Starting May 11th

Debzella

Day 4 and hungry today!  I didn't have enough fat with my lunch, no olives in the salad bar.  Other than that, I'm doing really well!  Tired today though, but that could be work related...not sure.  Oh, I finally made myself a bulletproof coffee today - after work, trying to get a bit of a pick me up - with coconut oil, coconut milk and ghee....so good!  I've missed those.  

Did I read that right - coffee with coconut oil, coconut milk and ghee??? What is that like? (or were you joking?)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 5 is coming to a close and I'm not feeling as great about it as the other days.  I got up early and hit the 5:45 a.m. yoga class at my gym.  Had sausage and sweet potatoes with an egg for breakfast.  I was out of town working all day and made the decision to go to a restaurant and have a salad.  Even though I was pressured by my colleagues to eat the buffet, I picked the beef fajita salad - no shell, no sour cream, no cheese.  They brought it with cheese that I pushed to the side.  Also it had all these grilled onions and peppers on it that were cooked in some sort of oil.  I didn't ask what kind.  I'm calling it compliant with my head in the sand.  I really felt like I needed something before spin tonight and ate a lara bar and a banana.  I know that is not ideal, but spin is so intense.  Came home and ate some chicken and roasted veggies for dinner.

Work is very stressful this week and I'm finding myself tearful more than usual.  Not sure if it is w30 related.  I want to drink and eat everything.  I try to remind myself - if hunger is not the problem, food is not the solution!

well done on resisting all that temptation shame about the pressuring from your colleagues though

I used ghee this evening in our dinner and made a sweet potato hash with steak....hubby didn't even notice the difference!!!

Also, we're heading to the lake this weekend and I already told everyone who is going what I'm doing and I would appreciate their support! I have all my food planned out that I'm bringing and have tried some of those Whole30 drinks so I can have that when everyone is drinking! Cheers!

What drinks have you tried and which did you find best - I need something for that champagne breakfast do on 24th :)

Hello everyone 

day 5 coming to an end for me - I was beginning to think I must be doing something wrong as except for a few headaches (I expected them much worse as have gone cold turkey off coffee before and was sick for days!) I have not really felt too bad and have not wanted to kill anything. I wondered if I was cheating somehow - but no been good to the letter - then I thought perhaps I felt sooooo bad before that I just am not noticing ... but wait then this evening arrived ... I am quite tired, a little achey and well ... irritated - easily!! So I guess I am on the right track after all.

On a high note I made the breakfast muffins and Chocolate chili which I found from the links on one of Nickiechan's previous posts and I noticed many of you - Debzella and Arin and others raved about it. I have NEVER had chocolate chili ... I have never even thought about chocolate chili .... wow .... I did not know what I was missing - delightful a definite high point in an otherwise mediocre.

Congratulations everyone challenges of one kind or another overcome by all and a great supportive community.

Day 2 for me everyone! Doing really well and haven't had any headaches or sluggish movement. I've dreaming and feeling guilty about certain foods. LOL! I bought a whole turkey yesterday and even organic whole milk for my children (they are still on dairy). My cart was all great items and I felt proud leaving the store!

Tonight we are going to Wegmans to get the last bit of 'hard to find' items. We are planning on going to Chickfila to allow the kids burn off some steam on the playground... I have planned to get grilled chicken nuggets and fruit cup. I am wondering if I can get a side salad? I'm going to check online today. I really would like to eat with my family, but if I can't I can always eat before hand. 

I also have a confession to make... Friday's have always been weigh in for weight watchers and my other fitness group that I'm in. I am no longer doing weight watchers, but it has become habit. With being Day 2 and after CornGate 2015 I am able to weigh in right? Well I am shocked and had to weigh in again because I didn't believe. I've been feeling lighter, but I assumed only maybe a pound or 2... well 4.8lbs since Monday(My first Whole 30 weigh in).... I'm shocked and it helps motivate me, but I'm not going to weigh in anymore as I don't want that to determine my self worth/body acceptance or hinder this challenge. 

Hello! So I will admit to being starving most of yesterday! I made sure everything I ate was compliant but I will say that I did some snacking to get threw it. Portion control has been hard for me and I am still nursing so my appetite is out of control, as long as I start making better choices. I was also so tired! My hubby actually said to me, you need to calm down last time you got all crazy! I was laughing as he said it on the kill all things day!

Nikkichan- I was there on my last whole30 I started making these amazing cashew banana muffins and forgetting even though all compliant they were not allowed! It was day 22 and I gave up feeling defeated! Keep it up really! I need to break my binging too!

