Starting May 11th

Debzella

Busy day pulling out weeds after a trip to the hairdresser. As far as a trip to the loo is concerned..... try Debzellas curry! Worked for me that's for sure :)

Hopefully it worked in a good way??  :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha! Yes sure did! Was very tasty too! My lovely husband (well somtimes) is being mean and sitting next to me drinking a nice bottle of red !!! :( i said oh that smells lovely . His reply tuff you're on whole30! So says me they don't say i cant sniff it ! Drinking my fizzy water :)

Haha! Yes sure did! Was very tasty too! My lovely husband (well somtimes) is being mean and sitting next to me drinking a nice bottle of red !!! :( i said oh that smells lovely . His reply tuff you're on whole30! So says me they don't say i cant sniff it ! Drinking my fizzy water :)

Good for you for drinking fizzy water, instead! Red wine is one of the things I miss the most. I've been drinking herbal teas, which are also nice.

Breakfast was the omelet with tomatoes, onions and kalamata olives.

Lunch - the rest of the chocolate chili, on kale and chard, topped with leftover avocado salad from yesterday.

Dinner - leftover chicken breast from yesterday, roasted rainbow carrots, and lime and cilantro cauliflower rice, from the AllRecipes site. I left out the butter and used a lemon because I didn't have a lime, but it was still really, really good. 

Hope everyone's day was great!

Good day so far...

B-2scrambled eggs, onions, broccoli, 1/2 avocado, red grapes, coffee

L-leftover stuffed pepper recipe from book, 1/2 avocado, raspberries & blackberries

D- wish me luck! Going out to celebrate son's appointment to the police department. I will do my best to order the right foods.

Happy Saturday!

Another successful day! I'm also missing my wine and beer. I get a monthly wine subscription and it just came so it's just sitting there staring at me. And my boyfriend just bought a sample pack of summer shandies (my all time favorites). I'm doing ok though. I poured myself a wine glass full of sparkling water with lemon and strawberries. It's beautiful weather so we're just sitting outside enjoying our AMAZING dinner of mocha rubbed steak, prosciutto wrapped asparagus, and Caesar salad with homemade paleo/W30 Caesar dressing. Definitely don't feel like I can complain about missing my beer and wine when I'm eating such amazing foods!

I am so excited that folks loved the BoC!  I eat it for at least one meal per day.  I have also fallen in love with burning vegetables.  The taste of asparagus that has been burnt on a cast iron skillet just about brings me to me knees. 

I made some observations yesterday to see if I could pin down the headache business and I think that juice kicks my butt.  I am currently only having one small glass (Apple and Eve all juice no sugar added) with a few tablespoons of InnerEco fresh coconut water probiotic.  Once I separated the drink from the meal, it was pretty clear that the juice was just too big of a hit of sugar too fast.  I drank it slowly today over the course of an hour or so and with water interspersed.  The headache was still there, but was SO much weaker and went away really quickly.  Slower and more water tomorrow, I guess and we'll see what happens.

Also, find of the week, Badia brand coconut water, sold in the international isle of my standard grocery store, is the tastiest coconut water I've tried.  Using it to soak chia seeds to make protein pudding has been amazing.  1 to 3 ratio of chia seeds to coconut milk, stir, let sit for 15 minutes in the fridge, then add tasty stuff like dates, pure cacao, cinnamon, etcetera.  It is one of the very few non-egg protein sources I have been able to muster as a vegetarian.

Way to go team!!! We are doing it.

As far as a trip to the loo is concerned..... try Debzellas curry! Worked for me that's for sure :)

Oh hah, I definitely need to try to make the curry, then!

My day was bit tricky. For breakfast I had two eggs on sweet potato hash and a chicken apple sausage. I knew I wouldn't be eating for a good 5-6 hours. For "lunch" at 4:30 I had some egg salad with lettuce.

For dinner my husband is grilling tri-state, roasting broccoli and making some named sweet potato fries.

I'm drinking about half a kombucha every day and I can't believe how good they are.

I definitely hit the KATT mode this morning. It was not good, not at all. My poor family. Much better now, though.

You guys are doing great! I'm struggling this weekend. It's my daughter's 21st birthday celebration weekend and I'm dying to toast her with a glass of champagne! Also have a painful ear infection, feel bloated and fat and crabby. Maybe I'm hitting the kill all things late. I really want to succeed this time so I'm trying to white knuckle it.

