My 1st Whole 30 Log - Edgymama

edgymama

Day 17 Wednesday

Meal 1: 3 eggs, kale with black olives and balsamic

Meal 2: kale, homemade taco meat, olives, tomatoes, avocado, baby carrots

Meal 3: chili, black olives, cabbage

Snack: Because of the horrid charlie horses I was having ALL day today I had a banana with a bit of coconut sprinkled on it and a few raw almonds (this combo was delish!)

Day 18 Thursday

Meal 1: 3 eggs cooked in coconut oil for the first time, pretty dang good!, 10 green olives, medium sized cucumber

Meal 2: whole30 chili, carrots, black olives

Meal 3: Taco salad (homemade meat, spinach, tomatoes, compliant salsa, guac cup, black olives)

SNACK: banana, coconut flakes, maybe 6 almonds but then had under a cup of pistachios

NEED to reel in my night time snack habit, although I don't feel shame and I know these are healthy snack choices I need to better evaluate if I am snacking because of hunger or habit (and I am pretty sure it was just for the habit tonight)

Day 19 Friday

Oh my gosh I am almost there! The past couple mornings have been a bit harder to get out of bed, hoping it's just me staying up too late watching tv as I know I am still sleeping super hard! I barely remember my head hitting the pillow once I turn the light out at night.

Meal 1: 3 eggs in coconut oil, mini sweet peppers, green olives, cantaloupe

Meal 2: spinach salad with homemade taco meat, carrots, avocado, balsamic

Meal 3: spinach salad with ground beef and raw peppers, dill and garlic sauerkraut, cantaloupe

Super stressful evening, met a friend at a bar and drank several glasses of fizzy water with lime slices! YAY ME!

Day 20 Saturday 

OMG 10 more days!

Meal 1: 3 eggs, spinach, black olives, prosciutto

Meal 2: spinach, ground beef, black olives, balsamic

Meal 3: 3 eggs, proscuitto, green olives, pickled asparagus

Hardest day so far mostly due to relationship stress but thankfully all worked out ok in both food choices and relationship ;)

Day 21 Sunday

Meal 1: 3 eggs, spinach, black olives, green olives, balsamic

Meal 2: went out to eat!! Got a grilled veggie salad (minus cheese, minus dressing, handed bread stick over to husband's plate neither of us ate it) with sirloin steak and brought in my own balsamic to put on it YUM

Meal 3: spinach salad with curry flavored ground beef, green olives, small fruit salad I made (cantaloupe, blueberries, red grapes)  (another victory I only ate a bit of it and put rest in the fridge because I was full! I usually always have room for fruit salad!)

Day 22 Monday- My Birthday!

Meal 1: 3 eggs, 6 mini sweet peppers, banana with unsweetened coconut all over it

Meal 2: spinach salad with curry ground beef, tomatoes, green olives, carrots

Meal 3: Birthday dinner consisted of proscuitto, almonds, sweet peppers, and a fruit salad of cantaloupe, blueberries, and red grapes and it was fantastic :) 

Finished the night by watching Sixteen Candles with my oldest daughter and trying on clothes (a dress I got just two weeks ago that was snug is now loose already!). 

Day 23 Tuesday

Thanks Erica, you got that right I am feeling amazing! Also got told my skin looked really good and "glowy" yesterday :)

Meal 1: 3 eggs, cucumber, green olives, cantaloupe (this stuff is crazy good right now)

Meal 2: spinach salad with chicken breast, carrots, cukes, green olives (all my dang avocados are too hard to eat still, they need to ripen!)  

Meal 3: spinach salad with curry ground beef, 2-100 calorie cups of guacamole

Snack: cup of pistachios

Again feel the need for the snack was more out of boredom than actual hunger! Need to get a grip on that. If post-whole30 I only do it a couple times a week though I am ok with that as things could be FAR worse. I plan to continue logging my food to make sure I stay on the right path post whole30! 

Day 24 Wednesday

Meal 1: 3 eggs, cucumber with balsamic, 10 black olives (my little guy age 3 stole some of my eggs...may need to start regularly cooking up 4 in a morning haha!)

Meal 2: spinach salad with cuke, baby carrots, and chicken breast, whole avocado

Meal 3: california medley bag of frozen veg (almost ate it all), curried ground beef, black olives, coconut aminos drizzled on top, cantaloupe and blueberries

Snack: cup of pistachios 

So is this truly a bad thing to have a handful of nuts each night?! I don't feel it is but also don't want it to be a slippery slope......