Hi there Happy Carter

Sounds like you've got a busy life

I want to ask you if you'd cook in large batches

With your demand I'm thinking you need to grab some readymade leftovers for M1 in order to curb your appetite and keep to the Timeline 4/5 hours

Of course it helped me I now don't have to snack

What drinks have you tried and which did you find best - I need something for that champagne breakfast do on 24th :)

Bricky, not sure if you have the Whole30 book but I tried some of the recipes in there -- the ones specifically where the Rosemary Berry Splash (minus the Rosemary...didn't have any of that on hand) and then I made one of my own! A blueberry version :) For the Berry Splash, it's raspberries or blueberries (or any berry you want) - 1/4 cup, fresh or frozen, 1/2 lemon juiced, and 12 ounces of sparkling water...muddle up the berries, add the lemon juice, add the water and mix it all together (you can strain it if you want) and put it in a pretty glass....ta-da, FUN DRINK! Really satisfies my cravings to be drinking when others around me are and I can't :) I put ice in there, too!

IT' FRIDAY

thank goodness!

Initowinit - yes agree obsesive in a good way. Well my husband may disagree as I see his eyes glazing over when i start talking food yet again!

i asked him to hide the scales as i have an unhealthy relationship with them and he's forgotten. They are calling me but ill make sure he puts them away tonight. Hard habit to break but i know i should be concentrating on being/getting healthy and feeling happy in my own skin rather than obsessing about a number on a silly bit of plastic and glass!

Non scale victory though - last 2 days only 2 cups of coffee!

Loving everyone's honest updates! Feeling good today! Was feeling a bit sluggish by yesterday afternoon but I think I need to be getting a couple more hours of sleep a night...got to bed around 11 pm and wake up around 4:45 :blink: I had posted on another topic that I was having trouble with the eating schedule (4-5 hours in-between meals) since my days are so long. I also do HIIT at the gym 3 days a week and weight lifting 2 days a week. I was feeling pretty hungry in between my Post Workout meal and lunch. I also don't eat dinner until I get home around 8 pm. An advance member suggested I make my meals larger, which I tried this morning and seems like it will do the trick so I can last at least 5 hours in-between meals. Really going to try to stick to the 3 meals a day without snacking and then pre and post workout meals on training days. 

Sunshine33 - Way to go on the scale victory and on the coffee victory!! I have never had a scale in my home and our gym does not allow scales. In the group fitness classes I take, my favorite instructor always reminds us how destructive and counterproductive scales are so it helps to be hearing that all around me -- from the Whole30 community and from my gym community!! 

Happy Friday everyone! 

Hello!

So I didn't have the time last week to make a lot ahead of time but was able to make a compliant egg casserole that worked for a few days and some sweet potato hash with peppers;). I always cook meat in bulk so my husband can use for lunches. I am hoping that this weekend with my hubby home I can make more to have on hand /since I agree that helps a ton to just go grab a serving;). I have always had a huge appetite so eating more of the good foods will help but man with nursing I could eat a horse. I need to reread that chapter maybe my portions are too small since I am used to a lot of smaller meals;). Thanks for the info!

Hi there Happy Carter

Sounds like you've got a busy life

I want to ask you if you'd cook in large batches

With your demand I'm thinking you need to grab some readymade leftovers for M1 in order to curb your appetite and keep to the Timeline 4/5 hours

Of course it helped me I now don't have to snack

• Administrators

Hello!

So I didn't have the time last week to make a lot ahead of time but was able to make a compliant egg casserole that worked for a few days and some sweet potato hash with peppers;). I always cook meat in bulk so my husband can use for lunches. I am hoping that this weekend with my hubby home I can make more to have on hand /since I agree that helps a ton to just go grab a serving;). I have always had a huge appetite so eating more of the good foods will help but man with nursing I could eat a horse. I need to reread that chapter maybe my portions are too small since I am used to a lot of smaller meals;). Thanks for the info!

Hey Happy, if you are nursing you need at least 4 full template meals. Since you have the book, please go back and read the chapter on pregnant/nursing. You should NOT be starving, ever, especially when nursing. We don't want you grazing all day but if you need something in between meals, eat. Make it protein, fat and veggies. Sip coconut milk through the day or eat zillions of olives.

So I am for some reason wanting to weigh myself, which isn't a big deal to me usually. Just probably this baby weight that I want to lose. The good thing is I feel better so much less bloated and feel a like my stomach is going down. I think the fact of not weighing myself is good as it would likely depress me! Pressing on and so glad it is Friday!

Thank you ladyshanny!

I will reread it as that was the reason I bought the book! Yes I agree I can't be starving as I know that will dip my supply! Funny thing is yesterday I did get into a bunch of olives;)! I will see if four meals today will help me, pregnancy is nothing like my nursing hunger! Just glad my supply hasn't dipped yet, 3 liters of water helps;)!

Hey Happy, if you are nursing you need at least 4 full template meals. Since you have the book, please go back and read the chapter on pregnant/nursing. You should NOT be starving, ever, especially when nursing. We don't want you grazing all day but if you need something in between meals, eat. Make it protein, fat and veggies. Sip coconut milk through the day or eat zillions of olives.

