Sun Butter - Sunflower Spread. Cane Syrup

myhreh

Hi there,

I am on Day 9 and having a bit of a craving for peanut butter. I bought SunButter, but in the ingredient list is dehydrated cane syrup and natural mixed tocopherols (to preserve freshness). Cane syrup sounds a lot like sugar to me, but I just wanted to check. Can anyone tell me if I am correct in my assumption that cane syrup is sugar and therefore, I should not be eating it?

Thanks.

Holly

• Moderators

Craving peanut butter and satisfying the craving with any nut or seed butter is a strategic error. Feeding a craving with anything similar makes the craving stronger and guarantees you will remain under its influence and control. The right thing to do with a craving is to starve it to death. Avoid all nut butters. Eat protein and veggies with any fat but a nut or seed butter. Seriously!

Thanks. As with any craving, it passed. By the time I posted and walked away, I had nearly forgotten it. Thanks for the reminder to not give in to cravings, as that is part of the problem. I knew when I posted, that someone would call me out...thanks; it keeps me honest. 

I appreciate the replies.

Archived