Fibromyalgia, ibs, food intolerances

Hi everyone. I am actually too sick to write a long post. I'm somewhere around day 18 I think. I havent cheated but I am too sick to cook. I buy veggies and tgey go off.

Then, I have to clean out a fridge with food that's gone off. I feel overwhelmed by life, but especially by food.

I have seen no improvement in my pain levels. Anyone else take a while to see a breakthrough.

I am so desperate. Any insights welcome. Thanks.

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. If your health challenges are long-standing, they will likely take longer than 18 or even 30 days to change, and it might take more than food changes to do so.

That being said, in order to see whether you're on the right track, post 2-3 days worth of your food log for feedback.

I don't understand what you mean by "gone off:" do you mean spoiled?

Hi, Festanista,  I understand since I, too, have a nasty case of Fibro.  As you know, any change can set it off.  I understand that it is a 30 day program, but I think you would do better to phase into it.  Go on one day, one day off, then go on two days, one day off, three days on, one day off.  It won't be a Whole30 for a while, but I think your body might accommodate it easier.  OK folks who are about to bash this answer.  You would understand if you have Fibromyalgia.  We can't do stuff like the rest of you do.  Give it a try, Festanista.  Let me know how you are doing.   Linda

Hello everyone!! My name is dawnell and I am 43 and from Utah!! I was diagnosed about 7 years ago. I hate this!! I used to be so fully of life and energy. Now I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired. I still tell my dr I don't really have this lol. Anyways,having fibro is the exact reason I chose this as my lifestyle plan. I am super excite for my desiisions and can't wat to get starry.

Hi Festanista,

I don't have Fibromyalgia but I do have ME and am housebound so I know where you're coming from. Obviously you are the only one who can decide how best to tackle this but I thought I'd share what I did because I think it did help ease me into all the food prep and cooking.

I knew from previous experience that giving up wheat and other gluten grains had a positive effect, so I gently eased off eating grains and pulses two months before I started. I already limit my sugar intake as it's one of my migraine Triggers.

By the time I started whole30 my energy had already improved a bit ( I also started daily sessions of yoga nidra which is a really deep form of relaxation/meditation, and that has helped hugely).

I buy organic frozen veg whenever I can, I make plans, mainly because I live somewhere remote so there's no popping out to the shop, but it helps because it means that whenever I have more energy I can do some food prep in advance.

I find too, joints of meat, like pork belly, or a whole chicken are good because they can just go I the slow cooker with some simple seasonings, and then eight effortless hours later we have carnitas, of beautiful roast chicken. Leftovers can be eaten hot or cold during the week, or frozen if we have too much.

I also freeze vegetables I buy sometimes, because that way I always have easily cooked options. Roasting a batch of veg works well for me too.

And of course I always sit at the table to do my food prep ;-)

I'm on day 16, and have had an up and down time of it, however now my energy is increasing a little, and I definitely feel brighter, but I've had this illness a long time and I suspect I'm seeing some improvement so quickly because I gave up grains and pulses over two months ago, and I know already I am senstive to gluten.

I also think that for me, anyway, while food is a huge part of my recovery, it's not the only answer: stress plays a huge role in my illness, and that's why I'm also doing the yoga nidra - and a little hatha yoga too.

I hope you can find a way to make this work for you, it's really rough when you are too sick to be able to do the things which will actually help you to feel better in the long run.

Archived