Starting May 11th

Debzella

Yay, us!  We did it!!

For me - 5lbs lost, but to me it feels like more, so thats what counts.  I hate the scale.  

I'm a little nervous about eating off-plan things!  Ha!  But we are going away this weekend - leaving on Friday for a wine tasting trip in the Finger Lakes here in NY.  Sooo I'll definately be doing some re-introducing then!

Congrats all!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I weighed this morning. It was interesting. I totally forgot that my digital scale throws out random (read: high) weights depending on it's mood and where I've placed it on the floor. So the first reading, I lost 3 pounds. What the what? I feel so unbloated, lighter, more comfortable in my clothes, how could it be only 3 pounds? But then, I remembered, the scale flaw. I moved it to a different place. Oh. 5 pounds. Better. Then I thought, well maybe I lost some more on another part of the floor, so I moved it again. Lost 3. Moved it again. Gained 1! Moved it again. Lost 4. Resisted the temptation to take off my pajamas, but did go out in the garage, put the scale in the garbage, and brought in an old one I had out there. Lost 4 pounds. Resolved to go to the store and buy a new scale. Did I ever mention that I have a problem with compulsive weighing?

At that point, I said, "What the hell am I doing?!?!?" Sat down, had a cup of coffee, and thought about all the NSV I've had, how I've given up my over-wining and over-eating, how people have been telling me how good I look, how my face and belly aren't bloated anymore, how I can just go to my closet and put things on without worrying about disguising my menopause belly, how energetic I feel, how calm I feel, and how sane and present I feel.

Does a number weigh more than that? No.

Okay, I had my moment. My day 31 is also my day 1. Here we go again!  :)

Hi Debz ha ha ha I just love your post - I too have done this with a previous scale, clothed and nude! The scale I have now is quite reliable and since we renovated the kitchen including a new concrete floor the readings are consistent. I think I might just throw my scale away although having scrutinized the numbers this morning I will probably want to check in on day 31 mark 2!!!! Glad to be taking this journey further with you.

Yay, us!  We did it!!

For me - 5lbs lost, but to me it feels like more, so thats what counts.  I hate the scale.  

I'm a little nervous about eating off-plan things!  Ha!  But we are going away this weekend - leaving on Friday for a wine tasting trip in the Finger Lakes here in NY.  Sooo I'll definately be doing some re-introducing then!

Congrats all!

Well done! Enjoy the vino  :)

Good Morning and a very happy day 31! We DID IT! This is so amazing, we all should be so proud of what we've accomplished. And as I said yesterday Screw the Scale!!! However, I love mine today, and after today it's going away for another 30-days!

I lost 10 lbs! Yep! Double Digit! Can I get a Woop Woop?! 

I'm very pleased.

Moving on, today is my MIL 90th birthday. I have my meal put aside to bring to the pizza-making party, and I'll treat myself to a small glass of Merlot. No pizza, no cake, no ice cream thank you very much!

Happy Wednesday!

xoxoxo

post-69065-0-08407800-1433940728_thumb.p

Good Morning and a very happy day 31! We DID IT! This is so amazing, we all should be so proud of what we've accomplished. And as I said yesterday Screw the Scale!!! However, I love mine today, and after today it's going away for another 30-days!

I'm very pleased.

Moving on, today is my MIL 90th birthday. I have my meal put aside to bring to the pizza-making party, and I'll treat myself to a small glass of Merlot. No pizza, no cake, no ice cream thank you very much!

Happy Wednesday!

xoxoxo

Woohoo!  Congrats!!

DebZ - You totally crack me up!

:wub:

Congrats to all - remember, it was only 4 weeks, so any loss is good. 4 lbs, 5 lbs, 8 lbs, it's all GREAT!!!

But better still is that we've stuck to the plan. UN-FREAKN-BELIEVABLE

And....HERE WE GO AGAIN!  Bring it on!!

woooooohoooooo!!! It feels so strange to not "be on the Whole30". I haven't eaten breakfast yet, but I'm going to eat some Peanut Butter with it - planning to reintro legumes today. I'm very interested to see how it affects me, if at all. 

I'm so proud of everyone!! It really doesn't matter what the scale says! I didn't weigh myself because it wasn't worth it. I did take before and after pics and I'm very pleased with them. I notice the biggest difference in my stomach - just no more bloating or puffiness. My stomach is so flat and looks the best it has in years. Plus, my NSV's are just so amazing. 

