Start date June 1

kclark1123

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is my start date! I went to whole foods this past weekend and stocked up on the non veggies/meats etc (coconut oil, Tessemaes salad dressing etc). I found Pederson Farms sugar free compliant bacon as well. Im so excited. I already have my week 1 meal plans planned out. Maybe Im a little too excited....I wish I wouldnt have picked a start date of June 1st because I want to start now but dont have the groceries yet. Next week! Yayyyy

Also starting on June 1! Planned out a grocery list and am going to do an OAMC cook session on Saturday so all I have to do is pull from the freezer, microwave and eat. Today I'm going to go through the freezer/fridge and pantry and do some cleanout of expired stuff, which is a perfect opportunity to make sure the off-plan stuff that I like to eat is hidden somewhere. This is the perfect time of year for me since school is over (I'm a substitute teacher), and there aren't any holidays/family birthdays in the next month to cause awkwardness. 

My husband isn't doing whole30 aside from eating what I make for dinner (though he may add some non-W30 stuff to his). 

Biggest struggle for me will be drinking enough water since I never ever drink it (big soda drinker here---lots of Dr. Pepper lol)---Though I think I'll be ok if I keep a pitcher of homemade iced tea and a pitcher of water with fruit in it in the fridge. We'll see. 

Am currently preparing my first week's shopping list, as I too, am going to start on June 1!

I have 3 small children who will be eating mostly whole30 (though more meals) and perhaps a few addins, if I feel they need them. My husband also, has decided to join with me .... this I'm excited about - the whole family on board! :wub:

Water is the biggest thing for me .... and giving up my sugary dairy drinks.

it's only 30 days, right?! :lol:

Starting June 1st too! I did the 21 day sugar detox a while back but slipped back into old habits and I'm looking to break the cycle. Planning meals this week, doing the big grocery shop this weekend. I've been trying to slowly eliminate certain things over the past two weeks so it's not a cold turkey change come 6/1. I still have had milk in my coffee and I've had cheese on my salads (feta) but I'm close. My husband is currently on Jason Vale's 28 day juice program and he's seen huge improvements (I don't think I have the willpower to be on a liquid diet). He's going to join me as he wraps up his program and eases back into more traditional whole foods. Our kids are going to be going along for the ride for the most part with us. They are young enough to not fully realize what's happening but we're also not going to prevent them from having treats from time to time if it should come up. It's just not going to be part of their daily meals.

I think the biggest challenge for me will be mental. I've had big struggles with weight this past year (massive weight gain post pregnancy with zero reason - no change in diet, have only increased activity, gone through multiple thyroid checks and all doctors can say is "I'm fine") and I've been battling autoimmune problems for years. I'm done feeling less than healthy. I remember how great I felt on the 21 day sugar detox so I'm using that memory to keep my eyes on the prize.

I’ll be starting June 1 too! This will be my 2nd Whole30, which I really, really need. I completed my first round in March 2015 but after a month or two, got sucked right back into the sugar dragon’s fire :( I felt and saw the best results after completing the Whole30, this program was exactly what I had been looking for… something that would detox and reset my body WITH food and not just a juice cleanse or whatever. I definitely felt the tiger blood energy, which was a huge change from being constantly tired and wanting to nap.

I’m excited, but as someone else said before, kind of dreading it because it’s not just a walk in the park. Currently, I’m preparing by ordering my probiotics, making a grocery list, then on Sunday 5/30, I’m going to complete the big grocery trip and meal prep for the upcoming week. Good luck to you all!

Hi From Newfoundland Canada!
My spouse & I are looking forward to starting on June 1 and working on our prep now!  I too have been trying different things this past week in my prep and already feel more informed from reading the content on this site!  Looking forward to hearing how you all do....Are any of you considering purchasing Whole30Daily?  I think I will given that it's my first ever "food reno" and I can tell by the sample they would be super supportive.  Any of you repeating the program use them during your first run at it?

Thanks!  
Hope everyone has a great experience with it! :-)

K

Currently, I’m preparing by ordering my probiotics, making a grocery list, then on Sunday 5/30, I’m going to complete the big grocery trip and meal prep for the upcoming week. 

Our son is getting christened on Sunday with everyone coming back to our house for the party, so I probably will do all the prep cooking I can on Saturday, and then have a "last hurrah" on the 31st, ha ha ha boo hoo. 

Hi all!  I'm starting on June 1st too - have just finished reading It Starts With Food and I'm excited and terrified at the same time. Pleased to have the resources and support on this website/forum.  Glad we're all on the 'journey' together :)

Looking forward to this. My wife did it partially with me last time, but not 100%; plus she is cooking for the kids. For me it was impossible to totally clean out the fridge and panty of the naughty stuff because the rest of the family eats it and I don't want to be a jerk about what I eat and what  they eat. I found the best thing to do was have my own shelf in the pantry and fridge and I tried not to peak at the garbage on the other shelves :).  Generally, with Whole 30, most of our food will be in the fridge. Outside of almonds and coconut flakes, not to much legal stuff survives outside the fridge. 

I will say, I found it to be totally worth the sacrifice. Your body will feel great.

Dave

Hi all,  I'm starting on June 1st as well.  I've been reading through everything on the website, and making plans all week.  We have a huge family party Saturday, and then I will be shopping and prepping food on Sunday.  Looking forward to having a place to check in with others who are going through the same process.  :)

Also starting June 1st! I have a list of things to buy from the store & although I have a busy weekend, I plan on cleaning out the fridge and buying all the goodies on Sunday. I had a similar quick change when I was diagnosed with Celiac disease, so I hope to adjust fairly quickly.

I am terrified. But very excited.  :D

Considering starting June 8th as it's my birthday on the 5th and my childrens birthday (twins) On the 7th. I need to do this as I have fibromyalgia and in so much pain most of the time. I will be 44 next month and life's too short to be in constant pain.

So excited!

What is your Day 1 looking like? Did you plan what you're going to eat?

I planned to do the Egg Frittata with Spinach, Tomates and Mushrooms, for lunch and dinner it's probably going to be some kind of salad with roasted sweet potato and chicken.

Also want to try the home-made Mayofor these salads.

I love sweet potatoes and spinach, so I am eager to try all kinds of recipes with these!!

Are any of you considering purchasing Whole30Daily?

I purchased the Whole30Daily my first time around and I highly recommend it! It definitely kept me on track and allowed me to know what to expect day by day. I'm going to go back to each day of my emails for my 2nd Whole30.

I will be starting on June 1st as well.  I have done Paleo AIP for almost a year and fell off the wagon hard.  I NEED to get back on track to keep my health in check.  I am not in this for the weight loss (although I could stand to loose a few pounds and would not be the least bit upset with a positive side effect like that. LOL!)  I have multiple auto immune disorders and am taking the holistic approach to healing.  I am not going to commit to medications to "manage" my disorders and I know that food works because I have been AIP for a year.  Stress is a constant in my life and I am addicted to food to help me cope with stressful situations.  I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!!!  I cant seem to get enough of it!  LOL!  I am hoping to slay that dragon and move on with my life.  Thank you for this forum and for the guidance to get me through this journey. :)

Archived