HI! I'm in high school so every morning when i wakeup i eat a good breakfast at around 7:15-ish but then at about 10:45 i have to eat lunch because that's when my scedule says it is. i can't really eat in another class because i have no time. this wouldn't be that much of a problem but 1)i'm not overly hungry by that time and 2)when i get home (about 3:30-ish) i am STARVING! i need an afterschool snack! any ideas?? i would still eat a normal whole30 dinner like i would without school so it doesn't need to be a huge meal! thank you! i would also like to avoid nuts and fruit because i feel like they awake my sugar dragon (:

I would suggest a mini meal--something along the lines of a hardboiled egg or two, some veggies like carrot sticks and celery sticks with a compliant dip--ranch dressing made with homemade mayo or mashed avocado. You could also do some chicken instead of the eggs or a meat patty. I would suggest having some snacks pre-prepped so you can grab them as soon as you get home. 

The first two require a little prep work, but you can make them over the weekend and enjoy all week!

I like to make a dip with chopped cherry tomatoes, avocado, olive oil, basil, salt, pepper, chopped green onion, and a little vinegar or lemon juice. It tastes even better the second day. I like to eat it on zucchini or celery slices, or a scoop wrapped in a romaine lettuce leaf. When you finish whole30, it is even more delicious with feta cheese in it. If you need an exact recipe try searching avocado feta tomato dip.

Pesto (without cheese) spread along a slice of zucchini cut lengthwise, then wrapped around a cherry tomato. 

I also like a few mini meatballs and some baby carrots as a  snack. There's lots of good recipes for paleo meatballs on the web. You can make one batch and then freeze what you don't think you will use soon and just take out and heat up as needed.

Roasted sweet potatoes are also a favorite. Unless you want to wait 20 minutes for them to cook, I suggest cooking them part way through in the microwave, then cut, drizzle with olive oil and seasoning, and pop in the toaster to get crispy.

You can also make sweet potato chips in the microwave and it takes very little time (and they even get crispy!)

Archived