I'm feeling like others and feeling a little scared to be trying to ride my own bike, now. But like the plan says - if I ever feel like I'm going down a slippery slope, no big deal - we all have the whole30 to fall back on and we know how awesome we feel!! woooo hooooo day 31!!!!

Congratulations to everyone!!

I am honestly really scared for day 30. I'm on day 28 due to CornGate 2015, but will be joining everyone soon. Weight has always defined success for me, so I think I'm not going to weigh myself either. I still have not been able to shake that unhealthy obsession on that number. I can see the change in my body composition and with the way my pants fit and that is a good enough indication. That number scares me and I feel it still rules me. That being said... I honestly want to keep going. I'm going to do a Whole 60 I think. I had ideas of going to my favorite Chinese restaurant with BYOB of my favorite wine, but after even thinking about that I felt guilty because I am still NO WHERE near where I want to be health wise. I found myself leaning on the challenge dates as a way to curve temptations and to stand up to my friends and family. I know I need to "women-up" and stand for myself, but right now I'll just say I'm doing another challenge. I'm getting a lot closer then I was 30 days ago, but I really feel that I need to keep going. So I'm going to keep going... 

DAY 31!!!!!!!!!!! Whooo hooo! So much good news :) My smile gets bigger after every post I read!

Congrats BRICKY (I totally had to go and find a kilo to pounds converter:)), DEBZ, LAURIEM, STACINY, and JEANIE!!! --- awesome NSV's and SCALE victories!! (sorry if I missed anyone!) You should be more than proud...just think of where we all were 30 days ago....crazy to see how far we all have come.

I was super pumped to get on the scale this morning but a little disappointed when I got the results. I'm such a competitive person so I set my standards so high and when I come in just below, I feel like a failure. BUT, now that I've pondered on the results more, I realize how far I have come...the NSV's and the scale ones are way better than I ever would've accomplished over 30 days ago and I'm a healthier, happier person!

My husband and I got into a little squabble this morning because I was a little bummed...he told me that it's ONLY 30 days. He said, on Day 31, you're not going to just go *POOF* and magically change into a new person or have a completely new body. It takes time and this is just the jumpstart. He told me to imagine where I would be if this was month 3 or month 6...I'd be done and at my goal most likely. So, he encouraged me to keep going and NOT stop - to focus more on moving and staying active now that I have the food routine down. Geesh, where did I ever find this guy?!?! So, that's the plan...today, I'm reintroducing dairy to see how my body reacts and then tomorrow, I'm back on the band wagon :)

Oh yea, results...I'm down 8.5lbs and have lost 14.25" overall - specifically, 9 inches from my 'abdomen, waist, buttocks region.'

SUCCESS.

Day 31 and I did weigh in....10 lbs. lost, plus one pants size.  My second set of boobies are smaller (that's the fat under my true boobies), so I don't have as much of a shelf to rest my plate...and not as much gut hangs out when I sit down.  Geez, I sound attractive, don't I? Because I really started seeing positive effects this last week, I'm going to continue on this W30 and at least go to a W45 or W60.  I'll see how I feel on day 45.  I'll keep on this Board, I've got three friends who also joined on May 11th and at least one of them is continuing, so I'll bring her on over as well. I think everyone has done amazing and I'm so proud of the community! Saturday is my son's birthday - turning 8.  I've ordered a chocolate cake with buttercream frosting, chocolate fudge filling and a piñata full of sweets...none of which sounds good to me.  I'm looking forward to juicy watermelon and pineapple skewers!

Thank you for all of the support, it's been so helpful!

I'm very pleased.

Happy Wednesday!

xoxoxo

Jeanie! Woop! Woop!

Wow! Great job, everyone!! And I have a ton of respect for those of you who will be continuing on!

I have lost 14 lbs. I'm pretty shocked, but it also speaks to how badly I was eating before. I really think giving up my daily Starbucks had so much to do with it. I only measured my waist so far and am down 3 inches there, but my clothes are all either big or fitting so much more comfortably. My skin has cleared up so much. It's all good!

My plan is to stick with this at home for the most part. I think I may loosen up on things like soy sauce, and other things for flavor. And when I go out I want to order much more smartly than I used to (no more giant plates of fettuccine Alfredo) but not be too worried about things like a restaurant vinaigrette, butter instead of ghee, that sort of thing.

