Start date June 1

Elissa W

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think i bought the wrong olive oil for mayo and now i don't know what to do with it.

i know we were'nt to get extra virgin so i got pure. and when i got home i see my old label was "extra light tasting".

this stuff is gross. and my mayo is awful.

i'm also extra grumpy bc of a relationship ending in a horrible dragged out strung along way. why can't people just say "it's not working" instead of the slow fade and the excuses about work and the apologies and all that bs? wtf. if you don't have time, you don't have time. don't use that as an excuse if what you mean is don't have time FOR ME. i am just so mad.

however, i have NOT even thought about emotionally eating. and i did entertain having some whisky last night but only  because i needed to get some sleep.

but i did not. so there's that. OMG i am so mad at having been played for a fool by a cowardly man who must think he's still 12.

OMG i am so mad at having been played for a fool by a cowardly man who must think he's still 12.

Do like a dog would - kick some grass over that sh*t, and move on..... you deserve better than that, and Whole30 is the start of it...

yep. his box of shit goes outside tonight and he gets a pic of it there on the steps saying he better come get it before someone else does.

already blocked him on fb and will delete his number after that.

the truth just came out last night so it's still a bit fresh.

mollycase I'm smack dab in the middle of a divorce that's not of my choosing AND my soon-to-be-ex is still living here. We can do this. For me, feeling emotions is hard but I need to break the habit of eating them away, and that's part of why I'm doing this program. Can't feel the good if I never feel the bad! 

I'm sorry you're going through a shitty time! 

i think i bought the wrong olive oil for mayo and now i don't know what to do with it.

i know we were'nt to get extra virgin so i got pure. and when i got home i see my old label was "extra light tasting".

this stuff is gross. and my mayo is awful.

Warm some up and soak your nails in it, a most luxiorious manicure!

ugh that's even worse misshannah!

i'm just so angry. i wasted two months of my life on some sad bag of crap who can't even. after hvaing the best 3 months of my life ever. what a jerk.

at least i don't eat when i get angry! the being sad was harder.

ugh that's even worse misshannah!

i'm just so angry. i wasted two months of my life on some sad bag of crap who can't even. after hvaing the best 3 months of my life ever. what a jerk.

at least i don't eat when i get angry! the being sad was harder.

mollycase & misshannah - looking good is the best revenge! Stay the course, because YOU are worth it!

i'm also extra grumpy bc of a relationship ending in a horrible dragged out strung along way. why can't people just say "it's not working" instead of the slow fade and the excuses about work and the apologies and all that bs? wtf. if you don't have time, you don't have time. don't use that as an excuse if what you mean is don't have time FOR ME. i am just so mad.

however, i have NOT even thought about emotionally eating. and i did entertain having some whisky last night but only  because i needed to get some sleep.

but i did not. so there's that. OMG i am so mad at having been played for a fool by a cowardly man who must think he's still 12.

For you.  vvv

Hi All!

...and we embark on week 2!!! Congrats to everyone!

Over the weekend - hubby bailed - it was just too much for him. He is still doing the meals with me and being very supportive, up to the point when he wants a beer or bourbon. Oh well. At least he is "in" on the food and the prep.

And my work buddy bailed - she has a lot of travel this month - we still make each other go to the gym during the day, so I'll keep her around.

Hubby and I biked 14.5 miles on Saturday and hiked 3+ miles Sunday, so that was nice.

Things I did to support healthy choices on my W30:

1. Joined a CSA - Community Supported Agriculture, they deliver 8 items to me fresh from the farm every week, it has me trying new things and keeping food interesting.
  2. Sleep - going to bed at 10, no TV, just calming music. (I have to have noise in the background because of ringing in my ears. Rumor has it, that may go away)
  3. Told Friends - so many of them are checking in with me every few days, great encouragement!
  4. Post here - Y'All are FAB!!!
  5. Subscribe to the 30 days of email, I love the little "present" when I log another successful day! Day 7 - NPH = priceless!
  6. Oh yea - and I stopped smoking too, cold turkey.

If it is worth doing, it is worth doing well.

Food over the weekend also included frittata, I clarified butter - that was kinda fun, egg salad on butter lettuce with radishes and tomatoes, butternut squash soup - making that again, made the W30 sausage but used fresh sage instead - Jimmy Dean has officially been fired! ...And found W30 compliant bacon at the local farm market - well, I think it is, double checking against the list tonight before I cook any of it. But NO sugar!

Ready to CRUSH week 2!

#6... you stopped smoking cold turkey!!!??  I read that and got tears in my eyes.  SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU ;)  Stay Strong!

Hi All!

Haven't posted for a bit- been busy with volunteer work and my nieces.  The last couple of days have been rough.  I found out on F

Thursday that I am allergic to eggs which have been my main protein source because of affordability.  This also means no mayo, which really, really, really stinks because I was eating it with so many things.  Eggs are (were) one of my favorite foods- egg salad, deviled eggs, fried, scrambled, etc.  So versatile as well as economical.  Our budget for food is pretty small and includes all household supplies so it's been very stressful.  

