Starting May 11th

Debzella

Ok. So, I might have spoke too soon about how good I was feeling this mornign! After I got to work and got going, I started to get a headache...and then was soooo sleepy. I had to go in my car and lay down during lunch. Plus, I was having a lot of bowel/stomach discomfort!! And now, I'm not even hungry and I'm stuffing down my food. AND, we have a "sharing" table at work that's in the middle of the office....guess who sits right next to it?? ME. Someone brought in a GIANT bag of peanut M&M's...just sitting there, staring at me. Usually they wouldn't even temp me but because I "can't" have them, they are just sitting there saying..."Come and get me my pretty!" ARGH :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, the meals everyone's making sound so good! 

Debzella--  The Indian spiced eggplant sounded so good!  How do you make it?  Do you mind giving me the recipe?

Lol  there were so many yummy meals, now I can't remember who posted what! 

My meals today were   fried potatoes with cumin spiced ground chicken and two fried eggs.  Coffee with coconut milk.  (I'm not one for much variety, if I find a meal I like then I eat it every day!  I'd like to change that.  It's just what is easiest.) 

Lunch-  some fried potatoes, a big salad with one hardboiled egg, avocado, homemade mayo, BV and EVOO  (I know I should have had more protein)

Dinner-  roasted chicken thighs, roasted sweet potato, and pan seared brussel spouts.

No  date and nuts today. Yay!

I have a question for Ladyshanny..  I have been adding potatoes to a lot of my meals.  Sweet or white...  is it okay to eat with every meal?  Or encouraged to eat with one meal a day? 

I too have felt not hungry all day.  I feel a little bloated.. 

I walked my dog this am for 40 mins.  I still didn't run my last run to prep for 10k.  I'm gonna skip it....  and just run the 10k. 

• Administrators

Debzella--  The Indian spiced eggplant sounded so good!  How do you make it?  Do you mind giving me the recipe?

Lol  there were so many yummy meals, now I can't remember who posted what! 

My meals today were   fried potatoes with cumin spiced ground chicken and two fried eggs.  Coffee with coconut milk.  (I'm not one for much variety, if I find a meal I like then I eat it every day!  I'd like to change that.  It's just what is easiest.) 

Lunch-  some fried potatoes, a big salad with one hardboiled egg, avocado, homemade mayo, BV and EVOO  (I know I should have had more protein)

Dinner-  roasted chicken thighs, roasted sweet potato, and pan seared brussel spouts.

No  date and nuts today. Yay!

I have a question for Ladyshanny..  I have been adding potatoes to a lot of my meals.  Sweet or white...  is it okay to eat with every meal?  Or encouraged to eat with one meal a day? 

We certainly recommend that folks eat at least one serving a day.  How much over and above that sort of depends on your context.  One serving is fist sized and many people report that they feel better and sleep better and have less cravings when they move that starchy to the middle or end of their day rather than having with the first meal.

If you are highly active or have a wicked fast metabolism you can probably get away with eating the potatoes with every meal.  If fat loss is a goal then you might want to scale back. Plus...variety is always good, don't let those potatoes push away the non starchy veggies!  :)

As a side note, you may find that the week before and of your period you need a serving with every meal, that is totally fine!  Personally I eat a billion japanese sweet potatoes the week before and first two days of my period.  After about the second period day I lose my taste for them and stop.  Listen to your body.  ;)

Here is the chocolate chili recipe:http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2009/02/22/my-favorite-chili-recipe/

My day is going well. It's day 3 of a headache, but I think it may finally be subsiding.

Last night for dinner I made shrimp scampi with zoodles. It was a lot of zucchini, and half a pound of shrimp, but it wasn't all that filling. Delicious, though.

For breakfast this morning I had sweet potato hash with crumbled bacon and onions, with two fried eggs on top. It was so delicious, I felt like I was cheating. For lunch I had salad with spinach, grilled chicken, a hard boiled egg, and homemade balsamic vinaigrette.

Dinner tonight will be the roasted chicken I didn't make last night, probably with roasted Brussel sprouts.

I'm already tired of all the kitchen time and the never ending dishes.

Oh, I drank some delicious berry kombucha today. I know it's allowed, but it also really feels like cheating!

Thanks, Sidcianicliff. I made up the recipe for the eggplant. I sautéed onion and garlic in olive oil and then added a medium eggplant chopped into 1/2" cubes. I sautéed that for a few minutes with 1/2 tsp. of Garam Masala. It's an Indian spice blend which is fairly spicy. I also added 1 tsp. of ground turmeric. You could add more or less of each if you wanted to. Then I added a can of compliant fire-roasted tomatoes and a chopped up carrot (to take the place of chick peas) Salt to taste and the juice of one lemon. (I actually slice the lemon and cook it right in with everything else but a lot of people don't like that strong lemon taste.) I simmered it all until the eggplant was done (about 20 minutes) and then topped it with a handful of fresh sliced basil leaves. I served it with pan-browned chicken drumsticks.  :)

Arin - I hear ya on the dishes. I can't believe how many dishes I'm washing. lol! BTW, the chocolate chili was really, really good. I put it on top of a baked sweet potato. Amazing!

