5/11 Start Date - The First Day of the Rest of my Life Log

mcki0133

Today is my first day --- the first day of the rest of my life! So far, here's how things look:

D1 M1 - 3 scrambled eggs, 1/2 avocado, 1 cup spinach, 1/3 cup homemade pico de galo, black coffee

D1 M2 - 1 1/2 "palms" of grilled chicken, sweet potato and brussel sprouts, 1 heaping handful of olives

D1 M3 - 1 1/2 "palms" of grilled steak, broccoli-cauliflower-carrots frozen veggies, 1/2 avocado with pico de galo

After planning this out and seeing my meal templates, I'm realizing I am not a big fruit eater...didn't even buy any at the grocery store last night! Will grab some blueberries at the store over lunch!

Also, I forgot how good "real" food tasted...after eating my breakfast this morning, I savored all the flavors and realized I was just lazy before and didn't take the time to prep and make good food. Also, I was nervous about having my coffee black...although it was a little bitter, I shot that down, no prob! I can do this.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!

**Made the berry smash drink recipe on pg 391 of the Whole30 book minus the rosemary...didn't have that on hand. Super good! Took care of my craving for soda and added some fruit to the plan :)

After all of my meals today, I'm stuffed and feel accomplished. I feel like I stuck with it today and can do it again tomorrow. One day at a time...so far, I haven't had any headaches, sluggishness, restlessness, urges to snack/binge on junk food...I just keep telling myself, if I slip....I have to start over!! 

post-68756-0-53125700-1431355842_thumb.j

post-68756-0-71635500-1431377671_thumb.j

Day one is in the books and felt pretty good...empowering! Upon waking this morning, I felt a little more groggy...not wanting to get out of bed, but no headaches or anything. Just seem a little more sluggish. Day two is planned as follows:

D2 M1 - 3 scrambled eggs, 1/2 avocado, 1 cup spinach, 1/3 cup homemade pico de galo, handful of blueberries, black coffee

D2 M2 - 1 1/2 "palms" of grilled chicken, sweet potato and brussel sprouts, 1 heaping handful of olives (On Sunday night I made a ton of chicken, sweets and veggies...so this is the leftovers from that!)

D2 M3 - 1 1/2 "palms" of grilled chicken, lots of cooked carrots, 1/2 avocado with pico de galo

Very similar meal plan to yesterday but it seemed easy and I love chicken. So, it'll do! I did make the original Whole30 mayo last night and was pleasantly surprised at how similar it was to the normal stuff and how to satisfied my "mayoless" hole in my heart. Might incorporate that into some of my chicken dish this evening.

For exercise, I haven't been doing a ton... just walk the dog every morning before work, 1-2 miles per day.

Also, this evening I had a planned girls night...I was a little nervous only being in Day 2 of Whole30 BUT, I made it through! Brought my dinner and water, ate with everyone, drank my drink even though they were having wine, cheese & crackers and pizza :) I mean, I really wanted to eat junk...BUT, I keep telling myself that I'd have to start over and I was fulfilled already. Making positive changes for a healthier future! On to day 3!

Alright, so Day 2 is done and we're on to Day 3. I'm actually very surprised that I am sticking to the plan and not slipping. My whole life has been full of slips and cheats and for some reason, I found the inner commitment to get this done and I feel good! No nasty's that have been described on "how you will feel days 2 & 3." Just hope they don't come later!!! But, if they do, I'll be ready for them. I even managed to make it through a "Girls Nite" last night with my lovely ladies....WOW. Big deal...and I didn't feel like I was missing out!

Here's the plan for today:

D3 M1 - 4 scrambled eggs, 1/2 avocado, a couple handfuls of chopped fresh broccoli, 1/4 onion and a TBSP Pico de Galo (I ran out of spinach and almost out of the pico hence the TBSP :) Also, I woke up this morning feeling a little hungrier than normal, so I threw in another egg)

D3 M2 - 1 1/2 "palms" of grilled chicken, cooked broccoli/carrots/cauliflower, 1 heaping handful of olives, one fist of watermelon

D3 M3 - Hamburgers, sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts, 1/2 avocado, sliced tomatoes with homemade mayo

Question, not sure if anyone is reading this or knows but when you make the Whole30 mayo, do you count that as your "Fat" serving, or is that just an extra add on?

