Starting May 26

pennylane14

Hi all,

Happy Day 24! I admit, I too was feeling a bit discouraged this go-round. Haven't really felt the tiger blood, and didn't feel like my body was responding. All of that has changed in the last few days--at least my body has responded. I can tell that my waist is getting smaller and my middle area just seems to be slimming down. 

We're so close to the end!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 25, we've got this! I continue to plug away each day....just in the last few days I've lost count and really had to think, what day am I on. When I started this journey wasn't real confident I could stick to the program. What was going to make this program different and keep me motivated to the finish? I can say that my motivation has been my NS victories that I've achieved along the way. I love how I feel. I haven't had this much energy since I had major surgery last fall (I had to have have 1/3 of my large and 1/4 of my small intestines removed). The surgery was a complete shock to me. I had no symptoms and was feeling perfectly fine and simply having my routine preventative colonoscopy when they discovered a 4" mass. As you can imagine the surgery saved my life but it also turned my world upside down. This program has allowed me to focus on getting back into shape after some pretty serious medical issues. Thank you Whole30!

With regards to reintroduction I think I'm going to keep on as I am until Sept 1st. This is the date of my annual Dr. appt. and I want to be in the best possible shape for that appointment.

Continue on everyone...you've all been an inspiration to me.

Has anyone truly experienced the "more energy" part?  I am definitely LESS tired (and I suppose that is MORE energy) but not anywhere near where I expected!  

The eating I have down...I am not snacking, really have no cravings, am less and less hungry between meals, etc

But I also haven't been working out really at all...when i started I was walking my daughters school while waiting for pick up almost every day (2miles) and then was so busy with the last week of work/school that I didn't do much....then we have been to the gym once to work out!...I move around a lot, run errands, clean house, but not truly worked out.

I just spent an hour in my yard pulling weeds and cleaning flower beds and was so exhausted mentally that I could barely eat.  My body isn't sore just my head wasn't all there.  By now I would think I'd be filling great! 

Heading to the pool to do some laps and soak up some sun but how is everyone else doing?

Day 25, we've got this! I continue to plug away each day....just in the last few days I've lost count and really had to think, what day am I on. When I started this journey wasn't real confident I could stick to the program. What was going to make this program different and keep me motivated to the finish? I can say that my motivation has been my NS victories that I've achieved along the way. I love how I feel. I haven't had this much energy since I had major surgery last fall (I had to have have 1/3 of my large and 1/4 of my small intestines removed). The surgery was a complete shock to me. I had no symptoms and was feeling perfectly fine and simply having my routine preventative colonoscopy when they discovered a 4" mass. As you can imagine the surgery saved my life but it also turned my world upside down. This program has allowed me to focus on getting back into shape after some pretty serious medical issues. Thank you Whole30!

With regards to reintroduction I think I'm going to keep on as I am until Sept 1st. This is the date of my annual Dr. appt. and I want to be in the best possible shape for that appointment.

Continue on everyone...you've all been an inspiration to me.

Wow, Jean. Congratulations on turning things around after the nasty surprise of diagnosis and surgery! Glad to know the W30 has already made a difference!

Has anyone truly experienced the "more energy" part?  I am definitely LESS tired (and I suppose that is MORE energy) but not anywhere near where I expected!  

Heading to the pool to do some laps and soak up some sun but how is everyone else doing?

My sleeping still hasn't quiet settled, so I'm in the same situation - steadier overall energy but definitely no tiger blood! But I entered this stretch knowing that it was one of the hardest and most stressful work months ever for me, so basically I was looking to W30 just to keep me sane and as balanced as possible (which it has!). 

• Administrators

Well, I've gotten up to around 6 but I can't seem to get past that.  It isn't that I'm unable to sleep.  When I get to bed, I sleep like a rock. It's just getting to bed. :-( In any case, I still feel better and I can only imagine how I'll feel with more sleep!

The inability to get into bed on time can be partially (or fully) linked back to out of balance hormones.  The hormone cortisol should be highest in the morning and steadily diminish throughout the day until bedtime.  Having a reverse situation will give you a "second wind" in the evening that makes going to bed seem unappealing.

