May 20th reintro starts

JillP

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am not sure. i like black beans, but mostly only with rice in a taco shell :). i might skip over legumes until i see something i reeeeeally want. tomorrow night i'm just going to have a glass of red wine, i think. 

i made a list of stuff i miss and it's not nearly as much as i thought it would be. rice, some cheese, tortilla chips. i know i've got to hold off on the tortilla chips for a little bit, but i think that list isn't too overwhelming. i will have one "special" food this weekend - a burger at my favorite place in the whole world in my home town. was thinking of going bun-less with it, but it truly is one of those very rare treat situations, so....

My hubby does' teat pb so I may eat a little but not worry abt it, not a big part of my life either lol. Soy isn't either other than places I didn't realize it was. The occasional soy sauce.

jill - just saw your results, but thought i'd mosey over to this forum to say congrats/great job! 

i lost 8.5 and hubs lost 15.5. typical, right? ha. 

i did lose 5 inches in my waist, which i kind of can't believe and am really excited about. my hips/waist were basically the same when i started, so i am slowly slowly getting a waist, which is thrilling. 

nothing uncompliant yet, but i am pretty sure we're opening a nice bottle of red tonight :)

I tried to have some vanilla almond milk in my coffee this morning but it tasted terrible. Expiration date was today, so maybe it went bad. I may not budge off program until wine o'clock later today. I'm planning on doing legumes first--which includes soy, right? I'm one of those weird people who really likes tofu.

I am here. Never took measurements, but weight has changed a bit. I gained about five pounds after ending my last Whole30 -- my nutritionist finally helped me figure out that it was kombucha that was messing me up. Once I stopped drinking it, the 5 pounds disappeared all at once, or so I think. After that, I have lost about another 2 pounds.

DH says his tummy aches have gone away, which is really good. He has also lost a little weight -- about three pounds. Considering that neither of us was doing any of the portion control that the Whole30 suggests, and we both eat lots of nuts and fruit, I'm not surprised at the limited weight loss for both of us. Either way, it's much better than the slow weight gain we were seeing!

I have also gained significant muscle in the last month. Nothing to prove it except that I can now feel the muscle in my arms, shoulders, and legs. I've been moving DH's household, so have lifted and hauled a zillion things, plus lots of cleaning and other work. I've also done some gardening and worked at the food pantry, with the associated lifting and hauling there, too. Now I need to figure out how to continue to be this active. We have spent each weekend this month working on it, with workdays ranging between 4 hours of activity to well over 12 hours of activity. Of course, that has also meant a significant reduction in sleep time!

Other than that, there are the ongoing comments about my age. Four times in the last few months, people who have never met me before have said they were very surprised when they found out how old I am. The most recent was a couple of weeks ago when someone refused to believe that I am in my 40s -- and I am 47. Part of that has got to be really good moisturizer, but it seems to me that comments like that increased significantly after my dietary changes.

I have no particular plans for reintroduction at this point, and will need to talk to DH about it tonight. Because he has seen a health change, I'd like him to reintroduce foods with an eye to identifying what it was that was causing the problems. I realized that the desire for split pea soup, and the similar desire for refried beans, is really a desire for something that has both a salty flavor and a smooth texture. I'm thinking of trying to make baba ghannouj instead.

ThyPeace, is glad that we're ending now -- DH's sons both graduate in the next two weeks. It will be tough to be perfectly compliant through all the travel and parties that are coming up.

I tried to have some vanilla almond milk in my coffee this morning but it tasted terrible. Expiration date was today, so maybe it went bad. I may not budge off program until wine o'clock later today. I'm planning on doing legumes first--which includes soy, right? I'm one of those weird people who really likes tofu.

i think soy is included with legumes, but the reintro info in the daily emails said some folks choose to reintro soy separately because it can be problematic for some people (separate from beans and pb, etc). i loooooove miso soup, so will probably do that on a different day, and probably before i reintro other legumes since i'm not missing those guys. 

So last night I started getting sick. Super sore throat and body aches. Bummer. Thankfully my mom is here today to help me out. I've indulged in a little high quality dark chocolate covered cherries and bananas. The cherries were worth it, the bananas were not. I think my wine may wait until later when I'm feeling better.

I didn't see you all as a group, but I find it awesome that my days were the same as your all's days :D I'm planning tomorrow, but more so am I looking forwards to post-introduction time because I really want some ice cream ;). I don't have any peanut butter in the house, and I don't like beans. I do have a closed thingie (like a bag? but shaped in a rectangular cube?) for making miso soup in the fridge from before I started... I just hope it's still good since I haven't opened it! Don't feel like buying anything [since I want to stay mostly whole 30 anyway], but I guess I could just go for a can of peas or maybe some pea soup if they sell a box or whatnot? Very curious to see if my body is unable to happily handle any of these foods...

Hi All -- Welcome to Day 31 :-)

did anyone notice that on the Daily W30 email, the section on reintro started with Diary?  The book starts with reintroducing Legumes.  I guess it doesn't really matter as long as its one at a time...  I'm sticking on the W30 until Saturday for a variety of reasons so will start reintro on Sunday -- I'm going wine tasting (and will remember to go slowly!).  I'm also waiting until Saturday for measurements and I hope I have the great results you all are reporting!

I have been listening to a book a friend recommended called the Clean Program -- I haven't gotten far enough into the book to know what the program is, but I think it includes a juice cleanse component to help detox.  He suggests starting with an elimination diet and I found it funny that as I was walking and listening to his list of things to eliminate, I was nodding my head because I've already eliminated that!  He also recommends an elimination of eggs -- I can't imagine getting through the W30 without eggs!  I don't plan to do this program but its interesting to hear a different perspective after investing 30+ days into this one.

I hope you all will share what kinds of signs/symptoms you have when you do reintroduce foods.  I'm curious how one measures a sensitivity to a food beyond the direct stomach ache.

Cheers!

N

Archived