Day 25 (Holy smack day 25!!!) Thursday

Meal 1: 3 eggs, green olives, 7 or 8 mini sweet peppers

Meal 2: spinach, chicken breast, tomatoes, baby carrots, balsamic, cantaloupe

Meal 3: spinach and kale leaves with homemade chicken salad (whole 30 mayo turned out awesome and didn't even bother with room temp thing on the egg! YAY immersion blender!) and tomatoes. 

Day 26 Friday

No snack last night, perhaps because I ate my meal 3 later than normal? My daughter did sit down with pringles while we were playing scrabble and that kind of made me want to grab a snack too, but I paused and realized that nope didn't need one! Sipped my lacroix!

Meal 1: 3 eggs, peppers, black olives

Tummy is SUPER noisy?! Doesn't hurt but it's loud, coworkers even heard it lol.....

Meal 2: kale salad with the homemade chicken salad on it and tomatoes, cantaloupe

Meal 3: spinach salad with homemade chicken salad, about 24 almonds

Day 27 Saturday

Meal 1: sweet peppers, 3 eggs, olives

Meal 2: homemade chicken salad on top of kale

Meal 3: dry baked potato and a dry all veggie salad (out to dinner and forgot my own dressing, surprisingly not bad! Put lots of onions, tomatoes, and cukes on the salad and salt n pepper) came home and had some coconut and almonds

Day 28 Sunday

Was an insanely stressful evening last night. Including a panic attack :( Only got about 3 hours of sleep.

Meal 1: was NOT in the mood to eat at all but forced myself to have mini meal of eggs, olives and peppers (ate much smaller amount than normal)

Meal 2: ate last of my homemade chicken salad on spinach and a few blueberries before heading to a birthday party (was not tempted in the slightest by anything at the party YAY!)

Meal 3: spinach with homemade taco meat, tomatoes, green onions, olives, guac cup (think taco salads are my favorite whole30 meal besides kalua pig haha)

Snack: had one of those dang larabars that have been stashed up in my cupboard. To be fair didn't feel bad one bit about it after my emotional rollercoaster I had last night and today. Was not tempted to have anything else after it either. 

Day 29 Monday

OMG I have done this! Just need to make it through a conference lunch tomorrow and then onto re-intro! WOW! 

Meal 1: still a bit uneasy so maybe ate 2 eggs worth out of my 3 I cooked up, olives, close to two cups of cucumber

Meal 2: spinach taco salad (all the stuff I normally have listed putting on it)

Meal 3: chicken and vegetables and avocado is this the plan!

Thanks ladies! Nothing planned really to celebrate Erica besides the re-intro period haha. I have some dill flavored cheese curds in my fridge for the day I do my dairy re-intro, still keep changing around my re-intro and what I plan to do what day (will prob keep doing that until the days happen ha!) Debating on how badly I want alcohol as it would work out best if I waited to re-intro it on the 27th versus the 20th so really think I need to hold it together and wait on that one even though it would be wonderful to have this weekend  :D

I do plan on enjoying my son's 3rd birthday cake mid-July without guilt! Otherwise I plan on keeping with the whole30 style of eating with just my special splurges on the other food groups (except alcohol, that will prob be an every Saturday thing again......). 

Good for you, having your plan "sort of" in place. We like cheese curds, too. (We're from Wisconsin - what do you expect? :-) ). DH and I have talked about it, and we're probably going to reserve the alcohol for special occasions. Usually Friday night is our date night (which we usually do at home, but it's time together that we reserve for each other) and we have had a drink or two, but we find it disturbs a good nights sleep, so we're looking at alternatives that don't. I intend to enjoy the cheesecake I asked for when my birthday comes around on July 9th, as well.  :)

Sorry been at a conference past two days but here was my Day 30 on Tuesday!

Meal 1: 3 eggs, mini peppers, olives, plate of fresh fruit (when I got to conference)

Meal 2: brought my own taco salad with guac packet

Meal 3: 2 garlic and spinach chicken sausages (OMG Erica these are amazing! My 3 year old loves them too!), spinach and olive salad with balsamic and carrots

Hey, Edgymama. Just wondered how re-intro is going for you.

It's going great Donna! I have a link to my re-intro log on here as well in my signature :) I do dairy tomorrow then my final is gluten early next week (most likely gluten will be a rare thing for me as I already know I am sensitive to it but interested to see what my body does when I have such a pure environment for it....).

Archived