I am going to start over... Tomorrow will be Day 1 for me, however I'm going to stay here with everyone and not binge on crap tonight! Hopefully I won't have any hiccups or unknowingly make a mistake. I am glad I posted the photo and I was made aware of my mistake. Thank you! I already had planned to keep going even after the 30 days, so I'm not going to let this slip up bother me anymore. Thank you ladyshanny for letting me know! It is a learning experience! However, I want to stay true to the plan. If I have corn last even and for lunch, what is not to say that I may 'slip up' this weekend too and continue. 

Nickie, I'm glad you're staying with us.  :)

Glad you liked it, Debzella! I like the idea of putting it on a sweet potato. We like to eat chili in corn tortillas,so a sweet potato would be a nice trade. I also really like eating it with tangy slaw to give it a bit of crunch and an easy way to get more veggies.

• Administrators

Thanks, Sidcianicliff. I made up the recipe for the eggplant. I sautéed onion and garlic in olive oil and then added a medium eggplant chopped into 1/2" cubes. I sautéed that for a few minutes with 1/2 tsp. of Garam Masala. It's an Indian spice blend which is fairly spicy. I also added 1 tsp. of ground turmeric. You could add more or less of each if you wanted to. Then I added a can of compliant fire-roasted tomatoes and a chopped up carrot (to take the place of chick peas) Salt to taste and the juice of one lemon. (I actually slice the lemon and cook it right in with everything else but a lot of people don't like that strong lemon taste.) I simmered it all until the eggplant was done (about 20 minutes) and then topped it with a handful of fresh sliced basil leaves. I served it with pan-browned chicken drumsticks.  :)

Arin - I hear ya on the dishes. I can't believe how many dishes I'm washing. lol! BTW, the chocolate chili was really, really good. I put it on top of a baked sweet potato. Amazing!

That sounds amazing, please come over and cook for me!

St. Sophia, I noticed you said you were making mashed potatoes with peas for your Mad Men potluck. Don't include the peas! They aren't compliant.

Whew....Oooo, good, you saw that one.  Arin is correct, no peas or legumes.

Ha ha i feel bit thick now! Never mind. A lovely salad for dinner with eggs and leftover bolognaise. I bought smoked salmon but on reading the label noticed it had sugar in it. Note to self - remember to bring reading glasses when shopping. Its crazy when you start really looking just how much stuff has added sugar. Things you thought were healthy and things you just think why?

Challenge for tomorrow cut down to 2 cups of coffee. My poor work colleagues. ........

I am with you on this one luckily I am retired but my poor long suffering husband ....  ;)

Uh oh...I may have spoken too soon....feeling the pings of a slight headache coming on...we'll see what progresses!

Oh yes and there it is ... a whopper of a headache today!!!!! I slept reasonably well after going to bed late, slept in as I felt the headache's presence (oh, now come on be truthful ..... I regularly sleep in - a result of staying up too late cross stitching or knitting .... and .... caffiene influence perhaps!?!) - hoping to turn that clock around on my W30. bounded out of bed just in time to stave off a massive inside leg cramp ... and wondering whether I should I take a magnesium tablet daily?

We had the chicken cacciatore last night for dinner - was sooooo yummy ...... thought I was so organised and then realised I had no basil  but luckily I had a can of crushed tomatoes with basil and oregano so used that. Served on a bed of cauliflower rice sauteed with diced carrot, kale and celery with a side of broccolini and bok choy. Followed by a mashed banana and 2 x chopped dates (missing my nightly icecream and chocolate fix). Going to use leftover "rice" in my scrambled egg this morning. Planning to have left over roast chicken with avocado, tomato and celery salsa for lunch and chicken cacciatore for dinner again. 

2pm appointment for a Reiki healing session this afternoon - first of a 5 week well-be-ing session given to me as a mothers day present. 

have a great day everyone, stay strong and motivated and thank you all for your support.

Does this means I need to start over?  :( I am beating myself up over that now... 

Chin up Nickiechan whatever you decide to do will be the best decision for you :) and thank goodness you did not find out on day 24!! Now that would be BAD :blink: keep smiling and keep up the good work - I must read your blog .... later today. How does one start a blog anyway?

Everyone has some amazing recipes! I felt like I did really well today! I never felt the need to snack until I was already prepping dinner. I'll just give the rundown of my meals today.

B - 3 fried eggs, sweet potato homefries with onion and yellow pepper

L - tuna patties (I made up a recipe of tuna, egg whites, sweet potato, onion, yellow pepper, and some spices) on a bed of spinach with avocado and W30 mayo, almonds, and cucumber

D - steak with shallot and garlic puree (from the Whole30 book), yellow squash, avocado, and some strawberries

I'm sipping on some rooibos tea now and just chilling listening to my man play guitar. I'd call that a pretty good day!

I didn't have to snack today! Yay! I'm so thrilled - I always want/need to have something late afternoon. But not today!!  :)

Things are starting to change, I wake up hungry now - I'm never hungry in the morning! 

Headache is gone (for now?)