My motivation to exercise has really waned, so I really need to work on getting back to my bootcamp. My sleep has also been much worse, not sure what that's about but hopefully it will improve.

Congratulations, everyone!

LAURIE MCKI KATHI STACI CCG DEBZ JEANIE BRICKY INIT (just writing y'alls names makes me smile) and anyone I'm missing HUGE CONGRATS! what an achievement. So crazy how tight we've all become the last 30 days, and how much we help and support each other on this journey. it's amazing, I'm super proud of all of you and MIND BLOWN at what amazing results every single one of you has gotten!

BRICKY THAT IS A HUGE VICTORY, i mean honestly, that's a SCALE VICTORY...??? what am i missing? you rocked this!

MCKI  love your hubby, what a great guy! and he's totally right! 1) you lost SO MANY INCHES and 2) this isn't a diet. it's the beginning of a new life. that guy is a keeper :)

so, I must ask, who here wants to keep using this forum past the 30 day mark? I know I do...

Congratulations to everyone who finished yesterday!  You've been a fun group to watch.  :D 

A reminder to post your successes in the Success Stories part of the forum.

can we still use this forum past our 30 days? 

I'm on DAY 29 today and not even really think about stopping at day 30, i'm just starting to hit my stride. DEBZ the way you talk about your energy level I'm feeling that, not ROARING tiger, but just fairly even and GASP this is new for me, I'm tired at night! I gauge my mood in the AM and if i don't feel like coffee, I just don't have any. Did an alien take over my body?!l It's extra nice to feel easy going about certain habits i rely on. Like, coffee in the morning. I have it. period. end of story. But these habits, being able to take or leave 'em, it's so freeing.

Like how ARIN just ate that spaghetti! haha, i hear ya! If i have a crumb on my shirt I'll eat it and then ask "oh sh*t, was that even food?" and now I find myself not licking my fingers after making non-complaint food for others is like a total turnaround. that to me is a huge NSV. 

so much love for y'all xoxo

Wow! Great job, everyone!! And I have a ton of respect for those of you who will be continuing on!

I have lost 14 lbs. I'm pretty shocked, but it also speaks to how badly I was eating before. I really think giving up my daily Starbucks had so much to do with it. I only measured my waist so far and am down 3 inches there, but my clothes are all either big or fitting so much more comfortably. My skin has cleared up so much. It's all good!

WOW. that's huge! good luck on your continued success!

The thing I'm most nervous about is that I'm a yo yo dieter. and when i reach a milestone, my old habits come raring back. I dunno why, like I "deserve" something special, and then it just slowly (and sometimes quickly) all goes downhill from there. I really hope this stays. scratch that. This WILL continue. i commit to making health and wellness an important part of how I chose to live. 

what are y'alls non-food related plans for celebrating the success of your whole30? 

Wow - look at how amazing everyone did - so proud of all of you!  I would think we would continue to use this forum since we all started on May 11th and some are continuing on to see additional benefits. Can a moderator let us know if that's true?

It's a glorious day today - blessings to all of you!

St. Sophia, you just described me exactly. If I'm not officially "on Whole30" I'm afraid I'll dive head first into a giant vat of creamy pasta topped with a loaf of bread coated in sugar. I tend to be all or nothing. I'm going to try so hard to learn moderation, and truly live about an 80/20 ratio of good/not quite so good food choices.

I think this article will ring true to many people:

After the Whole30, some people know exactly what they’ve been missing and want to dive into reintroduction ASAP, to know whether some of their favorite foods will still be “worth it.” Others aren’t missing any food as much as they are loving how wonderful they feel, and they’re hesitant to change anything for fear it’s going to knock them off their game.

This scenario is very common with those battling a chronic illness, where there are serious repercussions for going off-plan. (Think joints swollen and aching, migraines returning, or psoriasis flaring—not something you’d be in a hurry to return to.) It’s also common with someone who has battled a vicious Sugar Dragon, are finally free of the cravings that once ruled their life, and have a really thin margin between “in control” and “sugar-inhaling-autopilot.”

Fear Not!