Also, find of the week, Badia brand coconut water, sold in the international isle of my standard grocery store, is the tastiest coconut water I've tried. Using it to soak chia seeds to make protein pudding has been amazing. 1 to 3 ratio of chia seeds to coconut milk, stir, let sit for 15 minutes in the fridge, then add tasty stuff like dates, pure cacao, cinnamon.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this mixture is a no go on a Whole30. Per the Can I Have guide, it's not ok to add cocoa to dates and fruits to make chocolatey confections.

http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/

Plus, this type of 'pudding' is in the SWYPO category, another no no.

Side note: chia seeds are (omega-3) fat on a Whole30, not a protein.

Successfully had dinner out tonight. Whew!

Rotisserie chicken with lemon and herbs, 1/2 baked potato only with a little hot sauce, water with lemon.

The meal was served with cole slaw and bread and butter. No thank you!

I'm finding all cravings are gone. The bad food in my house isn't tempting me at all. This weekend is a success!

well I had a busy weekend and am so tired will be brief 

Saturday - Managed the birthday party and follow birthday BBQ at our house well. My daughter inlaw was here and we whole30'd together - when she arrived she said "how are you?" I said "I feel terrible" and she said she could see it in my eyes - that was Saturday. I said to my husband - "who knew eating so well could make a person feel so bad :wacko:

today I felt better and energy levels picking up but I did sleep until 10am (woke a couple of times and just rolled over!)

no time to post meals did not make anything extra special to share but all compliant. drinking mineral water with lime wedges in my "60 birthday" wine glass.

7 days ( week) woooooo hoooooo!!! :)  :rolleyes:  :lol:  :)

debzella my pressure cooker is 5L

goodbye, goodnight and congratualtions everyone :D

Good morning ladies!

Day 7 in the books!  I felt sluggish most of the day, but it was also rainy here.  I made a special dinner - Ribeyes, mushrooms, roasted sweet potatoes and butternut squash, and cauliflower rice. It was delicious!  Picked up my food co-op fruit and vegetable basket, so I have lots of stuff to work with.  Day 8 will be lots of cooking, but I suppose I have to get to the grocery store first!

Everyone have a great day!

Hi CC... and welcome! Day 7 here. It's been a week and I'm still doing it. Amazing.

Went to make Duckmama's BoC this morning and realized I don't own a pan that goes from stovetop to oven. Another thing for my shopping trip Monday. Lol.

So.... breakfast was an Italian inspired omelet with three eggs, tomato, onion, olives, chopped fresh basil, and topped with compliant tomato paste which kind of reminded me of ketchup.

Then realized I had nothing planned for lunch. Panicked briefly and remembered that I have a bag of wild caught mahi mahi fillets in the freezer. Whew! So that will be lunch with spinach, kale, chard mix and the rest of my avocado salad.

For dinner, I'm roasting a chicken with sweet potatoes and carrots. Woot! Can't wait!

Have a great day, everyone!

Hi - I think I'm restarting tomorrow!  The first week went well and then I made those ingrained choices regarding sugar at night.  I'm slowly becoming more aware and very interested in making changes.  Tonight I'll hit the re-set button and begin with this group.  Let's support one another!

Hi! So yesterday day 6 I was trucking along, sure I was tired but who isn't with a four month old and less than 6 hours of sleep will do that! But no joke about 830pm I was so tired it was crazy! Could barely stay awake and felt bad as hubby had worked all week and this was his first night off, tried to stay awake and watch a movie later while laying on the couch but likely dosed a few times then at 11ish the baby woke up crying and I nursed her and fell asleep woke up at 255 like where am I;). Also I made the perfect hamburgers last night and I must say pretty darn good, I coulsnt grill with 30 mph winds. Oh and even got the hubby to eat my diced sweet potatoes, peppers and olive oil mixture, score!

Feel a lot better today after my coffee and a. Good night sleep! Anyways off to church but the rest of day is cleaning, cooking and shopping! I love Sunday's!

Welcome CCGraves and mauspiel.

Ok yesterday went well but going to friends for dinner tonight. I really politely mentioned i was doing whole30 and could i just have meat and veg. So hard when sombody is kindly enviting you and you don't want to seam ungrateful or a pain!

