Starting May 11th

Debzella

Wow!!! That's pretty crazy! Did you keep everything else Whole30 compliant? 

Yup, did not venture off anywhere else...same old, same old...I couldn't even eat any lunch and still haven't been able to stomach anything regardless of what it is.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I'm quoting myself now to give another update on my dairy re-introduction...my nausea continued to worsen throughout the day and by lunch time it was so bad, I could eat or think about eating without the urge to vomit....ended up going home from work. Crazy. I guess I won't be eating dairy anymore...

I am not even going to bother trying to reintro dairy just yet.  I know in my heart its an issue!  It kind of sucks, dairy is in a lot of things, so eventually I feel it will be one of those things I have on occasion, because my tummy can't handle it every day.

I didn't reintroduce anything yet, other than I'm having BACON at dinner that has sugar on the label.  

So proud of all of you. You've done great. I'm also glad that you're continuing with this thread I love all of your updates. I finished up day 17 today and continue to feel really good. Today I was able to get in a 15 mile bike ride. It was a beautiful warm summer day perfect for bike riding except for the major headwind that I somehow seemed to manage riding straight into the entire ride.

Tomorrow I'm on to day 18 woohoo.

So I attempted to have a glass of white wine last night (I don't mind red, but I get like a kool-aid mustache and my teeth get super stained!) and it was soooooo disgustingly sweet I couldn't even drink it! I was actually shocked. I knew my taste buds had changed but it was kind of unbelievable to me!

Feeling a lot better today and I'm back on the Whole30 food plan :) I did step on the scale this morning (I know I shouldn't have) but I was pleasantly surprised, down almost 10 pounds today! So, hubby hid the scale because I'm an addict and I'm back at it for a while...at least going to hit the Whole45 mark.

Excited to hear how everyone else will finish up who aren't yet at the 30 day mark.

Also, I'm bummed because I'm so used to getting daily updates in my email from the Whole30 newsletter and nothing today. Sad face :(

But, HAPPY FACE :) here are my Whole30 results from a "selfie" point of view...I took a picture the Saturday before we stared and then one yesterday...it's crazy to see the difference...

post-68756-0-09516900-1434029778_thumb.j

Also, bought myself the Anchor necklace...it's a sign of "Strength" and refusing NOT TO SINK!

Ahh, Mcki! That is amazing...you look great!! Your skin is glowing and the difference in the shape of your face is pretty significant. Virtual high five!! 

I added back in legumes yesterday. I don't think I had much of a reaction except for the expected bloating and gas...which now that I'm typing it, is not something I want to experience every day. lol I was pretty much a vegetarian before I started W30 so I ate a LOT of beans, tofu and tempeh. Now that I know what my body should feel like every day, I know the bloating and gas I experienced on a daily basis was probably not normal. I will probably eat beans every now and again and will occasionally have a slab of peanut butter but it's not something I plan on adding back in as a staple in my diet. 

Going to wait the couple of days for the bloating to subside and then...I don't know?! The only thing dairy wise I would want to add back in would be being able to enjoy the occasional ice cream so I may get a single serving of that on Saturday but, to be honest, I'm a little scared to wake the sugar dragon. It would be nice to prove to myself that I can have something like that every now and again without it being an issue. Am I overthinking this?? 

May also reintroduce non-gluten containing grains after that and then that's probably it. Not really in a rush to do that, though. 

How's everyone else doing?

Going to wait the couple of days for the bloating to subside and then...I don't know?! The only thing dairy wise I would want to add back in would be being able to enjoy the occasional ice cream so I may get a single serving of that on Saturday but, to be honest, I'm a little scared to wake the sugar dragon. It would be nice to prove to myself that I can have something like that every now and again without it being an issue. Am I overthinking this?? 

May also reintroduce non-gluten containing grains after that and then that's probably it. Not really in a rush to do that, though. 

How's everyone else doing?

I reintro'd legumes yesterday too. It didn't "mess me up", but I didn't feel as good as I have for the past 30 days. I felt very full, bloated, gassy, and just heavy/weighed down. I just didn't feel as clear-headed as I have eating the clean foods. I'm planning to eat W30 compliant before reintro-ing anything else. We'll see how I feel today & tomorrow, but I think I could eat legumes here and there if they pop up, but I don't see myself going out of the way to eat them. 

Day 2 of my second go round. I really wanted a glass of wine last night to celebrate the 31st day, but I also made it my first day of the next one, so poor planning on my part... Lol... or good planning, it depends how I look at it.

I'm enjoying reading everybody's reentry experiences. Mkci! Your pics are phenomenal! You look fantastic. :)

I've decided, since I only lost four pounds, that I need to look at my portions. I realized I was eating more and more fats and proteins, and more potatoes, than vegetables and fruits, towards the end. So I'm going back to the template and calibrating my veggie intake and ratcheting back on my overabundance of fats. Live and learn. Also, I may try exercise this time. :)

Breakfast - 2 poached eggs on a boiled potato, blueberries.

Lunch - BAS with compliant skipjack tuna, Apple (no almond butter!)

Dinner - 2 chicken thighs, yellow beets, salad with tomatoes, apple.

Herbal tea in the evening.... chocolate mint from the garden.