Note, there’s a difference between being afraid to change anything, and not feeling the need to change anything. The former (being afraid) is not our intention. The Whole30 is designed to teach you how foods interact with your unique body and brain, so you can take that information out into the real world and apply it in a fully sustainable fashion—riding your own bike, as we call it. To stay on the Whole30 indefinitely out of fear is missing the whole point of our program. Is the idea of eating a small piece of your Mom’s once-a-year holiday dessert (your favorite food ever) giving you anxiety? Do you really want to reintroduce something you’ve been missing (cream in your coffee, hot buttered popcorn on movie night, or a glass of wine on date night) but you just won’t let yourself? Do you feel lost, without a sustainable plan for eating in the real world, because you’re not really on the Whole30, but you won’t really come off it, either? If this is your story, then hold on the rest of this advice and read the above-referenced Ride Your Own Bike article first. You need to get over that fear, because it’s holding up your progress! You’ll never find a healthy, balanced, sustainable way to eata way that works for youif you blindly follow our rules for the rest of your life.

- See more at: http://whole30.com/2014/09/dear-melissa-slow-reintroduction-roll/#sthash.cjCOeDNE.dpuf

I love reading thru all the articles and posts on this website!

I, too, am feeling scared an unsure of things! It seems to be perfectly in line with the timeline (once again). I don't want to feel like crap, but I also want to ride my own bike, so to speak. I'm testing legumes today, and I'll post an update over the next couple days. 

Well, today is the day I was planning to reintroduce dairy to my diet...I've gone through a cappuccino with milk, eggs with mozzarella and a yogurt so far and feel a little crummy...I've been writing down the "differences" I see/feel from my Whole30 vs. today...(TMI ALERT) -- I had a rather urgent instance this morning after my coffee and the need to go to the bathroom...and since then I've had some light abdominal cramping accompanied with a slight bout of nausea...the "ish...I feel sick and I'm sweating" stuff. I have also been burping a lot...I never was burping before...Seems to me my body doesn't like the dairy...lots of signs already....

I, too, am feeling scared an unsure of things! It seems to be perfectly in line with the timeline (once again). I don't want to feel like crap, but I also want to ride my own bike, so to speak. I'm testing legumes today, and I'll post an update over the next couple days. 

Yes, please do post your reintroduction updates! Would love to hear (and support) you through this part of the journey. 

That's what I'm most scared of too, CCG and ARIN -- this whole30 has taken every ounce of attention and energy I have to make it through. I can't even imagine a moderate path. (I have to read the articles, hopefully they'll help - thanks for posting CCG). guess that's why I so want this forum to continue... because as hard as this month was, i think the next couple months are going to be just as hard and just as important for keeping on the horse. And this safe/ supportive space has really been a godsend to me. Who else would want to hear me talk about food, poop, and bed times all day. except maybe my mom :P

congratulations deb and to all my friends here who accomplished getting thru the whole 30!  you did it!  and truly, remember, it doesn't matter what the metal monster says.  ok in my stupid mind it does.  but there is so much more to this than that.  it's about health.  and glowing.  and feeling energy.  and feeling good in body, spirit, and mind.  these are the things that matter.  that number will go down.  little by little.  baby steps.  what really matters is how you feel and the wonderful sense of accomplishment that YOU DID IT!!!!  i'm soooo proud of each and every one of you and you guys are my 'thin-spiration'!  keep on rockin' friends!  because you ALL rock my world!  xo,  :)  :wub:

Well, today is the day I was planning to reintroduce dairy to my diet...I've gone through a cappuccino with milk, eggs with mozzarella and a yogurt so far and feel a little crummy...I've been writing down the "differences" I see/feel from my Whole30 vs. today...(TMI ALERT) -- I had a rather urgent instance this morning after my coffee and the need to go to the bathroom...and since then I've had some light abdominal cramping accompanied with a slight bout of nausea...the "ish...I feel sick and I'm sweating" stuff. I have also been burping a lot...I never was burping before...Seems to me my body doesn't like the dairy...lots of signs already....

So, I'm quoting myself now to give another update on my dairy re-introduction...my nausea continued to worsen throughout the day and by lunch time it was so bad, I could eat or think about eating without the urge to vomit....ended up going home from work. Crazy. I guess I won't be eating dairy anymore...

So, I'm quoting myself now to give another update on my dairy re-introduction...my nausea continued to worsen throughout the day and by lunch time it was so bad, I could eat or think about eating without the urge to vomit....ended up going home from work. Crazy. I guess I won't be eating dairy anymore...

Wow!!! That's pretty crazy! Did you keep everything else Whole30 compliant? 

Archived