Day 15 and Never Hungry

I started my first Whole30 on May 4th and so far everything is going really well.   I am just wondering if anyone else is experiencing zero hunger.  i don't wake up hungry in the morning  and have to watch the clock so I know when it is time for the next meal because my stomach is not telling me.   I think if I waited for my body to tell me to eat, it would be at random times throughout the day and not scheduled meal times.  My energy levels are very good.  Is this normal?  Should I be forcing myself to eat lunch or dinner if I am just not hungry?  

• Moderators

Some people don't feel hungry when they maybe should be feeling hungry. When you are doing a Whole30, especially your first one, it is best to go ahead and eat on schedule - within one hour of waking in the morning and then every 4 to 5 hours throughout the day. Follow the meal planning template so that you know you are not eating too little or too much. After a while, your hormones should start working properly and you should begin to experience hunger just before meals. 

http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

Thank you for your reply.   I think I have abused my body with so many diets over the past 30 + years; it is just trying to adapt to not starving!

i will keep at it and keep eating on schedule.  

I'm Day 30 today (YAY!), and I did notice a huge fluctuation in appetite throughout these last 30 days. In the beginning I felt like I could eat forever and then slowly my appetite decreased. By Day 13-17 I noticed very little appetite and I just listened to my body. I adjusted my meals accordingly, always including a palm sized protein with veggies and fats, but I made sure to stop eating when I was full or satisfied. Some days I needed more green veggies, some days I needed less. This helped adjust my appetite and kept my eating on schedule, and eventually I found myself knowing exactly how much food I needed to keep satisfied and keep my moods in check. 

A good idea is to find food you like, and stick to it. Find meals that work for you and entice your appetite, even if you feel like you are being boring. Your meals do not have to look like the beautiful, sophisticated meals that you see in blogs and cookbooks. They just have to be balanced and delicious for YOU. I have 2 fried eggs with chicken apple sausage and mushrooms EVERY MORNING. I don't care for fritatta or egg muffins or anything else. It works for me, I crave it, I eat it. Or if you need variety to keep you interested, then do that too! You'll find your balance and your appetite soon enough,  :)

Archived