Nuts that 'may contain traces of peanuts'

alice9

Hi, I'm on day 2 of my whole 30 and have been checking my labels. A bag of raw slivered almonds i have and other bags of almonds I have found at the shops say that they 'may contain traces of peanuts' .. Does this mean I cannot use them on my whole 30?

If the almonds are packaged on a plant where peanuts are also packaged then the company MUST state this as a warning to those with peanut allergies. It's more about cross contamination than actual contents. I'd say they'd be fine. Don't be going overboard on the nut eating though, regardless!

• 1 month later...

How are nuts being consumed if they have sugars listed under the "nutrients" label. Im having a hard time understanding this. I thought no sugar meant no sugar. I know we are suppose to look under the ingredients labels too, but under the "nutrients" does that make it NON compliant? 

• Moderators

How are nuts being consumed if they have sugars listed under the "nutrients" label. Im having a hard time understanding this. I thought no sugar meant no sugar. I know we are suppose to look under the ingredients labels too, but under the "nutrients" does that make it NON compliant? 

"No sugar" refers to no added sugars, which would be listed as ingredients.

If we didn't allow any sugar at all, even naturally occurring ones, we couldn't eat fruit or vegetables, since they pretty much all contain sugar. See, for instance, the chart here that shows celery contains sugar. But celery doesn't have any added sugars -- it's just celery -- so it's okay to eat.

Archived