Getting back to it.

Been on the WHOLE30 since Feb 1.  For health reasons (persistent yeast)

but I've been "off" for about a week now.  Keeping close to WHOLE30 but eating CHOCOLATE!!!! mmmmmm and CAKE mmmmmm and ICE CREAM mmmmmmm

I know it's entirely related to current stress and hormones (darn cycle) and being super busy.

BUT 

I know I need to "tighten up the reins" and get some control! 

anyone else? I  know I need to be following WHOLE30 foods, I know I feel better when eating them.  It's just SO easy to have "just a little" and then a little more and a little more. Next thing you know you've devoured 2 pieces of chocolate cake because after 1, really the damage is done, so what's another!  In no other time would I EVER have 2 pieces of cake! 

I'm having such a hard time wrapping my head around getting going again.  I'm just going to do it, but I don't like it.  I'm kinda mad about having to continue after all it's not really my "fault" I eat so healthy even before this, I'm not looking/needing to lose weight. It's all because of stupid kidney stones, causing infections needing antibiotics and surgery where I "picked" up c-diff allowing all my body flora to become out of whack. 

All right, rant over.  Back to boiling my chicken for broth and meal prepping. 

• 4 weeks later...

I hope you're back on track and feeling good again.  I did a Whole30 in April and finished in May.  After 1 meal off for Mothers Day, I went back on.  Last week, I strayed off.  It started with a weekend away at a fancy resort with delicious food.  Then, because I didn't do my usual shop and prep for the week ahead, I continued off plan.  I know exactly what you mean about how just having a little leads to just a little more and then more and more and more.  It took about a week for the cumulative effects of eating  "just a little bit" of gluten, dairy and sugar to hit, but I feel lousy.  I've got a gluten rash on my arms, a puffy face, queasiness and am tethered to the bathroom.  Anyway, here's hoping you post again saying that you're feeling great and enjoying the Whole30 and experiencing a more aligned system. 

Hope you are going cold turkey Mamarezzy with all the food without brakes

That stuff the triggers will do you in!

I know what they are for me so I've eliminated any resemblance of them I'm still W30 since 5/4

Restarted 6/1 after Day 26 wedding crashed and burned

However you can pick yourself up and go cold turkey Do you have a hobby? It may help to busy or reward yourself with something other than food or beverage

Adding things one at a time is helpful but I plan on adding only the things I might do well with and in small quantities I know what's out for sure

So post W30 I plan a slo roll no rush I'm not going back to the other side I pray

Good luck!

Hope you are going cold turkey Mamarezzy with all the food without brakes

That stuff the triggers will do you in!

I know what they are for me so I've eliminated any resemblance of them I'm still W30 since 5/4

Restarted 6/1 after Day 26 wedding crashed and burned

However you can pick yourself up and go cold turkey Do you have a hobby? It may help to busy or reward yourself with something other than food or beverage

Adding things one at a time is helpful but I plan on adding only the things I might do well with and in small quantities I know what's out for sure

So post W30 I plan a slo roll no rush I'm not going back to the other side I pray

Good luck!

I'm in no rush to go to the other side either. 

Archived