B- scrambled eggs, 1/2 avocado, apple

L-grilled chicken breast and mixed greens w/EVOO & BV

D-Pork tenderloin, broccoli slaw w/EVOO & BV, red grapes

Walked 20 min.

This weekend I'll attempt to make the mayo and ranch dressing. Although I love EVOO & BV, I realize variety is key to sticking with this.

I'll have to look for breakfast ideas too, enough scrambled eggs already :rolleyes: . Tomorrow I'll have celery with almond butter and a banana Mmmm!

I'm not a fan of sweet potato, any suggestions?

NickieChan - Glad you're staying with us too. 

So, I looked at the bacon we have, and there IS SUGAR in the ingredients? WHAT? I'd have never thought that. 

Read Read Read!!!

We can do this!

On to day 4!

Late but compliant lunch - I walked to the station and caught the train - not sure how long the walk was but my pedometer clocked it in at 5.1kms/7222 steps.

Jeanie793 did you manage to walk today?

Debzella did you get the pressure cooker?

Nickiechan so pleased you are staying I love your foodie pics.

coffee - down to three plus one decaf - 2 black and coconut cream in the others

strength to strength

Day 4... I mean Day 1!! Yeah! Doing really well today. This morning I felt a little bit hungry so I had an extra egg muffin. I am worried about portion control with trying to lose weight and hunger. I typically binge if I get too hungry and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks on how to deal with hunger and portion control? I want to see if this will help with my chronic migraines but also try to lose a bit of weight. 

Last evenings Dinner (even after CornGate 2015 ( :lol: )) 

20150513_173110.jpg

"CornGate 2015"  :D  :lol:  :D  :lol: You are hilarious Nickiechan! 

Nickiechan - What fills me up is eating "good" fat - eat some with all your meals and it should do the trick. Drink lots of water all day long. Except for breakfast, I'm not really hungry (so far!).

Day 4 - This morning I looked at my husband and he practically ran the other way because "My Stare" was filled with daggers  :ph34r:  hahaha! Day 4 - gotta love it - Kill all things - hopefully doesn't mean your husband  :o

Have a great day everyone!

I didn't coin CornGate 2015... ladyshanny did! LOL  :lol:

I'm feeling pretty sluggish today and have a headache. I am feeling a bit shaky too. I'm sure it is completely normal, but I am feeling semi hungry. I suspect I am not eating enough green veggies in the morning. I need to figure out a way to incorporate more veggies in my morning routine. It is crazy in the morning and before this I hardly ate, and if I did it would be just a banana. I ate 3 egg muffins this morning with a handful of deer sausage, peppers and onions. I was thinking of bring in a big salad into work after I get here (20 min drive) to eat. I also upset that I ran out of fruit, so I'm stopping at the store today. 

Well, yesterday started out well and then progressively got a little worse... was having a headache and lots of tummy discomfort. When I got home, the gates opened and it was like my whole body was detoxing. Today feels better but yet again, someone brought in HOMEMADE DONUTS to the "sharing" table at work!!! SABOTEURS!!

Based on the Whole30 timeline, I'm not ready to KILL ALL THINGS yet...but, it was hard to get out of bed!! I do still feel a little headachy today...and was a little angry at my fellow commuters today in the car on my way to work, but I tried to scale it back and sing my heart out to relieve some stress :) Good luck to everyone today!!

NickieChan, so glad you're here with us and made a great decision!

Nickie - Corngate! That's a riot! I love your sense of humor.  :)

I am also struggling with the portions because I am a lifelong dieter, and it doesn't seem possible that eating this much will result in weight loss, but I think we have to trust the process and eat full meals and not snack in-between. I'm trying to focus on feeling good, and trusting that my body will do the rest.

Bricky - I'm still in research mode on the pressure cooker. My store didn't have anything that looked well made enough. I'm thinking of ordering one online, or going to our local restaurant supply store. What brand do you have?

Last night, I woke up from a dream, remembering that in my dream, I said, "I'm NOT going to dream about food!" lol.

Then, this morning, I woke up instantly in "Kill all the things!" I was disgruntled even before I got out of bed… and disgruntled is really the only word that fits. I was resentful towards my eggs this morning, and mad at the world in general. I'm still mad at my grocery store because I know they're marking their eggs organic when they're obviously not. I know this because I am growing a hormonal beard to rival Duck Dynasty. Yes, I'm stomping around my kitchen, like a huge, spoiled baby. In fact, I'm wishing that I could go back in time and smack myself in the head for yesterdays's posting that I couldn't wait for the Kill all the Things stage. lol…. sort of. 

Anyone else experiencing this lovely, lovely stage? I am chanting, "This too shall pass… this too shall pass…" but I'm doing it in a very snotty voice. And that's ticking me off too. 

Jeanie - just read your post. lol…. husbands and loved ones beware.  :)

that sounds delicious! Im going to steal your recipe too Debzella. I must admit I'm missing lentils and chickpeas. I didn't reintro these after my first wholesale30 in feb. but going to turkey on holiday next month and they do fab hummus so going to reintro after this one and hope my tummy doesn't complain.

Feel really tired today but so far so good on headache front. Hope everyone having good day

jane

Archived