Coconut milk blended w/ frozen fruit

dboothsummers

Sorry if our opinions are a little conflicting. I should've been a little more thorough. If you're trying to make "ice cream" be careful of dabbling in "sex with your pants on". I often do what Dana mentioned and pour a little coconut milk over some berries as a treat. If you're eating this once in a while, and once in a while you want to blend it, then it's no big deal. But if you're trying to get a sugar fix in and you're still relying on old behaviors, then you might be better off without it as Tom mentioned.

yeah, it felt a little SWYPO but my stomach is STILL upset from eating half the mix (which had a total of maybe 1/2 c of coco milk in it, so i maybe had 1/4 c)... coconut milk and i are not friends apparently, so i'm not worried about overdoing it. now to kick turning to the larabars...

yeah, it felt a little SWYPO but my stomach is STILL upset from eating half the mix (which had a total of maybe 1/2 c of coco milk in it, so i maybe had 1/4 c)... coconut milk and i are not friends apparently, so i'm not worried about overdoing it. now to kick turning to the larabars...

i love larabars, but haven't had any in a couple months (used to do 1 a day). they were the one treat i ate for quite a while and i actually didn't feel that bad about it (particularly since i stuck to the ones that only have dates & nuts)....but seemed absurd to pay that much, so i started just buying the dates and nuts separately, in bulk at whole foods--originally with the plan of making my own freakin larabars (never really happened). to use up the supply, i got in the habit of eating a couple dates and a half-handful of nuts in place of the larabar...but for some reason, this "weaned" me off all of it completely (well, except for nuts, which i continue to eat in VERY small quantities--thankfully overeating them is a non-issue for me, because eating a few makes me feel extremely full). anyway, not sure whether this unintended transitional trick will work for you, but might be worth a go.

• 4 months later...

Archived