Debzella - My pressure cooker is a Hawkins brand - my mum has had one for at least 40 years and had to give it to me recently because she got an induction stove and it was made from *aluminium (*I am an aussie so that would be "al - you - mini - um" lol  :)). I thought the old pressure cooker was maybe not as good as it used to be so when I saw Hawkins new stainless steel ones on sale for $59.95 AUD instead of $125 AUD I grabbed one for me and one for mum. The old one maybe only needed a replacement seal but I was so excited and impulsive - is that a side effect?!!? and have decided to give the old one to my daughter or keep it to make two meals at once!!

Thank you, Bricky. I'll see if I can find it locally. If not, they have a nice website, with all their models on it. I was thinking the 4 litre size would be good. What size do you have?

Question about nursing. I'm semi nursing my daughter (who is 15 months in a couple days). I have plans for her to self wean and we only nurse for a small bit at night. Do I still need to eat another compliant meal? I don't feel hungry at all during the day or feel deprived. Earlier in the week (monday) around 3pm I started getting hungry and I ate my last Tuna cake. This helped with my 'cook and binge' attitude that I use to do after work. I started making my lunch portions larger. However, after reading about nursing I'm wondering if I should up it even more. I had issues with losing weight while I was fulling nursing her and it was a delicate balance I never really got a handle on. I'm not tracking my supply but she seems to be satisfied. 

Day 5! Happy to say that "Kill all the Things" is tapering off. Now it's "Kill some of the things, once in a while". lol. Breakfast was three poached eggs, sautéed kale and chard, mushrooms, and onions. Lunch will be out with my son, but I researched restaurants, and found one that can accommodate, so I'm actually looking forward to it. Dinner will be organic chicken breasts, roasted rainbow carrots, and an avocado/tomato salad. Lots of water, and hopefully a trip to the Y before work this evening. Also grocery shopping this afternoon. It's amazing how fast the shopping is now. So many aisles that I don't need to go into anymore. So many products I'm not buying.  :)

How is everyone doing?

Day 5 for me too and woke up and my pants are tighter!! I remember reading somewhere that this happens but can't find now when it's supposed to happen. It's  not a good way though to keep the resolve going in to a weekend. :( 

Wow, I missed the forum for a day and there are three pages of posts!!!  That's awesome!

Ladyshanny-  Thank you!  Yes that makes perfect sense.  I find I do really well with potatoes (sweet or white).

Debzella-  Thank you for that recipe.  I can't wait to try it!!  It sounds delish!

So so far so good.  I'm tired today.  I'm on a second cup of coffee...   I leave tonight to fly to Ohio so I got up early to try to get some things done before needing to leave for work.  I'm just working a short day so will be able to get home and pack and make myself my meals for the day.  (plus get kids clothes set out for the next few days and start a meal for them..  I know they will probably eat pizza twice this weekend since my DH is watching them. lol   If I can help them have a few good healthy meals then I'll feel better about leaving)  I'm visiting my sister.  The last time I saw her I was doing a whole30.  Poor thing, I told her I was doing another whole30, she was like WHAT?  not again!! lol    I hope I can stay strong this weekend.   I'll be fine.. my sis is vegetarian so I'll be stopping at the store to get my needed items to cook at her house.

This morning I had apple chicken sausage, 1/2 a baked potato and 3 fried eggs cooked

Lunch will be spaghetti (made last night) meat sauce (homemade, sweetened with dates)  over zuchinni

Dinner  large salad, with some kind of protein (probably chicken strips coated in almond flour fried)  BV and EVOO  (I agree with previous post about adding variety with the dressing.  I will need to try a new dressing sometime)

Reading thru posts I realize I had my "kill all things phase"  on Wednesday night.  I was so irritated with the kids!! 

Yesterday went well tho. Although I was still irritated with the kids! lol    I absoulutely hate electronics.  My boys turn into monsters when they play!  but that's an entirely different conversation. lol 

I won't be posting thru the weekend.  Wow there will be a lot to catch up on when I get back to the computer.  Enjoy your weekend!!! 

May you all stay strong! :)  (weekends are the hardest for me too!)

I'm tired over here on Day 5! But, I did manage to get out of bed this morning and walk the dog (almost to 4000 steps already!) - How's everyone else doing? Breakfast was steak and eggs, lunch will be hamburger and sweet potatoes. Still a little nervous for the weekend....but, I'm going to make the majority of my food and bring it all up in a cooler so I know what I can eat and when! There is also a deviled egg recipe in the Whole30 book that I want to try - looks like a good, compliant hors d'oeuvres for the lake or parties!! When everyone else is indulging, I have my planned "approved" snacks at the ready and my list of "What else can I do to distract myself and resist temptations and cravings?" i.e. walking the dog, reading my book, taking a cat nap, removing myself from the situation basically!

Has anyone else found any helpful tips or tricks to help get you through temptations?? We got this!! We're almost done with a week :)

• Administrators

Day 5 for me too and woke up and my pants are tighter!! I remember reading somewhere that this happens but can't find now when it's supposed to happen. It's  not a good way though to keep the resolve going in to a weekend. :(

Check out the timeline linked in my signature below.  And remember, just because you are a bit ahead of the timeline doesn't invalidate what you are experiencing.  The timeline is just a general idea.

Archived