Breakfast within 1 hour

I am planning on doing my second Whole30 June 1st.  I need to work on eating within an hour of waking up.  I find it difficult because I have two young children, 3 and a half, and 20 months.  I cannot figure out how to eat in that first hour between showering and tending to them, I work full time and have to get myself and them ready for the day.  I usually eat 2 hours after waking up.

What are your best tips to streamline breakfast?  Any good make ahead meals that I can reheat?  I may be overthinking, maybe having extra chicken and veggies on hand would be easy.  

Thanks! :) 

I like making the egg bakes/crustless quiches. I make a large one Sunday or Monday night and hubby and i eat off of it for most of the week. I use a 9x13 pyrex baking dish and I cut it into 8 pieces. I re-heat mine in the toaster oven for about 10 minutes. It is warm, but not hot, and I have some raw veggies with it. The other morning I had that with 1/2 an English cucumber and a whole red bell pepper chopped up and sprinkled with sea salt. I also do egg salad which can be done ahead and eaten in the morning with cucumber slices and celery sticks. I sometimes reach for leftovers as well. 

I do understand how hard it is to get breakfast in during that first hour! I have to take thyroid meds and that can mess me up, and it did until I decided that I would eat dinner 4 hours before bed (dinner by 6, bed by 10-11) and I would take my thyroid meds then. I can either take it and wait an hour to eat, OR 4 hours after my last meal. I like taking it at night, so I can pretty much roll out of bed and have my breakfast within that hour and have a few quiet moments before my 4 yr old gets up. 

Archived