else have tips for food prep?? and making meals delicious and not boring??

This Artichoke Lemon Pesto Chicken recipe is fabulous and easy to make - you could definitely make only the pesto sauce and use it on other veggies, fish, etc. http://paleomg.com/artichoke-lemon-pesto-chicken-pasta/

I made the "Sunshine Sauce" 2 nights ago, put it on zoodles with roasted red peppers and baked chicken and it was awesome! I also made the Baba Ganoush - posted here: http://whole30.com/2014/10/best-whole30-recipes-sauces-dressings-dips-oh/

I have to admit, I was grossed out by how the inside of an eggplant looked (I get weird with the way certain foods look  :o ) but once I blended everything and tasted it, it's just awesome!

I definately want to make the Baba Ganoush!  Maybe this weekend.  

Has anyone tried this recipe for cauliflower "hummus"?  Also on my list to try!

http://www.joyfulabode.com/mmmmonday-practical-paleo-review-and-cauliflower-hummus/

GF Chris- I've been following Paleomg for about 2 years now- That Dog!!! Too cute!! (All- I follow her Instagram, she has a couple cookbooks out and she posts amazing recipes too. She's a bit commercial lately with sponsors (I get it) but she has the cutest dog ever (Jackson) that always takes the spotlight when she posts pix of him. He always makes me smile)

I continue to feel amazing. Gone are the stomachaches, heartburn, depression, and lethargy I felt every single day pre-W3.
I too had an unhealthy relationship with food and mindlessly ate things out of bags or boxes just to feed whatever I was emotionally missing. I'm tuned into that now and when I feel a need, i do nothing and just recognize that feeling, or, I go for a little walk, garden, or really get into my work (I've been very productive and am way ahead of deadlines!).

I have a 3.5 lbs pork roast (any kind will do, even boneless chops) in the crock pot today and added:
1/3 c balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/3 c chili powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/3 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste for hotness!
1/2 of a red onion
2 bell peppers
This is cooking on low for about 9 hours. If needed, I will add about 1 cup of water when I get home to cook for another hour just so I have extra juice, to use for leftovers.
The pork may fall apart, yummy. Can be put over grilled veggies, rice cauliflower, baked potato. Whatever!
This is yummy the next few days too so make enough meat.
Enjoy!

Hi all

Everyone still going strong. I may have missed it but did not see an answer to the smoked cod/smoked haddock question I posted last night - anyone know? Member or moderator? Keep on keeping on everyone  :)

I bought smoked whitefish from Whole Foods and it had only salt in it, no sugar. And it was delicious! 

Personally, I would say start really gentle, like with prunes.  I don't use fiber supplements, but in instances when it's been long enough to get concerned and prunes don't work,  I go for Smooth Move Tea every time.  It has never failed me.  Warning- the tea is a stimulant laxative, which means it works by causing cramping in your bowels.  I always start with a weakly steeped cup and give it 12 hours or so then steep the next cup stronger if I am still working on it.  Post-surgery I realized that 9 days later I still hadn't restarted my lower GI.  I steeped a really strong cup and greatly regretted it.  Those may have been the most painful gut cramps I have ever had.  It works wonders, just remember to start slowly.

Thanks for the advice! Will try it asap.

I had one of those intense food cheating dreams last night and it made me so upset! I dreamed that i walked into a party and they was a huge strawberry shortcake that I was fixated on--I was looking at it so hard, that I didn't even notice when someone put a glass of champagne in my hand and I drank the whole thing! Agh, I was so bummed that I ruined the Whole 30. Then I was trying to decide whether to continue or start over, when I went to a staff meeting and the table was overflowing with mountains of doughnuts and pastries drizzled all over with chocolate. I was contemplating whether I should just binge out on it all since I'd already had the champagne, when I woke up. Took me a few minutes to realize I was still on track! 

Great post, Jeffrey.  Thanks for sharing.

Day 12 for me.  I felt great most of the day yesterday, but after dinner I laid down on the couch and fell asleep.  Didn't get up until it was time for bed.  Energy today is a little low as well.  I'm so ready for the tiger blood!

Archived