The level best way to deal with this is to make sure that you are eating a full template breakfast within an hour of waking every single morning.  Eating this breakfast signals to your body that it's "Awake Time" and eventually the cortisol will balance out and you'll have a proper hormonal schedule.  Also, eliminate any eating after dinner time.  When cortisol is balanced, your body should be winding down for sleep and you should not be hungry.  Feeling "snacky" or like you need "something" is a high sign that your hormones are wacky and these urges should be ignored; making sure, of course, that you've had a properly sized dinner.

Check out these articles for some sleep hygiene tips too:

http://whole9life.com/2014/09/improve-your-sleep/

http://whole9life.com/2014/09/improve-sleep-quality/

So I will be flying tomorrow ALL day.  I leave my house around 5:30am and wont be landing in Boston until 4 their time....I am packing snacks for the plane ride b/c I don't know what the airport food or my time will be like...

Packed:

Celery and Carrots with Paleo avacado ranch

Dried cranberries (sweetened with apple juice)

walnuts and almonds

Organic Almond butter

Coconut creme Larabar

Toasted unsweetened cocount

Plan on buying at the airport:

Bottle water

Protein pack at Starbucks or Hard Boiled eggs

Fresh fruit

Anything quick and easy anyone can think of?  I don't do canned meat so Tuna or Salmon are out, and I don't do dried meat so any type of jerky is out

I don't plan on eating it all but since I can't chew gum while flying I am trying to find alternate ways to help with the pressure and will be after day 30 on the flight home but wanted to have easy healthy snacks/

Hello All,

We are almost done, Yah!!!! However, I am in the process of relocating from Detroit to California for a job promotion. So, by the time we move, the 30 days will be done. However, I flew into California this morning to select a rental house. It took two flights but the only thing available to eat was a fruit plate. I ate it and I happened to have a packet of tuna, so the flight attendant was nice enough to place it on my plate. I wish I'd planned for this. I'm sitting in my hotel feeling hungry. I ordered prime rib and veggies, but the cake on the dessert menu is calling. I'm ignoring the call, because I'm too close to the end. But, it is a challenge. I'm so glad to be able to read everyone's post. You've helped me stay true to the cleanse. I haven't had the energy burst that is supposed to happen. But, I noticed that my tolerance has improved greatly. I marched through two airports today and one was forced to make a couple of laps, because I was lost. But, I didn't faint, my a-fib didn't start and I'm not exhausted. So, something's improved. I'm encouraged. Thanks everyone!!!

Hi All,

Can't believe day 28 is here! I've realized I've consumed so much fruit on this Whole30--the first one I've done in the summer with all the seasonal fruit so I'm not too concerned. That being said, I likely introduced sugar yesterday (popsicles that were said to only have real fruit and ice in them, and after I'd consumed half the woman said "oh, and we add sweetener like agave too", it was literally just the like Whole30 example of your mom saying a salad dressing was sweetened with honey after you eat it). The result? Well, let's just say sugar has a, um, laxative effect. My stomach has not been happy for the last 24 hours. Ugh. 

So, sugar will stay out of my reintroduction for the larger part of the next few weeks. And I'm going to go easy on fruit (wahhhh) to get things back in check with my stomach. 

How's everyone feeling about reintroduction? I admit I'm feeling good, but concerned that the first glass of wine will make me spiral into all the snacks. I'm also really trying to get to the root of my cravings and binge-eating tendencies (last night I had to really talk myself down from just digging into a huge bag of pistachios with reckless abandon).

Day 30, the time seems to have down past...seems like just yesterday I was freaking out about what to eat. Now I'm into a happy routine with my food. Because I still have a few pounds to loose and because I'm feeling great I'm going to continue with my Whole30 I don't see any reason to reintroduce quite yet. It's been having you along for this journey. Finish strong everyone!

Day 29 and my worst nightmare came true! (I literally actually dreamed this once!!) I accidentally took a sip of my bosses coffee which is sweetened with Splenda!!!!!! I'm trying not to be too upset, and I'm not going to do a reset, but it's unbelievable to me that after 29 perfect days I made this slip!!

