1st Whole30- Started May 12th

Payg05

Hey everyone,

Intro: This if my first post on the forums. Doing my first whole30, currently in the middle of Day 10, so far no slip ups and things have not been too bad. I'm 27, played a lot of sports growing up, now i'm an attorney (mostly desk job), I'm getting married in August, and I'm buying my first home! I started this for a whole host of reasons, but one of the main reasons was to upgrade my body (I know, I know, weight loss is not the main goal of this program, I'm also here for that healthy stuff too). The weight has slowly started to creep on over the past few years and I can't seem to shake it. I wanna feel confident this summer and look amazing at my wedding this August and I'd like to stay looking and feeling awesome in the future. When I started Whole30, I also started working out again. Needless to say, the last 10 days have looked very different from my days before starting the program. The first few days, I saw immediate results. . . flatter stomach and a feeling of weightlessness. But starting yesterday or so, my stomach seems to have puffed back out to its less flattering norm. I know the timeline says that bloating is expected for a few days and my days are lining up nearly identical to the timeline so I'm try to not stress about that. I also wonder if the workouts have anything to do with it since i've really ramped it up this week. Anyhow here is my breakdown from the past couple days:

Saturday, May 16- Day 5

Breakfast: skipped :( (slept late and ran outta time)

Lunch: grilled steak, grilled squash and zucchini, guacamole, and grilled pineapple

Dinner: more steak, grilled sweet potato wedges, homemade curry mayo dip

workout: 1 mile walk with a few blocks of jogging

Sunday, May 17- Day 6

Breakfast: steak and egg leftover veggies

Lunch: salad with boiled eggs

Dinner: hamburger patty, carrots, homemade curry mayo dip, pistachios (we went to a wine bar-b-que, BIG test to my will power here)

workout: 1hr mixed strength and cardio class

Monday, may18- Day 7

Breakfast: Waffle house, two eggs and hashbrowns with peppers, onions, and mushrooms

Lunch: pork chop and salad and leftover veggies

Dinner: salad with chicken, mushrooms, onions, and black olives, oil & vinegar

workout: 1 hr spin class

Tuesday, May 19- Day 8

Breakfast: avocado and strawberries

Lunch: steak salad with avocado

Dinner: almond flour chicken nuggets, steamed broccoli and carrots

workout: 1 hr mixed strength and spin class

1 hr yoga 

Wednesday, May 20- Day 9

Breakfast: sausage, grapes, homemade mayo

Lunch: salad with shrimp, avocado, blueberries, oil & vinegar

Snack: strawberries, grapes, dill pickle

Dinner: steak, steamed broccoli and carrots

Thursday, May 21 - Day 10

Breakfast: sausage, avocado, egg

Lunch: chicken salad on lettuce, slice of mango, and 1/4 sweet potato

Planned Dinner:  almond flour chick nuggets, artichoke, sweet potato

workout: 1hr barre class (small controlled muscle building/toning class)

1 hr spin class

Hope everyone is doing well on their journey and I appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!

Archived