Starting today, May 19th 2015

Hello everyone... first day is today, May 19th 2015 and excited to use Whole30 program.

5 years ago, I lost over 115 lbs but gained 15 back over time. Now I'm "stuck" at 162 zone but it's because I started back into old habits. I AM a slave to treats, emotional eater and loves to eat... everything. I need TOUGH LOVE when it comes to food and healthy habits. I know I can do this but this is the first time without dairy, beans and healthy grains so I'm expecting some challenges. I did clean out all the junk from my kitchen and office. I also asked my husband to hide the scale. Reading the book defiantly made me look within myself and my bad relationship with my scale. Why should my scale dictate if I'm going to have a good day or bad?

I can do this... I can do this... I can do this...

Streetroddergirl- I didn't start with you in this forum but started about same time 5/15.I lost my original group of 4!within the first 10 days...it's tough! Are you still hanging in? Would like a forum with someone committed to the end, in a "gut it out" kinda way! I'm absolutely determined to do this are you?

Sorry to hear about your original group but I'm ABSOLUTELY all in!

Just finishing day 12. Most days I feel in control and pretty confident with my cravings but today I just felt weird emotionally... Frustrated and excluded. Spent the day in the cities with my husband, oldest daughter and her boyfriend. My family is pretty much supportive but at the same time, have no problems pointing out things I can't have but they're enjoying. My daughter had her heart set on trying a pizza place and I couldn't tell her no. Not one single item I could have so when the food came, I went window shopping. I did plan ahead and packed a small cooler with food I could eat but a bag of veggies and cold roast beef is nothing compared to the meat lovers pizza they were eating.

Since they were still full from a later lunch and I was far from satisfied, I stopped at the store and bought myself a T-bone steak, potato and some salad greens for my dinner. Awesome meal but eat by myself.

I'm usually a positive peep so I apologize for being such a sad, lonely downer today... just needed to get that crude out. Tomorrow I'll be back.

New day... Lucky 13!

No bad luck or negativity today!! I'm already excited to make breakfast with my leftover T-bone steak and have a nice peaceful Sunday morning with my husband. Weather reports say sunny and 68 today, perfect for working in my garden and grilling up some food.

Sunday's have always been favorite to plan my meals and prep for the week so it wasn't a big step for me in the Whole30 challenge but this Sunday, I'm prepping mentally for the week. I haven't exercised much since starting the challenge so I'm making that a priority this week. Every day I walk but I need to kick it up so I'm planning to do something different every day this week.

Happy start of a new week everyone!!!

Anything new you're trying this week or motivating you that you want to share... I would love to hear it.

I'm roasting a chicken, roasted butternut squash, made fresh mayo, cut a watermelon and a papaya and boiled a dozen eggs. Nothing like Sunday afternoon! ;)

I started the workout last Monday- 3 days of weights and 3 days of cardio. I am cheating by tracking my food! Confession-time; however..... I have a new Fitbit Charge HR that is really great and it links to fitness pal app which I like tracking with. I have NOT been on the scale which is super hard for me, I had my husband hide it actually!!

I also made mayo today too. Last week was a failed attempt but I bought a small blender and tried again, that worked!! My husband loves mayo but he gets terrible acid reflex from it. He gave it a thumbs up on taste and so far, no issues. DOUBLE SUCCESS! :)

Archived