Walked the dog this morning, already at over 3000 steps for the day! It's going to be a good one, I can feel it :)

Question, not sure if anyone is reading this or knows but when you make the Whole30 mayo, do you count that as your "Fat" serving, or is that just an extra add on?

I count mayo as a fat. I use it to make salad dressing and dip for vegetables. I like a little blob of it on sliced tomatoes.

Well, yesterday started out well and then progressively got a little worse... was having a headache and lots of tummy discomfort. When I got home, the gates opened and it was like my whole body was detoxing. Today feels better but yet again, someone brought in HOMEMADE DONUTS to the "sharing" table at work!!! SABOTEURS!! Here's my plan for Day 4:

D4 M1 - 4 scrambled eggs, 2 chopped handfuls of spinach, 1/2 avocado and pico de gallo, fist of blueberries

D4 M2 - 1 1/2 "palms" grilled chicken, green beans, 1 handful of olives

D4 M3 - 3.5 oz steak with over easy egg, sweet potato hash, handful of olives

Based on the Whole30 timeline, I'm not ready to KILL ALL THINGS yet...but, it was hard to get out of bed!! I do still feel a little headachy today...and was a little angry at my fellow commuters today in the car on my way to work, but I tried to scale it back and sing my heart out to relieve some stress :)

On to day 5!!! I'm actually quite surprised I made it this far...usually, on other health kicks I've tried, I have completely slipped, cheated, messed up by now. But, nope, I'm on track! Here is the plan for today:

D5 M1 - 3 eggs, 2 ounces of chopped steak (leftover from last night), 2 chopped handfuls of spinach, 1/2 avocado, fist of blueberries

*This definitely seems to be my "Go To" breakfast!

D5 M2 - Hamburger patty, Leftover sweet potato hash, 1 heaping handful of olives

*I wasn't sure the hamburger patty would be enough, so I brought some grilled chicken just in case I need more protein

D5 M2 - Buffalo Grilled chicken, frozen/steamed broccoli-carrots-cauliflower, heaping handful of olives

Yesterday went well, except for my boss asked me to stay late so by the time I got home, I was famished and ready to eat anything in sight! Good thing the food was thawed and cooking was easy. This weekend, we're going to the lake and I'm nervous about that. However, I did tell everyone to be supportive and have my food planned out. I can do this!

Day 6 and I'm at the cabin for the weekend. I pre cooked and packed all my food in advance so I know I can't slip or when I'm tempted I have options to snack on if needed.Here's what the plan is for today:

D6 M1 - 4 scrambled eggs, 2 handfuls chopped spinach, half avocado, blueberries

D6 M2 - Grilled chicken breast, frozen veggies, 1 heaping handful olives

D6 M3 - Hamburger, sweet potato, half avocado and blueberries.

Just because I'm at the lake during the summer time doesn't mean I can't stay on track. I'm finding preparation is the key to success, by far.

Well, today is day 7! Can't believe I'm at the end of week one and have almost made it thru a weekend. Crazy...here is the plan today:

D7 M1 - 4 scrambled eggs, 2 chopped handfuls spinach, half avocado, pico de Gallo and blueberries

D7 M2 - Grilled chicken, frozen veggies...broccoli & cauliflower, heaping handful of olives and blueberries

D7 M3 - turkey burger, brussel sprouts, olives

I can't wait to go to bed tonight knowing I made it thru my first week of Whole30!!!!

Wow! Made it past the first week of Whole30....exciting...I'm so surprised at myself :) I know that's silly, but seriously. Here is my plan today:

D8 M1 - 4 scrambled eggs, 2 chopped handfuls of spinach, half avocado, pico and blueberries

D8 M2 - Grilled chicken, frozen broccoli/cauliflower, 1 heaping handful of olives

D8 M3 - More chicken, green beans, handful of olives

I have an appointment after work today so I'm on the go for M3...also yesterday and today, I've been extremely hungry and haven't really changed anything...similar food every day, no excess exercise...not sure why that is, but I'll just keep monitoring.

On to day 9! Typically, I would have quit by now because I was all about the "Fast" results that weren't realistic, so I'm just plugging along...Don't really feel any different than normal. I completed that Food for Thought spreadsheet/worksheet and was surprised that I haven't noticed much change in my body or emotions other than what I thought I'd miss versus what I'm missing...But, will just keep swimming. My sleep is good, my emotions are the same, clothes fit the same, body feels the same...hopefully that will change soon. Here is the plan for today:

D9 M1 - 4 scrambled eggs, one handful chopped spinach, blueberries and sweet potato hash (I was told to add a couple more starches because I'm PMS'ing)

D9 M2 - Whole30 Chili (from the book!)

D9 M3 - Steak, plain baked potato and steamed veggies

I'm going out tonight with some friends and have already looked at the menu to verify what I can and can't have. We are also going to a movie after dinner so, I'm bringing my blueberries to snack on during the show instead of buttery popcorn!

Day 10....the hardest of days!!! I feel good today -- my attitude has shifted slightly and I feel accomplished after making it through a restaurant and movie outing last night and the ability to make good choices when others around me are not. I actually feel like I'm in control of my brain...that I can CHOOSE what I can and can't have. Before, I'd just graze, eat anything insight and just eat junk because others were eating junk....now, I feel like I'm starting to see things a little differently. But, I didn't want to make breakfast this morning...I was completely being a lazy bum. Here's the plan for today:

D10 M1 - 4 scrambled eggs, 2 handfuls of spinach, pico de gallo, 1/2 avocado

D10 M2 - Leftover Whole30 Chili

D10 M3 - Cashew crusted chicken, roasted Brussels sprouts

I have been getting some muscle cramps/charley horses in my lower legs/feet the last couple days...I might need some more potassium?

Well, today started out a little rough...the alarm didn't go off so I had to rush out the door without prepping breakfast. But, I did manage to grab good food to make at the office. Here's the plan for today:

D11 M1 - 3 scrambled eggs (in the microwave :( ) with cooked Brussels sprouts from last night, 1/2 an avocado and blueberries

D11 M2 - Leftover cashew chicken and sweet potatoes...I'll probably throw in the rest of the Brussels, too.

D11 M3 - Tuna salad with the Whole30 Mayo and carrots

Lets go!

Seems like I'm back in KILL ALL THE THINGS mode...good lord. My poor husband, co-workers...I just want to go home and crawl back in bed for the rest of the day. Everything is bugging me, I just want to drink my wine and eat my cheese...I can't stop thinking about breakfast sandwiches and liquor. UGH. BUT, here's my plan...

D12 M1 - 4 eggs, Brussels sprouts, 1/2 avocado

D12 M2 - Tuna with Whole30 mayo, sweet potatoes

D12 M3 - I have no idea....we have chicken thawed, so probably grilled chicken (AGAIN) and frozen veggies.

I did buy some of those Rx Bars that are approved Whole30 just in case I need something extra....I'm getting pretty bored with all the food, cooking, prep, dishes, etc. I'm also traveling out of state this weekend via air and need to prep for my airport excursion....this is a lot of work.

Ok - I haven't checked in since Friday...I was traveling to AZ but will try to recap the best I can....

D13 M1 - 2 hardboiled eggs, cashews, carrots and blueberries

D13 M2 - Chicken, broccoli, avocado

D13 M3 - Hamburger, Green beans, olives

D14 M1 - 4 scrambled eggs, 2 handfuls of spinach, half an avocado, blue berries

D14 M2 - 5 ounces of grilled turkey, olives, green beans

D14 M3 - Italian Chicken sausage, steamed broccoli, Olives

D15 M1 - 4 scrambled eggs, 2 handfuls of spinach, half an avocado, blue berries

D15 M2 - Grilled chicken, green beans, olives

D15 M3 - I was stuck on a plane with nothing compliant in the airport...so I had a LARA bar with me and an RX bar...not the best choice, but at least something.

Today, here is the plan...I'm back to work and the "normal" routine...now we don't have much going on until the second week of June...so, I don't see anything in the way of finishing the Whole30 strong!

D16 M1 - 4 scrambled eggs, pico de gallo, 2 chopped handfuls of spinach, blueberries

D16 M2 - Grilled chicken, sweet potatoes, olives

D16 M3 - Cashew crusted chicken, Brussels sprouts

Day 17 -- crazy. Can't believe it's less than 2 weeks and I'll have completed my first Whole30! Here is today's plan:

D17 M1 - 4 scrambled eggs, 2 handfuls chopped broccoli, pico and half avocado

D17 M2 - 1.5 palms of Grilled Chicken, green beans, 1 heaping handful olives

D17 M3 - MORE CHICKEN...chicken. chicken. Broccoli and half avocado....

We're completely out of food, so have to go grocery shopping tonight...I honestly want to take a sabbatical from chicken and eggs. I think that's all I eat. Blah.

Ok - so, I forgot to check in yesterday with my food log but still stayed on plan and was compliant! I feel good today and I'm not sure if it's the 4-day work week or the Tiger Blood creeping in :)

Here is how yesterday turned out:

D18 M1 - 4 scrambled eggs, 2 chopped handfuls of spinach, half an avocado

D18 M2 - Leftover almond crusted chicken from the night before (SOOOOO GOOD), sweet potato, a scoop of guac to dip my chicken in

D18 M3 - Sirloin steak (no butter, oil, gluten free, etc), steamed broccoli and lots of it!

*I met a friend out for dinner last night and made sure to pick a restaurant that could accommodate my eating -- they had a lovely gluten free menu and were more than happy to ensure no dairy, gluten, added sugar, etc. I felt no guilt eating my entire steak and licking my fingers! I honestly do not feel tempted to cheat, slip, eat bad things especially if I'm prepared and actually feel accomplished and proud of myself for making good choices. It just seems to be easier, like I'm in control.

Here is the plan for today (I can't believe I'm already on D19 and haven't given up on myself!!!!):

D19 M1 - 4 scrambled eggs, 2 chopped handfuls of spinach, half an avocado (my go to breakfast)

D19 M2 - Grilled chicken salad - lots of lettuce, spinach, broccoli - olive oil/balsamic vinegar for dressing, a few watermelon cubes

D19 M3 - Ground beef "tacos" - we're making ground beef tacos without the shell or added sugar. We're using lettuce, pico de gallo, peppers, etc. half an avocado and hot sauce.

I'm very excited because I see a light at the end of the tunnel and actually know I'm going to finish this for myself, no one else!

Yesterday ended up getting a little sidetracked...The lunch I was planning to have was a work provided salad bar. I happened to check the chicken labels and the #3 ingredient was sugar. I had to go grab compliant food at the grocery store instead...D19 M2 turned into two Italian chicken sausages, sweet potato and watermelon cubes...same goes for D19 M3, instead of tacos, we made mini hamburger sliders with potato/onion hash and a over easy egg on top..YUMMY.

It's Saturday and Day 20! So, excited for the weekend...weather looks good, want to get in some exercise and eat great! Here is the plan:

D20 M1 - 3 scrambled eggs, pico de gallo, 2 little potatoes and 1/2 an avocado, banana (I ate this today and could barely finish...I definitely was not in the clean plate club. My husband told me to just stop eating if I wasn't hungry...and I guess I never even thought of that. I figured I should just push myself to eat it all until it was gone....so I just stopped.)

D20 M2 - Steak, broccoli and olives

D20 M3 - BBQ with the family - more Italian chicken sausage, spring salad with balsamic vinegar dressing, orange

Tomorrow is 3 WEEEEEKS!

Well, I guess I forgot to check in over the weekend....still stayed on plan! Here's D21:

D21 M1 - 3 egg scramble with spinach, small red potato, pico de gallo and 1/2 avocado

D21 M2 - Italian chicken Sausage stir fry with Broccoli, pico de gallo, egg and olives

D21 M3 - Grilled Steak (I can't remember what kind), mashed sweet potatoes, broccoli/carrot medley, olives

Today is Day 22!!!! I can't believe it...there are literally 8 days left until I actually meet a goal I set for myself and did quit. I can't believe it! I definitely feel less bloated, less inflamed, have minimal/if any abdominal discomfort...I'm actually nervous to add things back into my diet...so I might keep this Whole30 going...for Whole45, Whole60? Here is today's plan:

D22 M1 - 4 egg muffins, orange, 1/2 avocado (I made egg muffins last night in muffin tins...one egg per tin, then filled with spinach, pico and a few shreds of potatoes...super yummy and easy to grab and go!)

D22 M2 - Left over Italian chicken sausage stir fry from yesterday, Olives

D22 M3 - Pork Pot Roast with carrots and potatoes, Olives

It almost doesn't even feel like I'm eating "special" anymore...kind of nice!

Today is Day 23 -- still can't believe it. Here is how it panned out:

D23 M1 - 4 egg muffins, orange, and half an avocado

D23 M2 - Leftover Shepards Pie from the Whole30 book, olives

D23 M3 - 2 chicken sausages, mixed veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots), a little handful of olives

On to day 24 tomorrow...less than a week to go!

Well, I'm getting pretty good at slacking on my food log entries....I think it's because I'm just so accustomed and in a routine, I don't even think about coming on here..but, this was yesterday's agenda:

D24 M1 - 4 egg muffins, half an avocado

D24 M2 - 2 Italian Chicken Sausages, mixed veggies and olives

D24 M3 - Zoodles with homemade Whole30 tomato sauce and grilled chicken  (YUMMMY. I didn't cook the zucchini noodles and just poured the hot chicken and sauce over them and mixed them up. SO MUCH BETTER THAN COOKING THE ZOODLES!)

Here is the plan for today:

D25 M1 - 4 egg muffins, half an avocado, half grapefruit

D25 M2 - Out for lunch with a customer -- planning to have steak with lots of broccoli - no dairy, added sugar, etc. I have a lunch here at work just in case the restaurant we go to doesn't have anything compliant.

D25 M3 - More Zoodles, Whole30 tomato sauce and grilled chicken. YUM.

Waking up this morning there was an extreme attitude shift...I felt it coming in last night but didn't really have it hit hard until today. I'm not really sure what's going on...almost like a depression, a sadness. I'm sick of making and cooking food, making these choices, having to worry about so much but I don't want to give in at Day 27....It was almost like I woke up on the wrong side of the bad and now I need to go back to sleep and start over....here is how yesterday turned out:

D26 M1 - 3 egg muffins, 1/2 avocado

D26 M2 - Grilled steak with lots of broccoli -- we met a friend out for lunch and I made sure to choose the restaurant that had options.

D26 M3 - I didn't want anything to do with food..didn't want to cook, eat, move. I think I was so bummed that it was another weekend where I felt "left out" - dumb I know but I finally made myself two eggs and some shredded potatoes...couldn't even finish it. I might just chalk all this junk up to hormones and hope there is a shift soon...

Here is where we at today:'

D27 M1 - 4 scrambled eggs and 1/2 avocado...we're completed out of any kind of greens, so we'll need to go shopping again....always shopping.

D27 M2 - Grilled Cashew Chicken, fried potatoes in coconut oil

D27 M3 - Steak, broccoli/cauliflower, olives 

Bye.

Hola -- feel a TON better today....yesterday must have been a fluke. As far as today goes, I had unexpected travel this morning and had to grab a larabar on the way out the door quick. I know it's not the best option but it was an "emergency" situation. Here's today's layout:

D28 M1 - Lara Bar

D28 M2 - Cashew chicken, potatoes/carrots/onions, watermelon

D28 M3 - Whole30 Shepards Pie (YUM).

DAY 28!!!

Day 29 Lovelies!!! I can't believe it...good Lord. I have never stuck to something and actually finished. I'm not even doubting not finishing. Crazy...I feel so powerful. I have come to the conclusion that on Day 31, I'm going to reintroduce dairy (because I've missed it the most)...have a yogurt with breakfast, some cottage cheese or mozzarella at lunch, etc. and see how I feel. Then back to the "Whole30 norm" D32-33. D24, I'm going to do the liquor....and then after that, back to the "Whole30 norm" until I hit my other goals...while giving myself a tiny bit more lenience when it comes to social situations and having a drink. (Who knows...this might change by tomorrow! HA!)

Here's the plan for today:

D29 M1 - 4 egg muffins, watermelon sticks and half an avocado (I could really tell the difference if I ate 3 egg muffins vs. 4 egg muffins. I was a lot hungrier, earlier)

D29 M2 - Leftover Whole30 Shepard's Pie, Olives, the last of my watermelon sticks.

D29 M3 - Beef Shish Kabobs on the grill (with green peppers, onions, tomatoes), Olives

Tada!

Archived