Favorite Picnic/BBQ Dishes

Beeskie

Hey everyone! I'm looking for some inspiration for this weekend. We are driving from Atlanta to Nashville to visit my brother and sister in law for a family BBQ at their place to find out whether the baby they are having in October is a boy or girl! ( they're doing that whole- cut into the cupcake/cake and see what color it is- thing that is all the rage these days. Obvs I won't be eating the cake!) They are very considerate of my Whole 30 plan and are planning on burgers and sausages on the grill with a couple of salads and chips/cookies for the kids. I'm bringing some compliment sausages for me to be sure, and maybe a few other safe items to have since we are staying the night, but wondering if any of you have a favorite salads or side dish that travel easy that I could offer to bring to the party as well!

Hope everyone is having a great day wherever you are in this journey. I'm on Day 19 of my first Whole 30. I've learned a lot about myself and am still waiting for significant results but am really recognizing the great things about this way of eating and am really grateful to be this far along!

I recently made this Mexican slaw (sans honey) for a get-together and everyone loved it. Bonus: the slaw is vinegar based instead of mayo so it'll hold up to sitting out. I did it with all green cabbage, but you could play with shredded carrot, purple cabbage, or even shredded jicama depending on what you're in to. Toss your veggies into a big bowl or bag for the cooler and then mix your dressing in a separate container for travel.

This has been pretty popular with my friends as well. Ignore the parts about corn and beans. Prep the sweet potatoes with the spices indicated and then squeeze a bunch of lime juice over them once they come out of the oven. (At least one really juicy lime--2 if your limes don't want to give up much juice.)

Some of these might not travel well but I was just thinking of other picnic and bbq foods that will work:

Deviled Eggs-Hard Boil the eggs, peel and mix up the yolks in a separate contained and fill when you get there.

German Potato Salad-http://allrecipes.com/recipe/authentic-german-potato-salad/ without the sugar

American Potato Salad

Grilled Veggies

Fruit Salad with Fresh Mint

Archived