2nd Whole30. Doing it for me this time.

kimberlyxo

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude the mayo is so good! I made a ranch dipping sauce and cooked chicken in it so far. I saw a recipe for a creamy marinara that involves mayo somehow? Not sure how I feel about that, but I would definitely give it a try. 

It lasts about a week in the fridge, right?

Day 8 

Feeling really good today. Very up beat, happy and motivated. I can't wait to go home and fold laundry... weird right?

Got up, took the dog for a walk/jog. I am slowly working up to a full jog/run every morning with him. He loves it  :)

Meal 1 - 2 small baked sweet potatoes with a chicken, pepper, broccoli mixed with a compliant spaghetti sauce. 

( I was pretty hungry at like 10am after eating breakfast at 7am. I might need to add in more protein. The hunger went away though after I drank my coffee and lots of water)

Meal 2 - Buffalo chicken nuggets (so good! Not SWPO for me) with paleo ranch for dipping, green peppers and homemade guac with lots of tomatoes, and red grapes and strawberries.

Meal 3- I'm sure I'll change my mind when I get home, but I'm thinking I'll have salmon with some sort of grilled vegetable. Update: Grilled salmon with a spice rub with broccoli cooked in a garlic infused ghee with avocado. 

I had a dream that I cheated on day 7.... I felt so guilty when I woke up.... But then realized I didn't eat anything off plan and felt good again lol

-Kim

Day 9

The great feeling I had yesterday hasn't totally worn off, but has simmered down, if you will. I still feel better than I ever have

Meal 1 - 2 Applegate hotdogs, a couple buffalo chicken nuggets, green pepper slices and a baked sweet potato with coconut butter and cinnamon. (OMG so good) This kept me full from 7am to 1pm

Meal 2- Buffalo chicken nuggets with a paleo ranch (made from paleo mayo) steamed broccoli, red grapes and strawberries. I have been sticking to 1 cup of fruit with lunch throughout this Whole30.

Its iced coffee day! Dunkins is donating $1 of every iced coffee to Boston Children's Hospital. I obviously needed to get a coffee (black) to support the kids  :D

Meal 3- Grilled chicken, green beans and guac.

All I want to do is talk about food. Like, All. The. Time. I want to tell people about this Whole30, how its going and what I cook everyday. I want to inspire others to do a Whole30 themselves because we all know they would feel better if they did.

My coworkers have already expressed that I am annoying for wanting to talk about food 24/7. Sooo at least I have you guys  :)

At work, I will keep all of this to myself unless someone asks me about the program or what I'm eating. Some of them have even stopped following me on Instagram because of all the food pictures. People need to grow up, right?

I know not everyone is ready for change or are in different stages of change but I am so passionate about food and overall wellness, I just can't help myself!

-Kim

Hi Kim!

I am totally the same way!  I somehow manage to work Whole30 into every day conversations whether people like it or not...It is very exciting and fun to talk about!  Just sad that not everyone gets it...Oh well!

All of your meals sound awesome!  I just hit the halfway point, it's crazy how amazing you feel when you eat right!

Stefani

Hey, don't let your coworkers bring you down! I enjoy your pictures on Instagram! :)

I was posting more, but these days, I'm running out of time and my meals aren't all pretty, or I just plain forget to take the picture! need to get better about that!

Wish I knew about the iced dunkin coffee!!!

Hi Kim!

I am totally the same way!  I somehow manage to work Whole30 into every day conversations whether people like it or not...It is very exciting and fun to talk about!  Just sad that not everyone gets it...Oh well!

All of your meals sound awesome!  I just hit the halfway point, it's crazy how amazing you feel when you eat right!

Stefani

I just saw that your in Mass! Its chilly today, what's up with this weather? lol

Thanks! I am trying to stay creative with my recipes otherwise I know I will get bored  :)

My company is starting to promote health and wellness more and while we were in a training yesterday with one of our nutritionists, she started talking about the "fad" diets and how she wouldn't suggest those to anyone because they don't work and you eventually fall off track... UGH

I definitely don't parade around the office and slap cupcakes out of peoples hands... but if someone asks what I'm doing and whats working for me, I can't shut up about it lol

Hey, don't let your coworkers bring you down! I enjoy your pictures on Instagram! :)

I was posting more, but these days, I'm running out of time and my meals aren't all pretty, or I just plain forget to take the picture! need to get better about that!

Wish I knew about the iced dunkin coffee!!!

Thank you!! I loooove Instagram! I get criticized for posting my meals and my friends ask why I need to show everyone what I'm eating.... I need to stop caring what other people think. I would be a much happier, less stressed person if I did that! 

Day 10

Sooo the timeline says that today and tomorrow are the hardest days... and so far they are right. I'm not saying I'll go binge on non compliant foods... but I look in the mirror and think why do I look the same? I'm noticing many other changes but nothing physical. That is a major reason why I decided to do another Whole30.. I am so stuck on what I look like and what the numbers are and not on the important things like better sleep, mental clarity, clear skin, no allergies etc. I also want things to change overnight, which is never the case. I will get over this and move on. I better, because I won't get through cookouts Sunday and Monday feeling like this lol

Woof.... moving on...