I, too have felt like giving up because I already had so many allergies/sensitivities to food.  It's hard to be even more restricted, and have to deal with financial limitations as well.  We live in an area where organic, natural foods are not readily available and what is available is ridiculously expensive.  It is seen here as trendy and luxury items and is priced as such.  Our farmer's markets are ridiculous, there are 2 different ones and they each generally have less than 10 vendors who all use conventional methods ie; major pesticide/herbicide use along with GMO seed.  I have to be very careful because of all the problems I already have with food.

It's just discouraging and since I already had to restart after 15 days on program due to drinking almond milk with carrageenen.  Also the fact that I am not feeling the extra energy and my sinus issues have not gotten better although I am eating entirely compliant foods all the time.

On the plus side, my joints ache less, I am never hungry between meals and my skin is incredibly soft.  Those are definitely good things.  I am very grateful and pleased, I just wanted to see something more after what really amounts to 3 weeks.

Ugh, this has been a really whiny post.  I'm sorry about that, I just feel disappointed and down about the new challenges.

Vnewtnew

Sorry about what you're going thru I'm sure you'll find a solution which works for you

As far as egg allergies I haven't answers but did you try eating leftovers for M1? It's ok to do that

It might help you stretch it out a bit

Don't give up on yourself

Of course you'll make it with compliant

http://www.paleoplan.com/2011/10-14/3-ways-to-cope-with-an-egg-allergy/

#6... you stopped smoking cold turkey!!!??  I read that and got tears in my eyes.  SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU ;)  Stay Strong!

awww, shucks! Thanks!  I looked at it this way - starting to be healthy and take care of myself. Didn't look at the stopping stuff - if I focused on that I probably would have fallen apart by now.

As far as egg allergies I haven't answers but did you try eating leftovers for M1? It's ok to do that

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.  I do eat leftovers about 90% of the time.  The real problem is what to replace the eggs with.  I have food sensitivities to corn, beef and chicken, but only the factory farmed type because they are fed primarily corn in the last weeks of their lives.  I'm ok with 100% pastured beef and chicken, but at $10 and up per pound, it's not possible for us.

I had to buy the regular chicken the other day because I had no choice and I've been paying for it since- major sinus issues, and gastric upset.  

I am glad to have given up the sugar and bread etc.  Once I realized how much I depended on them it felt good and right to be free of them and I don't have those cravings anymore.  It's just that I'm stuck for protein.

Tried kumbatcha today. Pass. Did not like. Nope, not one little bit. :P

Can I like this twice?!?!  I'm not foodie enough either.  Not nearly.

Throat Coat tea...available at Target in the tea aisle, not with lozenges (of which, might I say, who made warm apple pie flavor?!?! evilness.  I had to tell myself they probably taste like those horrible pies from the Golden Arches just to keep them out of my basket to try later because that would just be silly) for your future reference should anyone need something to sooth a sore throat.  It does seem to be helping a little and does not taste like kombucha so there is a plus.  I feel like it's about as effective as a lozenge though, great with initial application but not as long lasting as I would like.  I did manage to get some of my lunch in, so that's a plus.

I am NOT going down the tubes for a throat lozenge though.  Of all the indignities. 

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.  I do eat leftovers about 90% of the time.  The real problem is what to replace the eggs with.  I have food sensitivities to corn, beef and chicken, but only the factory farmed type because they are fed primarily corn in the last weeks of their lives.  I'm ok with 100% pastured beef and chicken, but at $10 and up per pound, it's not possible for us.

I had to buy the regular chicken the other day because I had no choice and I've been paying for it since- major sinus issues, and gastric upset.  

I am glad to have given up the sugar and bread etc.  Once I realized how much I depended on them it felt good and right to be free of them and I don't have those cravings anymore.  It's just that I'm stuck for protein.

How about fish? Sardines are good first thing in the morning, or mackerel is another favourite of mine, tuna is also good - and most importantly they're all affordable choices of protein...

How about fish? Sardines are good first thing in the morning, or mackerel is another favourite of mine, tuna ia also good - and most importantly they're all affordable choices of protein...

Oh my goodness, thank you!!!  I don't know why fish didn't occur to me... possibly because we don't eat it very much.  I've never been good at cooking it well- it's either hard and dry or kind of rubbery.  I feel like an idiot, to be honest.  I have an allergy to seafood, but used to love it so I don't go to that section of the store but I can absolutely get over there now.  Tuna is one of my favorites but I've had trouble finding compliant around here, it all has soy.  I will have to go a little farther afield, but it will be worth it to stay on track.

I can't thank you enough for this reminder.  I must be having brain freeze because I've been so stressed lately.  It's also that time of the month- never a good combo,lol!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! 

Archived