Starting May 26

pennylane14

Hi all,

I'm starting my 4th Whole30 on May 26 (the day after Memorial Day). I'll be visiting friends in Nashville this weekend, and know I'll want to have a biscuit and a cocktail!

My past Whole30s have been great (and each one has been a little easier . . .), but I always slip back into bad habits after. I've been feeling tired lately, and am about to start a new workout regime, so this couldn't come at a better time. Plus, I turn 30 in August and would like to celebrate with a healthy lifestyle!

Who's in for a post-Memorial Day start?!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomorrow's the day! Did anyone have a prep day? I got back a bit later than expected, and luckily had mainly Whole30 things in the house, so I whipped up some crack slaw (a WW recipe I've tailored to be Whole30) and cooked some zucchini. Here's what tomorrow's looking like:

M1: either eggs with sundried tomatoes and spinach, zucchini OR leftover ground beef with sweet potato noodles and marinara sauce and zucchini

M2: crack slaw and avocado

M3: likely the ground beef and sweet potato noodle concoction again. 

My goals:

1. Slay the sugar dragon

2. Control cravings and binges

3. sleep better and have more energy

4. lose weight/inches

We can do this!

Started today, it's my second W30. I wanted to comment to yogger that I HAD an insane sweet tooth, I could not go a day with sweets. I absolutely best that devil during my first W30, it's like kicking a real drug addiction - but I don't care about cake now. It's shocking to me. So good luck to you (and me).

Welcome everyone! Feel free to share your meal plans or awesome recipes. Here's the recipe to that crack slaw:

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2075345

Subbed coconut aminos for the soy sauce, left out the stevia. I should note that I haven't eaten this yet, so it could be terrible, haha.

Excited to have a good group of folks to go through this with! 

Here's a question--what will you ask yourself if you feel like cheating? Previously, I would ask myself if XYZ was worth $20 (the amount I'd spent on the book and the emails). In subsequent Whole30s, I would remind myself of the terrible stomach pains I get when I eat off-plan at first. 

I started this AM. I had read about this a couple of years ago and did not try it. I need a reset and this seems interesting. I have been listening to the ISWF book. 

Breakfast: eggs with avocado and lettuce, beat and carrot juice, black coffee

Snack: baby carrots, blueberries

Lunch: greek salad from W30 book, with shrimp

I'm starting today! I've made several attempts over the past 2 years, my longest lasting 7 days. I always have an excuse to give up. But not this time! 

For breakfast this morning I had 2 eggs with onions and sweet mini bell peppers in coconut oil. 

I want to get healthier, and feel better! I'm definitely excited for the changes this will be bring! 

Here are my reasons for doing it:

1) Change my relationship with food. I don't want to have the "stuffed" feeling after meals. I don't want to "need" dessert every day. I don't want to mindlessly snack in the evenings.

2) Clear up my skin

3) Increase my energy

4) Heal my gut

Hi, all! I'm starting today and am just crossing my fingers that I don't get the exhaustion on days 6-7 as per the timeline (Pennylane, did you find that your experiences followed the timeline after your first W30? This is my second one and I'm excited to get going but can't afford to be a mess next Sunday... culminating event for the past several months of work and I'd like to be in at least decent shape).

Looking forward to following everyone's progress!

For those of you on the first time, congrats for diving in! This is really an incredible program.

Here's a question--what will you ask yourself if you feel like cheating? Previously, I would ask myself if XYZ was worth $20 (the amount I'd spent on the book and the emails). In subsequent Whole30s, I would remind myself of the terrible stomach pains I get when I eat off-plan at first. 

For me in the first W30 I found the best strategy was just distraction - I'd hear the craving but just do something else rather than try to grapple or reason with it. But I like the question - helps keep XYZ in perspective.

Hi Everyone,

I started yesterday but would love to join your group….sounds like everyone is very motivated and understands the importance of support.  My goal for this Whole30 experience is to get control of my sugar and carb addiction!  Also want to increase my energy and general well being.

My day 1 was good…it went as follows:

Meal 1:  Scrambled eggs, mushrooms, red peppers, and broccoli along with some strawberries (prepared the eggs with ghee and the veggies with coconut oil).

