May 20th reintro starts

JillP

I assume any new malaise, such as headache, fatigue, gas, diarrhea, constipation, itching, joint pain, etc that you didn't have whilst on the last two weeks or so? Anything that seems out of the ordinary based on the fact that I think 99% of us are feeling so much better now! I think a person would notice suddenly feeling kinda crappy, so that should be the signal of a sensitivity?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey y'all! i had a glass of wine last night and it kicked up my anxiety. so weird. i've definitely battled anxiety in my life, but it was mostly gone for the duration of the whole30. it wasn't horrible after the wine, but it was definitely there. it was super delicious while i was drinking it, though. other than that, still compliant :)

anyway...i hadn't thought too much about food/nutrition affecting anxiety, but maybe that's a thing? or maybe it's a thing for me? anyone else have experience with this?

I finished my Whole30 yesterday and was very excited to have a taco today -- I had 2 street tacos on corn tortillas and a small size of plain pinto beans. I wish I hadn't had both, but I had to jump back in at some point, right? :) I'm feeling far too good to go crazy, but did want to try reintroducing some things that I really miss. 

Oh and my hubby really doesn't think he is gonna make it through reintro so I asked if he wanted to do gluten next since we already know he has a slight lactose intolerance and then at least he would know, ya know? And he just doesn't understand lol. He was disappointed that we both had some reaction to pintos but again it was slight and not a huge part of our regular diet that we will probably continue on with them.

I had wine last night too and I think it made me want to snack...but I didn't. I have so many veggies still, so I've just had compliant food today, except for stevia in my coffee. I'm not really craving anything else, so I think I'll stay compliant for the most part at least through our move at the beginning of June.

I broke kinda hard, having movie popcorn (non-gluten PLUS soy). But we watched Mad Max and I felt like I needed the crunchy goodness. Yummy, but not as delicious as I remember. Feel OK so far, but will make a little white rice later to see if any change. I still think I'll need a soy day, since I'm not sure just how much soy is in the theater popcorn. Also, y'all need to see that film cuz it was awesome  :wub:

Still compliant yesterday. However, I was talking with someone about a certain restaurant that has the *best* fried pickles (with ranch dressing of course). Must quit thinking about fried pickles and focus on how good I feel!

Making the salmon cakes tonight. Kind of ran out of food today. I don't like that feeling! UGH!

We went to an event at our zoo so had dinner at food carts - as I'm still trying to avoid grains, I was having a bit of trouble finding something suitable that didn't cross multiple categories of no-no food but finally found falafel so I had that (and only that) for dinner - I guess that means I'm still testing out legumes. Hoping I don't have any reaction as I wanted to try ice cream (I mean "dairy") tomorrow. 

Penlynwilson - Did you make salmon cakes with the canned salmon? I love the recipe from Well Fed but was completely grossed out by canned salmon the one time I used it as there were all sorts of (I assume) vertebrae bones that I had to pick out. Now I just make it when we make salmon and I have leftovers. Was curious if there are better brands of canned salmon to buy. 

Penlynwilson - Did you make salmon cakes with the canned salmon? I love the recipe from Well Fed but was completely grossed out by canned salmon the one time I used it as there were all sorts of (I assume) vertebrae bones that I had to pick out. Now I just make it when we make salmon and I have leftovers. Was curious if there are better brands of canned salmon to buy. 

I found some that didn't have bones. They were OK. Probably have the leftovers for breakfast or lunch today. I'll look at the can and post the brand. Also, I couldn't find complaint canned yams/sweet potatoes. They all had multiple types of sugar. Just used a baked sweet potato instead.

I remember my mom making salmon cakes with I'm sure a cheap brand of canned salmon (5 kids, no splurging). We loved eating those bones! We thought that was the best part. Now though, not so much! I've made salmon cakes with leftover grilled salmon and they were incredible. Still compliant except for little bits of sugar creeping in. Went for barbecue for lunch today and let myself have some of the sauce. I think after relaxing a little this weekend I'll go back to 100% compliant next week.

I moved on from legumes to dairy. Might have jumped the gun a little but didn't seem to have any reaction to legumes. Is anyone finding it necessary to wait the two full days in between or do you seem to see reactions right away?

I put whole milk in my coffee this morning. And sugar. I skipped legumes. I feel phlegm-y.

I know we're supposed to be learning to "ride our own bikes" so I'm trying to chill. I just do so much better with a set structure. Coffee, black, ok. Coffee, add a little milk and hey, why not sugar? Ugh.

I didn't find the Whole30 program that horrible once I got into it but suddenly it seems like everything is cheese, bread, or sugar! (Or maybe that was all I ordered for my 5 year old's birthday party today). So tempting! Trying to wait one more day to reintroduce something else. How is everyone doing?

I didn't find the Whole30 program that horrible once I got into it but suddenly it seems like everything is cheese, bread, or sugar! (Or maybe that was all I ordered for my 5 year old's birthday party today). So tempting! Trying to wait one more day to reintroduce something else. How is everyone doing?

I'm really starting to want a lot of things - dairy, bread, etc. My stomach has been a bit messed off which could be for a number of reasons. I hope it isn't the Friday night wine. WHINE! We went out to dinner tonight. The bread they brought to the table looked sooooo gooooood. Then the baked potato came with butter and sour cream (used clarified butter and no sour cream). But, I really really really wanted the sour cream. Ugh. Trying not to blow it with a bunch of non-compliant things at once.

I may add some stevia to my coffee tomorrow.

Well I caved last night and we had pizza. With a big salad. It wasn't bad and I definitely felt fuller faster than I usually would. No real problems with it. I tried some gum today that my daughter had during whole30 that made my mouth water, bleh. I am not gonna stress sugar in things but not going to have desserts at this time but will June 1 at a celebration.

As I've been planning all weekend, tonight's graduation dinner with my stepson was the first bit of noncompliant food.  I had raspberry sorbet that, as near as I can tell, didn't actually have any sugar in it.  I had figured it would, but it was far too tart and bitter to have been sweetened.  With it, I had a couple of bites of hazelnut poundcake.  Wow, was it delicious!  I really enjoyed it. 

Now, of course, I feel quite hungry, but I think I would anyway as supper was a relatively small meal.

DH was introducing dairy today.  That is, until he got to dinnertime -- now he has tested both dairy and wheat.  It will be interesting to see how he feels tomorrow.  I had no interest in the dairy part of the re-introduction, of course.  I keep thinking I should try reintroducing various foods, but eating compliantly just tastes better.  So probably I will be compliant until the graduation dinner next weekend, when I will go off-road again.

I should say that I'm no longer worrying about what exactly is in things like deli turkey, so I suppose I'm not fully compliant that way either.  Which is good because otherwise I would have starved today.  And really, starvation is lower on my list than the Whole30.

ThyPeace, stating the obvious, so needs to go to sleep.

Added 5 drops of liquid stevia to my coffee this morning. It was a bit too sweet! I used to add about double that amount.

Not sure what to try. May wait a couple of days and try wine again.

There's a dahl recipe we *love*. May try that later this week - without the Naan.

Archived