I've discovered that nut butters are a food without brakes for me... So no more of those for awhile. Step away from the almond butter! :)

I've decided, since I only lost four pounds, that I need to look at my portions. I realized I was eating more and more fats and proteins, and more potatoes, than vegetables and fruits, towards the end. So I'm going back to the template and calibrating my veggie intake and ratcheting back on my overabundance of fats. Live and learn. Also, I may try exercise this time. :)

I agree with this for me too.  I need to re-evaluate my protein & fat portions.  Like - I'd eat 2 turkey burgers or salmon patties instead of just 1 which is what I probably should be eating.  Its a fist size portion of protein, isn't it?  Not 2 fists.  LOL

And on my big salads sometimes I'd have a few fats - like half an avocado, a tbsp of sunflower seeds, 5 or 6 olives PLUS the dressing.

I'm taking all of that into consideration.  

And the exercise too.  :)  

I agree with this for me too.  I need to re-evaluate my protein & fat portions.  Like - I'd eat 2 turkey burgers or salmon patties instead of just 1 which is what I probably should be eating.  Its a fist size portion of protein, isn't it?  Not 2 fists.  LOL

And on my big salads sometimes I'd have a few fats - like half an avocado, a tbsp of sunflower seeds, 5 or 6 olives PLUS the dressing.

And the exercise too.   :)

Staci - I actually thought the same thing about the protein early on and a moderator corrected me and said I wasn't eating enough- 1-2 palm size portions minimum. Someone may step in and correct me, but I would say your protein portions are fine.

Staci - I actually thought the same thing about the protein early on and a moderator corrected me and said I wasn't eating enough- 1-2 palm size portions minimum. Someone may step in and correct me, but I would say your protein portions are fine.

Oh!  That IS interesting!  I'm going to check into that, but that does sound familiar!  Maybe its mostly my activity that I have to step up.

I'd been walking ALOT - like competitively all last year - as all of my office got Fitbits and my husband got one.  It was nothing for me to take a 5 or 6+ mile walk.  Getting 12-15k steps a day.

THEN - I fractured my ankle in Puerto Rico over Christmas the day before we were getting on a cruise.  UGH.  Of course I didn't know at the time it was fractured - I thought surely its just a bad (really, really bad, awful) sprain.  I dealt with it the whole week on the cruise ship by eating lots of ibuprophen, icing ALOT and just going about my business!  But it hurt.  

Got it checked out when we got back and yup...fractured.  And now...6 months later its not healed properly and the ortho told me it may/probably will not. Awesome.  

Feeling a lot better today and I'm back on the Whole30 food plan :) I did step on the scale this morning (I know I shouldn't have) but I was pleasantly surprised, down almost 10 pounds today! So, hubby hid the scale because I'm an addict and I'm back at it for a while...at least going to hit the Whole45 mark.

Excited to hear how everyone else will finish up who aren't yet at the 30 day mark.

Also, I'm bummed because I'm so used to getting daily updates in my email from the Whole30 newsletter and nothing today. Sad face :(

But, HAPPY FACE :) here are my Whole30 results from a "selfie" point of view...I took a picture the Saturday before we stared and then one yesterday...it's crazy to see the difference...

attachicon.gifWhole30 Results.jpg

Also, bought myself the Anchor necklace...it's a sign of "Strength" and refusing NOT TO SINK!

WOW that's a major difference! Yay! you must feel awesome. love that hubby hid the scale *swoon* now if only all men followed his lead ;)

I like your non-food gift to yourself too. I'm a get ma hair did and a massage when this is all over. Hugs to you sista!

And the exercise too.   :)

Staci, Debz, I second all of the above! find myself skimping on the veggies for some reason, and loading up on the protein. i guess it's bc i think it'll fill me up without giving me that oh sh*t i'm really freaking full feeling? or maybe it's just cos meat tastes gooooooood :P

Hard to believe it's DAY 30 for me. I'm not ready for reintroductions just yet, since i've only recently come to see what a huge role lifestyle plays in my mood & energy level and I'd like to keep the food a constant for a little longer while I work out the lifestyle stuff (sleep, water, eating every 5 hours, etc). those are the biggest challenges for me so far. 

Virtual Hugs and high-fives to everyone! Your doing amazing with your reintros! Keep it up!

Hard to believe it's DAY 30 for me. I'm not ready for reintroductions just yet, since i've only recently come to see what a huge role lifestyle plays in my mood & energy level and I'd like to keep the food a constant for a little longer while I work out the lifestyle stuff (sleep, water, eating every 5 hours, etc). those are the biggest challenges for me so far. 

Virtual Hugs and high-fives to everyone! Your doing amazing with your reintros! Keep it up!

Congratulations on Day 30!!!! Whoop whoop!

Day 30! That is awesome, St. Sophia!

• Administrators

At that point, I said, "What the hell am I doing?!?!?" Sat down, had a cup of coffee, and thought about all the NSV I've had, how I've given up my over-wining and over-eating, how people have been telling me how good I look, how my face and belly aren't bloated anymore, how I can just go to my closet and put things on without worrying about disguising my menopause belly, how energetic I feel, how calm I feel, and how sane and present I feel.

Does a number weigh more than that? No.

So now you are NOT going to go out and spend your valuable money on a new scale, right?  ;)

Wow what fantastic results from everyone, Arin yours were just amazing. Mcki I had to go to the converter too ... and I feel so much better ... (8lbs vs 3.7kgs!!!) that is my aim for the next 30 to rid myself of the need to boost my self esteem through those numbers they are really just black marks on a page and I can see and feel the difference in other ways.

Post rum and coke ... I had 2 x 30 ml rum in large (highball) glass diet coke - my brain was not as clear yesterday and  TMI alert ....I had diarrhea in the morning

Not sure whether it was the alcohol or the dreaded diet coke but I have decided that the spirits will be for guests and after this W30 good quality wine will be my preference.

so how many are staying on here? I am 

Archived