Went to the big tesco (supermarket ) on the outskirts of town so spent rest of this weeks shopping budget on Ghee, compliant fish sauce 2 cans coconut milk and 2 things im excited about - Franks hot sauce (heard you guys talking about this) and Holy Cow Goan Prawn curry sauce. Ive read and reread the ingredients and can't see anything apart from rape seed oil that may not be compliant.

Ladyshanny - maybe you could advise me on the rapeseed oil as if not compliant ill leave this in the store cupboard till after day 30.

so im away to do chopping and cooking b4 we go out for dinner so im ready for next few days.

monday tomorrow :(

Day 7! I can't believe it's the end of week one...go us! I had some trouble last night at dinner...had to go out to eat with the family and the restaurant was not accomodating, they tried but it was a pub/bar and just didn't have options. Not even salad. So, I had my sparkling water with a lemon and a couple olives and called it good. Didn't even want to risk trying something to find out it wasn't compliant. Afterwards, we got home and I cooked my food and ate by myself. But I felt good about my decisions even though it was very tough! Today, I'm traveling back home and need to get my food prepped for the car ride. Can't wait to go to bed tonight knowing we made it through week 1! Hope everyone is doing well!

Welcome CCG and mauspiel! 

DAY 4

M1: Breakfast of Champions: Sautéed onion, spinach, crushed tomatoes, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, ground beef. 3 eggs plopped on top and baked.

M2: Salad (red leaf lettuce, cuke, steamed snap peas, tomato) and poached chicken in balsamic vinaigrette.
Snack: pear, almonds
M3: fish baked in EVO, sautéed string beans EVO, salad w tomato and avocado in balsamic vinaigrette. 

Yesterday, DAY 4, was a WOW I'M SO TIRED one. Could hardly get my ass out of the house, much less off the couch. Was super stoked to find my friends hung over and barely able make it through late afternoon lawn games either! haha, diff reasons, but we were all on the same page.

We all went back to one house to watch a movie together. We were going to order food in, which we would have done, but I looked up on my phone and couldn't be sure any of the places close by, Indian, Mexican, or Thai would be compliant (and I really didn't want to make  a stink... i hate being "that person") so instead we went to the grocery store and cooked dinner. It was so lovely! Delicious baked fish in EVO and lemon, sautéed string beans and an avocado salad with homemade balsamic. Felt really good to have friend's support. 

Also, I realized that since I had a couple Whole30 re-starts (one at 5 days & one at two) just prior to starting this one, I'm not quite sure where I am on the timeline. I guess I'll have to pay attention to my body and see :)

Today is a beach day and mad men pot luck! Am going to make good lunch to take to the beach, and decided on chopped liver for the mad men potluck -- I even bought "schmaltz" which is chicken fat to use in the chopped liver recipe. whoda thunk?!  For those of you who, like me, are anemic, this is a really awesome source of iron.  Will let you know how it goes...

DAY 5 HEAR ME ROAR! GO US!

Okay - holy amaze balls!! Has anyone else made the "kitchen sink scrambled eggs" out of the new Whole30 book?! It was outta this world. I think what made it more incredible was I added in fresh parsley & cilantro near the end. I also used some chimichuri (sp?) sauce with it. If you prepped all veggies night before, this would also be an easy weekday breakfast.

Lastly, I was able to find compliant bacon at Whole Foods; I followed cooking instructions in whole30 book & it was so good as well!!

happy day 7!

Day 7 for me - not hungry at all.  I had some bad news about my dog yesterday and its really killed my appetite.  I couldn't stomach any food this morning but managed to eat lunch - olives, chicken, broccoli.  

The family wants hamburgers for dinner tonight so I've got to get out of the house and into the cold and rain and get groceries.  I don't want to go!  But I'm also out of veg and we need fruit as well.  

Day 7 for me - not hungry at all.  I had some bad news about my dog yesterday and its really killed my appetite.  I couldn't stomach any food this morning but managed to eat lunch - olives, chicken, broccoli.  

The family wants hamburgers for dinner tonight so I've got to get out of the house and into the cold and rain and get groceries.  I don't want to go!  But I'm also out of veg and we need fruit as well.  

So sorry to hear about your dog. Pets are family. My thoughts are with you. 

Archived