Ren's Post-Whole30 Log

Renee Kosowan

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

*Day 19 Post Whole30

*A fantastic sleep last night. Very deep and long. Struggling to get up in the mornings for my workouts. I have a spin class tomorrow so I hope I do not sleep in and miss it.

*Really craving some sweets today. I would love a cookie from Tim Hortons. I am sure if someone from my office asked if I wanted something from Tim's I would order a cookie in a heartbeat. Thankfully no one is offering.

*I am pretty stressed out over a friendship situation going on right now. Whenever I think about it I just want to have something sweet, salty and cheesy. I want to cry and have it all go away.

*I caved… ok it wasn't a cave it was a self implosion of emotion lack of will power and aggressive sugar craving. I had a Smile Cookie… not just one but 4. I felt so sick and still feel sick. Not only was it sweet, it was filled with gluten and dairy. Restart tomorrow. I am not letting this get me down. Moving on!

Breakfast(8am):

-3 Egg Cupcakes

-2 cups Coffee

Lunch(12:20pm):

-1 cup Spaghetti Squash

-1/2 cup Tikka Masala Sauce

-Lean Ground Beef

-Red Delicious Apple

-1 cup Coffee

Pre-Workout Snack:

-1 cup Spicy Oven Roasted Sweet Potato (oh wait… never actually worked out!)

Dinner:

-1 can Tuna

-1/2 Avocado

-Butternut Squash

SNACK: 4 smile cookies (@230calories a piece they are not tiny cookies)

Water Intake: 70oz

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hang in there. As for the cookies, I ate at least that much in almonds and raisins yesterday. Thankful no more open bags at home. Don't beat yourself up. Life happens sometimes. You are doing great! Today is a new day. Sorry about friend pdoblems.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

*Day 20 Post Whole30

*Day1 of 10 super clean

*I still feel ill from yesterday's cookies. I am not going to dwell on it I am just going to move on and eat well today. I am also going to get my workout in at lunch because I missed my spin class this morning (2nd week in a row).

*Stomach a little off after eating 4 hard-boiled eggs. I could have probably stuck with two but I was worried I would still be hungry and had to get through 2 massage clients after my 8-5-work day. I don't seem to have a problem with eggs but sometimes I struggle with hard-boiled eggs. I wonder why this is.

Breakfast(8am):

-2 cups Coffee

-Banana

Lunch(12:20):

-1 cup Spaghetti Squash

-1/2 cup Tikka Masala Sauce

-1/2 cup Lean Ground Beef

-Pumpkin Spice Decaf Tea

Dinner(4pm):

-1 Red Pepper

-1 cup of Grilled Asparagus & Grilled Green Beans (in EVOO, S&P)

-Pumpkin Spice Decaf Tea

2nd Dinner (6pm):

-4 Date Coconut Rolls w/Almond

-Pear

-4 Hard Boiled (Naturegg – pre-peeled 2 pack eggs)

Water Intake: 75oz

I really like having no red in my daily log!

Wish there was some green in there.

I just found your log and have found it SO helpful! I'm on Day 23 of my first W30 and have spent a lot of time the last few days trying to figure out what my eating will look like post W30. This has given me some good ideas and more realization that it doesn't have to be all or none...in the past when I was on a diet or just trying to eat "healthy", if I took a cheat meal, it would turn into a cheat day, week, etc. In my head it was like, "well I already went off plan once today, I'll just blow the rest of the day" and that would of course carry on to the next day, etc. It's nice to read that you incorporate some non-compliant things one day and then get right back the next day, and feel a positive difference quickly. I love the idea of coming back to W30 when I need to reign it in!!

My plan for now is to extend to a W40. That will take me until I go to NC to see my family for 2 weeks. I know I will struggle there a bit...explaining what I'm eating and why, a planned girls weekend (=wine!), etc. I hope extending for those 10 days will send me to NC feeling more confident in my W30, and having an easier time deciding what is worth off-roading and what I should just pass on.

Thanks for sharing!:)

PS - that wedding weekend sounded like a BLAST! Love the food truck idea!! Great example though of enjoying yourself, then putting that away and moving on!!

TripleM I love your profile pic! I'm traveling right now and it is kind of hard. I've taken the approach that it's a vacation and I can only make the best decisions I can with what I have. I'm enjoying the birth of my granddaughter and this time with my family, and I can't ever regain these moments so I'm being present, and then when I get home next week I'll jump back on.

My plan for now is to extend to a W40. That will take me until I go to NC to see my family for 2 weeks. I know I will struggle there a bit...explaining what I'm eating and why, a planned girls weekend (=wine!), etc. I hope extending for those 10 days will send me to NC feeling more confident in my W30, and having an easier time deciding what is worth off-roading and what I should just pass on.

Just focus on the positives... how you feel, your sleep and stress levels, etc. No one can argue with that! And I bet you look terrific! Have fun on your trip, and if you think you go too far off, you can always do a W7 when you get home. :)

I am going to be brutally honest here. If you are not ok with listening to my rant than skip to next unread message now...

Ok. Like most people I was getting tired of logging, I was getting tired of focusing so much. I loved the structure but felt trapped. I was burnt out.

I have been working my full time job 8-5, working my part time job (mobile massage therapy) 3 nights a week and sometimes Saturdays, running 4-5 days a week, weights 1-2 days a week, + doing all of the food prep for my boyfriend and I, trying to fit in a social life and trying to study for an accounting course I just feel so behind and struggling with even thinking about it.

I needed a break.

Since the wedding binge a couple weeks ago I have been craving sugar like MAD. I just want a cookie every day, and then another cookie. I never used to want cookies or sweets so bad. It used to always be salty food.

Anyways I need to get back at it. I need another whole 30 with some slight modifications.

I will not be calling it an official "whole30" because I know the rules. I am not doing it 100% strict.

I will not be logging my daily food on here because that gets crazy boring for you ladies :) I don't have awesome exciting food.

I will be checking in everyday to say hello and to stay accountable.

& Because I just really miss you all.

I am not looking for any comments like "It's ok Renee, get back on the wagon" because frankly it is not ok. I don't want any warm and fuzzies. I need some serious tough love and some smacks in the head.

Thank you for those who listened to my rant/blabber.

Starting after the long weekend (it is Thanksgiving for those of us in Canada this weekend). I will be back.

I haven't decided which rules I will be strict on and which I will be lenient on yet.

More to come.

Ren

I felt a little left out since I never started a "real log" for my PW30, so I am a little glad to hear that it was not worth the trouble! For me, I want to reserve logging for W30 only. I don't want to muddy the waters too much. I think if I logged post W30, I would be more lenient with myself during the W30--if that makes sense?

Sounds like you have a busy life...enjoy it :D Have a fab weekend!

I feel great today. Sort of. Actually I feel like garbage on the inside of my stomach. But my head feels focused and excited.

Starting the day off right with fat, vegetables, eggs, & 1 cup of coffee.

There is lots of prepped veggies for the week and lots of eggs hard boiled.

I like the feeling of excitement I have. I remember it from the beginning of my first whole30 back in August.

I hope all of my Canadian friends had an excellent Thanksgiving. And an excellent Columbus day to my American friends.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived