Stef and Gregg's Whole30

Eetzurbrainzz

Day 24:

I'm slightly less cranky today.  I'm still tired though; I cut out coffee to see if that would help my stomach issues.  And I really wish I could get some fresh air...all I want to do is be outside instead of sitting in this office all day...Hopefully I can squeeze in a walk later!

Meal 1: HB eggs with roasted golden beets, fennel and avocado oil

Meal 2: Tuna with the rest of the beets/fennel and a nectarine

Meal 3: Beef Stew!

I'm really losing steam with the meal prep.  Even though it's only 6 more days of the official Whole30, in my mind I know that this is a long-term, permanent change.  And the thought of doing all this food prep and cooking every day is just as exhausting as actually doing it right now.  I know I'll get over it, and will be more willing once we finally move, but right now I need a break.  Planning on doing as many crock-pot things as I can to "finish up".

And speaking of post Whole30 plans, I know Gregg is rearing to have himself a beer and some chicken wings after this is through.  I on the other hand, feel like I should give it some more time.  Maybe another 30 days with exercise, because I have been s-l-a-c-k-i-n-g...and I'm really starting to regret that.  We shall see!

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!

Day 25:

I can't believe that the 30 days is almost up!  It really flew by. 

Food for the day:

Meal 1: 3 HB eggs with mustard, about 2 c golden beets drizzled with olive oil

Meal 2: Leftover beef filling from the stuffed acorn squash with a bag of mini bell peppers and a good handful of olives

Meal 3: Bison patties with bacon and guac with sauteed rainbow chard

Also hoping to get a workout in and somehow manage to get my school-work done...this four day week is throwing me off, but I'm so glad it's almost the weekend!!

Day 24:

I'm slightly less cranky today.  I'm still tired though; I cut out coffee to see if that would help my stomach issues.  And I really wish I could get some fresh air...all I want to do is be outside instead of sitting in this office all day...Hopefully I can squeeze in a walk later!

Meal 1: HB eggs with roasted golden beets, fennel and avocado oil

Meal 2: Tuna with the rest of the beets/fennel and a nectarine

Meal 3: Beef Stew!

I'm really losing steam with the meal prep.  Even though it's only 6 more days of the official Whole30, in my mind I know that this is a long-term, permanent change.  And the thought of doing all this food prep and cooking every day is just as exhausting as actually doing it right now.  I know I'll get over it, and will be more willing once we finally move, but right now I need a break.  Planning on doing as many crock-pot things as I can to "finish up".

And speaking of post Whole30 plans, I know Gregg is rearing to have himself a beer and some chicken wings after this is through.  I on the other hand, feel like I should give it some more time.  Maybe another 30 days with exercise, because I have been s-l-a-c-k-i-n-g...and I'm really starting to regret that.  We shall see!

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!

For crockpot meals, I made a whole chicken in the crockpot last night and it turned out amazeballs. Although handling a whole, raw chicken kind of freaked me out! I threw it in there on top of thickly sliced onions and seasoned it with paprika, garlic and onion powder, thyme, salt, pepper and a bay leaf. You could season it with anything really. It came out super juicy and literally fell off the bones. I kept the bones for bone broth too.

Salsa verde chicken is also really good and easy. Chicken breast and salsa verde from Trader Joes. I cook mine over night on low.

Ooo Chicken Cacciatore is awesomeee! Chicken, peppers, onions tomato sauce over spaghetti squash. 

Just some ideas  :)

For crockpot meals, I made a whole chicken in the crockpot last night and it turned out amazeballs. Although handling a whole, raw chicken kind of freaked me out! I threw it in there on top of thickly sliced onions and seasoned it with paprika, garlic and onion powder, thyme, salt, pepper and a bay leaf. You could season it with anything really. It came out super juicy and literally fell off the bones. I kept the bones for bone broth too.

Salsa verde chicken is also really good and easy. Chicken breast and salsa verde from Trader Joes. I cook mine over night on low.

Ooo Chicken Cacciatore is awesomeee! Chicken, peppers, onions tomato sauce over spaghetti squash. 

Just some ideas  :)

Thanks Kim!! I actually have a whole chicken in the fridge that I wasn't sure how to handle, so that's really helpful!  I definitely love me some Chicken Cacciatore...and I'll have to find some time to sneak up to Trader Joes, I do love that store! :D

Day 26!

I can't believe it's already Friday again, but I couldn't be happier.  My job is killing me. :( Sitting for 11 hours between the car and the office, staring at the computer all day...it's just no way to live.  I'm really hoping to find a job that doesn't tie me to a desk all day, it's just not healthy!  And sadly when I get home, it's really hard to motivate.  Someday.....

Anyhooooo, today was not the ideal food day for me.  My own fault for not preparing and giving in to laziness.

Meal 1: 2 HB eggs and a small sweet potato with a big dollop of coconut buttah...yum...

Meal 2: (Here's where things went askew...) 3 big carrots, another HB egg, compliant turkey jerky sticks, and a handful of olives.  I also had a LaraBar around 3 because I felt a headache coming on.  Not my best day, but I wanted to make sure that Gregg had enough to eat, so he got the good stuff.

Meal 3: Roasted pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes and spinach sauteed in olive oil, with tomatoes and mushrooms.

I will motivate to get some prep done tonight; some sweet potato hash and some scotch eggs so that the man will have plenty to eat on his deliveries tomorrow.

I'm off to chow down, hope everyone has a great night!! :lol:

It's a glorious day 27!  Nothing better than a sunny Saturday morning. :)

I was up early, had a lovely Meal 1 of scotch eggs, sweet potato homefries and avocado with hot sauce:

17401_10152736419831792_8556378511250763

Meal 2 will most likely be leftovers of the pork tenderloin we had last night, and Meal 3...I haven't quite decided yet.  I should probably get that whole chicken I have cooked...it's been in the fridge about a week.  Kinda forgot it was there.  :blink:

I picked up my freshly delivered Well Fed cookbooks from the house this morning! Can't wait to read through them and plan some new meals.  Food shopping and another family birthday tomorrow, and just maybe I'll get some schoolwork in...I haven't decided yet. ;)

It's days like this I really miss having my mom around; she recently moved to Kentucky and I feel so alone without her.  But she's my favorite food shopping buddy.  Gregg's no fun, he's always rushing me.  I like to browse! lol  But I'm excited, she's reading ISWF now and plans on doing a Whole30 soon.  She's the one of the fittest people I know (she's in better shape than I am) and for the most part eats really healthy.  She pretty much follows Paleo (and by default so does her husband...sometimes...lol).  But it will be fun to have someone to continue this with.  I really do feel like I need to keep going with this.  I am finally starting to see some better results, and the stomach issues have started to fade.  I also have no desire to eat any of the foods that gave me issues, I surprisingly don't miss alcohol, AT ALL, though I may have a glass of wine when Gregg and I hit our usual Thursday night bar next week.  He is chomping at the bit for that, let me tell you...but I am soooo proud of him, he really stuck it out. :wub:

Well that's all I have for now!  Time to go tear into Well Fed. :D

Can't believe it, but day 29 is over!  Tomorrow is the official end of our first Whole30, but we shall press on!  We've decided that we're going to stay on this track; eating as close to the guidelines as possible (though Gregg will allow for a few cheats and beers here and there).  I am one of those late bloomers on this plan; I'm just now starting to see results and I couldn't be happier.  But more importantly, I feel like I've learned a lot about my eating habits and how to listen to my body.  I no longer feel the need to snack throughout the day or binge eat at night.  I looooove my veggies and I don't miss anything about pizza, ice cream or even booze (though I was really tested this past Sunday...vanilla bean cheesecake, chocolate cake AND ice cream...all up in mah face.  But we stayed strong!)

On to the food...on Saturday I tackled my first whole chicken; thanks to Kim and her suggestions it was a success!  A nice juicy delicious bird for dinner, and now I have about 4 large jars of bone broth. :)

Sunday we had what I can only call omelette "sandwiches"...only because I fail at flipping omelettes so I have to cut the big egg circle into four wedges and pile them on top of each other.  I scrambled the eggs with onions, tomatoes, some cumin, chili powder and garlic powder and smooshed some avocado and Frank's Red Hot in between the egg layers.  Some lovely sweet potato homefries on the side and Gregg was one happy man. 

Dinner at his parents' house was sausage on the grill with veggies and baked potatoes...I made sure the sausage was compliant before digging in.

Today was pretty simple; M1 was leftover scotch eggs with a big helping of seasoned sauteed broccoli with ghee, M2 was leftover chicken with spaghetti squash and cherry tomatoes and M3 was an AWESOME stir fry, inspired by Well Fed: cauliflower "rice" with stir fry veggies, ground beef, scrambled eggs and Mel's stir fry sauce...so good!!

And now it's bedtime.  Looking forward to a great day 30!!! (But not really...cuz...it's Tuesday. :angry: )

We made it!!!! Day 30 came and we throttled it!  Meal 1 for me was leftover stir fry with extra scrambled eggs; Gregg had three scrambled eggs because he was in a hurry.  Meal 2 for me was a roasted chicken breast with coconut oil with a huge side of steamed red cabbage; Gregg had a chicken breast with green beans and a sweet potato.  Meal 3 was our favorite: beef stuffed acorn squash from Healthy Foodie. Washed it down with some Gingerberry Kombucha.

So Gregg is "done".  He's going to go into the reintroduction phase, while I press on alone.  Mostly because I just gave up coffee about a week ago, and I think I'd like to give that some more time.

Tomorrow will be a "bonus" day, since Thursday is our grand return to our local bar...no drinks for me!  That will also be our weigh in day, which is no longer as important to me as it once was.  I'm eating better than I ever was, I feel better, my skin is clearing up, and even though I spend my long days sitting on my butt and haven't been exercising as much, I am starting to slim down.  I'm a believer in Whole30! :)

One last update here before I branch out on my own...Gregg lost a total of 12 pounds on his Whole30!  He has also broken a few bad habits.  He is drinking more water, hasn't been snacking, and this morning, when he made his cup of coffee with a long awaited serving of cream and sugar, he stated that he didn't like it as much and wished it was black!  I on the other hand am not sure how much weight I lost because I didn't weigh myself before I started...I was too scared.  But all I know is I'm feeling healthier, and that's the best part.  Now the question remains...do I get a glass of wine tonight?? We'll see...

Archived