Meal 2:  Protein salad (chicken, celery, green grapes, toasted almonds and compliant mayo) served over a bed of greens and an apple.

Meal 3:  Walnut crusted pork tenderloin served over a bed of arugula.

No snacks which was a HUGE accomplishment for me.

Plans for day 2 are as follows:  FYI dealing with a very slight headache today…i"m sure it's withdrawal from sugar and carbs.  Just drinking lots of water to help get through the headache.

Meal 1:  Leftover walnut crusted pork tenderloin with mushrooms, red peppers, and broccoli prepared with coconut oil.

Meal 2:  Leftover Protein salad served over a bed of greens with some strawberries.

Meal 3:  Pulled pork carnitas served with cauliflower rice.

Hope everyone has a great day!

I'm starting my first Whole30 today also!! I'm excited & nervous! Excited for the hopeful changes it will make in my health & nervous because I use grains as my "go-to" comfort foods when I'm not feeling well. I have chronic Lyme disease, so I have poor health days more often than not. I also use Orgain protein shakes to get me through rough spells with my health, so pretty nervous not to have those! My Husband is doing this with me to hopefully lose weight & improve his health, so I'm happy to have a sidekick :)

Hi, all! I'm starting today and am just crossing my fingers that I don't get the exhaustion on days 6-7 as per the timeline (Pennylane, did you find that your experiences followed the timeline after your first W30? This is my second one and I'm excited to get going but can't afford to be a mess next Sunday... culminating event for the past several months of work and I'd like to be in at least decent shape).

Looking forward to following everyone's progress!

For those of you on the first time, congrats for diving in! This is really an incredible program.

Good question--no, my experiences didn't follow the timeline the second time around (and I don't recall if they really followed the first time around). I know I wasn't as tired in the first few days and didn't have the carb flu like I did the first time around. 

Another goal of mine this go-round is not relying on nuts and larabars, including nut butters. I will only use nuts as a condiment (adding crunch to something) and won't buy larabars at all. This has been a big issue for me before (as in I'd eat four larabars in one sitting), so I'm making this a strict rule for myself. 

I'm starting my first Whole30 today as well!

I too am overwhelmed and nervous but reading this forum reminded me why am doing this. So, thank you all! My reasons include:

1. I have battled terrible allergies my whole life and would love some relief that isn't in pill form. I fear being so reliant on medication as my wife and I try to get pregnant.

2. I would love to have a healthier relationship with food; one that is not driven by a cycle of deprivation and guilt. 

I am so excited to be on this journey with all of you. I am not sure what I will do tonight to celebrate my day 1 accomplishment without a glass of red wine but I'm excited to find out. 

Good afternoon! My husband and I have started Whole30 today for the first time. We are doing it for two reasons:

#1 - To repair my relationship with food. I tend to binge eat late in the afternoon. Also, I tend to drop weight, get cocky, eat what I want and put it on.

#2 - Repair my gut. I have horrid issues with "dumping"

#3 - My husband has RA and he said "It can't hurt" last night. (Though, if you saw the fit he had when he found out you can't have peanut butter, you would have laughed.)

So far so good for me. You won't see my hubby post on here ever, but I can relay info to him if you want me too...  ;)

~Amanda

Hi there! I started today as well. It is my first Whole30 and my husband and I are doing it together. We are hoping to get our healthy life back on track. He also has inflammation and joint problems and I have recently been diagnosed with Hashimotos so we are helping this new relationship with food will help. Good luck to you all! It's nice to know you all are here!

Hi all.

I started this morning.  I have completed 1 full Whole30 and have done many minis:  Whole7, Whole 14, etc.

It's been a while, but I'm planning on making this one a Whole30!

Here's looking forward to a fantastic 30 days.

I'm in, too! Starting today. My first Whole 30 and I'm FREAKING and harboring a low-grade panic about not having coffee & alcohol!

Coffee!?  You can have coffee!  Just not with any sugar or dairy.  I've been drinking mine with coconut milk since my first Whole30 way back in 2013.

Archived