Meal 1 - Flavorgod seasonings posted a "popcorn chicken" recipe on their Instagram last night. I tried it and it failed. But it still tastes good! I had chicken with roasted broccoli and sweet potatoes

Meal 2- Same as meal 1... chicken, roasted broccoli and sweet potatoes with watermelon and strawberries

Snack- I have a softball game at 7... I will more than likely have a cashew cookie Lara bar on my way to the game 

Meal 3 - Meh.. not sure yet. 

I have black iced coffee, a strawberry/pineapple La Croix water, lemon water and tea to get me through this work day 

And a trip to Trader Joe's is definitely in my near future....

That is all.. thanks for listening... :D

-Kim

Your instagram is just that, YOURS! If they don't like it, they can unfollow you! that's how I feel about it, anyway. LOL

And yes, days 10 and 11 are the hardest. I felt just like you did! I am on day 21 today, and I can honestly say that YES, I am starting to see the benefits. My pants are more loose, my face is FINALLY clearing up, and I'm having more good sleep than bad (except for the last day or so). It will happen!

I just saw that your in Mass! Its chilly today, what's up with this weather? lol

Thanks! I am trying to stay creative with my recipes otherwise I know I will get bored  :)

My company is starting to promote health and wellness more and while we were in a training yesterday with one of our nutritionists, she started talking about the "fad" diets and how she wouldn't suggest those to anyone because they don't work and you eventually fall off track... UGH

I definitely don't parade around the office and slap cupcakes out of peoples hands... but if someone asks what I'm doing and whats working for me, I can't shut up about it lol

I know, it's crazy!  I want those 80 degrees back! lol

I here you with recipe boredom...I made a huge batch of chicken thighs on Sunday to have for lunches throughout the week and I'm at a point where I kind of don't want to even look at chicken...but I'm sure I'll figure something else out!  There are just so many options.

The image of going around slapping cupcakes out of people's hands made me laugh...just be like NO.  That's bad for you!  It really is frustrating when people don't understand but...I guess they need to figure it out for themselves!

Hope you're having a great day 10!

Your instagram is just that, YOURS! If they don't like it, they can unfollow you! that's how I feel about it, anyway. LOL

And yes, days 10 and 11 are the hardest. I felt just like you did! I am on day 21 today, and I can honestly say that YES, I am starting to see the benefits. My pants are more loose, my face is FINALLY clearing up, and I'm having more good sleep than bad (except for the last day or so). It will happen!

You are so right. Ugh people just suck sometimes lol

Yay! That's awesome! :) I guess I can't expect results after just 10 days! I do feel much better though, so that helps me keep going

I know, it's crazy!  I want those 80 degrees back! lol

I here you with recipe boredom...I made a huge batch of chicken thighs on Sunday to have for lunches throughout the week and I'm at a point where I kind of don't want to even look at chicken...but I'm sure I'll figure something else out!  There are just so many options.

The image of going around slapping cupcakes out of people's hands made me laugh...just be like NO.  That's bad for you!  It really is frustrating when people don't understand but...I guess they need to figure it out for themselves!

Hope you're having a great day 10!

I think its supposed to be nice this weekend!  :)

I do that too! Ill make alot of something and then just get sick of it... I love variety in my meals so I normally cut recipes in half. That way I might have the same thing for 3 meals and then I move on. 

I would probably get punched if I actually ruined someone's cupcake here. My department is obsessed with dessert. But its not even over the good homemade stuff... its all store bought... Makes no sense.. 

Thank you! I hope you are also having a great day!  :D

We have donuts at work a few times a week!  It used to be mainly Fridays but now it seems more frequent.  Any celebration is done with donuts.  And a candy jar and a cabinet with tons of leftover easter candy...so tempting, all day every day.  

I'm in New England too and it's felt like fall weather. 

We have donuts at work a few times a week!  It used to be mainly Fridays but now it seems more frequent.  Any celebration is done with donuts.  And a candy jar and a cabinet with tons of leftover easter candy...so tempting, all day every day.  

I'm in New England too and it's felt like fall weather. 

I used to be that person. Sugar and candy were my thing. So I understand, but us Whole30'ers are trying to change our lives and get away from that crap! We get stronger every time we say no!  :D

Ah that's awesome! Yeah it definitely feels like fall. I keep hearing good things about this weekend though, specifically Sunday! Hot weather will just make me want a beer that much more lol

Day 11

It was rough getting out of bed this morning. I went to bed pretty late after prepping my meals for the day and only got about 6 1/2 hours of sleep. That means I'll be asleep at 8pm on a Friday night lol oh well

Last night driving home from my game I almost lost it. How do we turn our minds off? I wish there was a switch for that.... just stop thinking brain! ugh... 

I feel better today... there is almost no one here at work today... it will be quiet and I will take a 2 mile walk on my lunch break to clear my head. Maybe even go crazy and get an iced tea... who knows...