So sorry Coley383!

So I'm feeling really weird right now.  It's our last day tomorrow and I keep saying, "yayy, I can't wait for this to be over" but then I think about what I'll eat and nothing really seems good.  I think I'm just missing the convenience of grabbing something to eat instead of having to plan and cook everything.  I hope I don't slip back into bad habits. I think I'll wait on reintroduction as well.  I haven't quite gotten to the magic and I'm thinking it will take longer for me.

On another note, I did finally have a food dream.  I was scarfing down a Burger King Whopper. I can't even remember if it was really good or not.  That should tell me something!

Here's to day 29 and 30 (tomorrow)!!

HAPPY DAY 30!!!!

Congrats on making good choices over the past 30 days (Even if there was a sip of splenda, or in my case, a sip of wine on Day 17). This has been an eye-opening Whole30 for me, and I hope everyone else feels positive about their experience.

I expected some sort of monumental feeling today--like balloons falling from my ceiling when I woke up or a marching band leading my way to work. But I don't feel that way--and I think that's good. Because it's not "over" today. I'm not ordering cheese pizza as we speak and chasing it with chocolate ice cream. And I don't want those things. This is the first day of reintroduction (which will actually start Friday at happy hour with WINE) and of taking care of myself, one meal at a time. 

I've started a reintroduction log over on that forum, I'll post the link here if anyone is interested in following along. But for now, AWESOME JOB everyone!

Well, the end is here!!! I didn't post a lot, but it was great to be able to come here and read about everyone's journeys!!!! So far today i haven't gone off track and have planned my 3 meals just like any other whole 30 day, but I do plan on taking my son out for ice cream tonight, to celebrate his last day of school (finally!!)

The positives of my whole 30:

I lost 15.4lbs

I'm not feeling hungry all the time, and when I'm at home I'm not sitting around thinking "what can I eat?"

I'm perfectly satisfied with 3 meals 4-5 hours apart.

My face looks less red, though I have still been breaking out on my chin.

Negatives:

I never really experienced the "tiger blood" or even more energy throughout the day

I'm still having trouble falling asleep at night and waking up in the morning.

My "potty habits" have in no way changed, and I'm still super irregular.

I'm going on vacation this week and plan on sticking mostly to plan, with a couple of indulgences (what's camping without at least one s'more??). And I plan on starting my second whole30 when I get back on Wednesday. So this time I won't be doing the full reintroduction phase, but will pay attention to my body and listen to what it tells me.

Congrats everyone!!! You've all been super supportive!!!

Did the Whole 30 great!  The re-intro not so much

I was on vacay over the end of the 30 and went ahead and drank ( a lot) but ate all whole 30.  On day 31 I had half a cupcake that was AMAZING yet still way too much and was sick within 5 mins.

Flying back I was at an airport stuck for a few hours and the only think to eat was bread.  So I grabbed some pretzel bites (I know, I know) and when I got home I noticed my ankles swollen (which is a daily normal) for me.  Figured it was just the flying.

The next day I had wheat bread (again I know) and last night my ankles got so swollen I had to take my shoes off to drive. :( I plan on getting back into my next whole 30 sooner than originally planned (even with a 2 week Co vacay coming up) but am VERY intersted in this article I came acrosss.  Any one have any experience with this?

It will make me VERY sad if I can't eat Gluten...I LOVE bread, pasta, and sweets and am finally to the point where I don't want to pig out on it.  But the idea of no pizza, bread, or lasagna again makes me sad.  I don't have any consistent digestive issues just the legs and hands swelling...never really knew the two could be related. :(

How is everyone else doing?

http://www.livestrong.com/article/488892-gluten-intolerance-edema/

Sorry to hear about your gluten reaction, MML, but good to know?

I've started a reintroduction log here to hold myself accountable:

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/28726-finally-doing-this-right-day-31june-25/

You can see my schedule too. I'm off a day--reintroducing legumes tomorrow instead of today, and pushing rice and oats off for awhile. 

Archived