latke recipe?

abbyross

I made latke's the other day with shredded yellow squash, they were delicious. I did squeeze out the extra juice from the squash first, then added a couple eggs, one time I used almond flour, the other coconut flour, both worked fine, about 1/2 cup of almond, or 2 Tbs coconut to help absorb the excess liquid. Plus some salt, powdered garlic and dehydrated onion. I would have used fresh chopped onion but I was trying to deceive my children into thinking they were regular potato latke's, it worked too, they loved them.

My husband got this recipe from ibreatheimhungry.com. We've made them three times. They come together fast and easy and they're delicious!

Makes four 5" latkes

Recipe ingredients:

1 cup shredded zucchini

1 cup shredded sweet potato

1 egg, beaten

1 Tbl coconut flour

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1/4 tsp ground cumin

1/2 tsp dried parsley

Salt & pepper to taste

1 Tbl ghee or clarified butter

1 Tbl EV olive oil

Combine the zucchini, sweet potato and egg in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, mix the coconut flour and spices together. Add the dry ingredients to the zucchini mixture and stir until fully combined. Heat the ghee and olive oil in a medium nonstick pan. Divide the mixture into four equal portions and drop into the pan, pressing down with a fork until a 1/2 inch thick cake is formed. Cook on medium heat until golden and crisp, then flip carefully and cook the other side. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Season with an additional sprinkle of kosher salt. Serve hot.

Approximate nutrition information per latke: 122 calories, 9g fat, 6.25g net carbs, 3g protein

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

I know I'm kinda late to this Latke party, but my recipes is 4 med russets, 1 onion, 1 egg, salt and pepper.   Grate the onion and potatoes together into a dish towel, squeeze out as much liquid as you can into a bowl.  Let it sit for 10 min, then drain, leaving the starch in the bottom.  Add the grated veg, scrambled egg and seasoning and mix.  Heat avocado oil in a cast iron skillet- about 1/4 inch deep.  Add 1/4c drops of mixture, smoothing the top.  Cook for 1-2 min/side, until deep golden brown.  Serve with compliant applesauce.

Leftovers are great the next day with a poached egg and a little horseradish.  

Archived