Day 22 THIS IS AWESOME & listing my favorite things

sassy1973

Hi all!!

I am on Day 22, and I am  excited about taking a very small break on day 31, having some wine or beer maybe a slice of pizza and then doing my Round 2. 

I feel better than I have in years.  I have successfully got both my sisters, my brother and his wife and 2 other friends joined in on the Whole30 experience.

I am discovering that is it really EASY to stay on this eating plan and focused, after years and years of struggling to "diet"  who knew that eating real food was easier than dieting???

I had started "dieting" before I discovered the Whole 30 so the 12th was 60 days for me and I broke a rule and got on the scale.  32.5 lbs REMOVED  ....I did a happy dance, BUT honestly it didn't mean as much to me as the gains in eating pain free, having no bloating, no growling, no digestive issues at all for the past 3 weeks.

I bought an outfit for mother's day and am down 2 sizes in pants and 3 sizes in shirts :-)  yes that made my whole year :-) and its only May! haha

Well... I know one thing, I have found my new way of life. 

Favorite things:

1. NO ONE believes that I have "only" dropped 32 pounds they swear its been 40-50 because my inches are so dramatic

2. NOT thinking about the scale everyday

3. Squash :-)

4. Creating healthy dinners that actually taste good!

5. People complimenting me

6. Sharing the Whole 30 and helping others change their lives

Good luck to everyone!  One piece of advice, NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING HEALTHY FEELS!  :)  ;)  :P  :D  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Sassy,

sounds like another Whole30 might be in order. Sometimes it takes more than one to get to where you want to be in your relationship with food (that was true with me, certainly). The fact that the thing you mention is not how you feel, but your weight on the scale, suggests you are judging your success by the number on a scale.

You are better than that!

Archived