Meal 1 - Friggen delicious pan fried chicken. The chicken was breaded in flaxseed, coconut flour, and tapioca flour with ground pepper. It was cooked in avocado oil and sprinkled with salt after it came out of the pan. OMG so good

1/2 a red pepper with zucchini cut into sticks so I could dip them in homemade ranch. (paleo mayo, coconut milk, garlic/onion powder, dill, salt pepper)

And one small sweet potato made into home fries, black iced coffee

Meal 2 - delicious chicken, red pepper, zucchini and paleo ranch and then watermelon

Meal 3 - more chicken, probably grilled veggies, avocado 

I have some La Croix water and a polar seltzer for drinks while at work. 

I am responsible for bringing dessert on Monday.... I love to bake... I love to try the desserts I make. Maybe I should just buy something from the store.... lol

-Kim

Day 12

Felt good when I woke up. I helped out with yard work (I hate yard work). I shoveled rocks for about two hours and then moved them with a wheel barrow. I felt like a prisoner back in the day lol. We saw three snakes and countless creepy crawlers. This is why I don't do yard work...

Meal 1- Left over chicken with zucchini and sweet potato cooked in coconut oil on the stove top with homemade ranch over it all. It was pretty damn good

Meal 2 - More left over chicken and a raw red pepper with ranch and watermelon

Meal 3 - I'm going to make turkey apple sausages and sweet potatoes with some other vegetable.

I've been having stomach pains the past few days. As I look back on what I ate, the only thing I can think of is the raw peppers and zucchini. I keep hearing that some people have this reaction to raw veggies? I went from being allergic to them last year, to being able to eat them and now stomach pains. ugh

I am in a pretty crappy mood due to a bad shopping experience this afternoon. 4 hours and 4 stores and all I leave with is a bra and leggings. :angry:

I learned that I was not born to wear maxi skirts. Maxi dresses maybe, but not skirts. Its supposed to be 80 degrees here tomorrow and I have like no summer clothes. ugh whatever...

AND I am responsible for bringing dessert on Monday... I have decided not to bake tonight while I'm in this funk... I will bake tomorrow night or Monday morning after I am feeling more like myself....

Sorry for venting..

-Kim

Days 13 and 14

Yesterday was so busy I didn't have time to post!

I planted my aunt's garden in the morning and then we had a cookout/birthday party. We brought our dog Chief so I kept busy with him and didn't let myself around the dessert table. I was prepared and didn't have any cravings for alcohol or s'mores.

Meal 1 - Apple turkey sausages broken up and made into a hash with sweet potato and onions. Black iced coffee

Meal 2 - Apple turkey sausages with a red pepper (kind of small, I know)

Meal 3 - Applegate hotdogs, roasted potatoes, watermelon and strawberries

I ended up having some pistachios later in the day as well but I didn't get hungry or have any cravings. Zachs family has always been very supportive which is awesome :)

Today we have another cookout/birthday party for my cousins girlfriend. I am in charge of making dessert which I thought would be tough, but I got through it and didn't have any problems putting the bowls in the sink without licking the spoon clean lol

I went to the grocery store, baked all my desserts, made a coleslaw and roasted potatoes and my fiancé still isn't out of bed.... ugh

Meal 1 - Apple turkey sausages and sweet potato

Meal 2 - Applegate hotdogs, roasted potatoes and pineapple coconut coleslaw. Im bringing the coleslaw to the party hoping that people like it as much as I do!

Meal 3 - Who knows :)

For the first time ever, I bought a whole chicken! My friend sent me a suupperr easy chicken soup recipe that I might try. Or, ill just roast it and have chicken for days!

Notes:

I am realizing how much food I need to eat to stay full until my next meal without snacking. Its about half way there and I finally figured it out.

I don't know what I'll do when day 30 comes around.... I might extend this for a few more weeks... I am loving how I feel and I don't think I'll be completely ready mentally after just 30 days... time will tell

-Kim

Day 15

Not feeling all that great today.I meal prepped like crazy last night and went to bed at a normal time but I didnt get up when my alarm went off. I didn't have the energy to get up like I did last week and the week before. I realized that not getting up completely threw off my whole morning. Normally I get up, take the dog for a walk, unload the dishwasher, eat breakfast, watch GMA, and then start getting ready. Today, I got up 30 minutes after my alarm went off, took the dog out but not for a walk, sat at the computer for a few minutes, posted on instagram, and then slowly started getting ready.

I have never been a morning person, but the past couple weeks have been the best weekday mornings I've ever had productivity wise.

Now i'm tired and hungry and have to eat my breakfast quickly before my 1:1 with my director... and I feel fainty... and terrible...

Meal 1 - Belinskis chicken sausage and applegate hotdog, steamed broccoli and green beans and garlic roasted potatoes

Meal 2 - Belinskis chicken sausage and applegate hotdog, steamed broccoli and green beans and garlic roasted potatoes, red grapes, watermelon and strawberries. About a cup in total

ICED COFFEE

Meal 3 - Edit- I made crispy chicken thighs with steamed broccoli and garlic roasted potatoes with some homemade ranch. I had an apple with almond butter on the side.

Notes- I need to get myself up and start my day walking with Chief. I went home from work today after breaking down and snapping at a friend. I was very unstable which happens now and then to me. I went home, took a nap with Chief and felt much better.

-Kim

Archived