Recipe success stories

lnov70

Share your recipe successes here.

This is mine: Tonight my husband was meeting some friends at BWW. We searched their menu online- nothing compliant so he says "I'll eat before I go and just drink some ice tea (unsweetened, of course)." So I thought I'd grill some wings at home and give the buffalo sauce recipe from the Whole 30 book a try. That way he could still have his wings but before he went out. He said they were some of the best wings he had ever eaten! I completely agree. I had about half the sauce left over. I plan on putting that stuff on everything. So good!

Anyone have any other recipe success stories they want to share?

One of hubby's favorites, hands down is the Italian chicken out of ISWF. You can either have it with chicken or pork and it has fire roasted tomatoes, spices and garlic... so good! I usually serve it with roasted veg and salad. 

I also do egg bakes with meat and veg and mixed with 18 eggs and poured into a 9x13 baking dish and baked till cooked thru--about 45 minutes at 350 at 5000 alt. Some of our favorites are taco meat leftovers with peppers, onions, frozen chopped collard greens or spinach, kale if we can find it, tomatoes, olives... I like that with salsa and avocado. I also did an italian version with some homemade italian sausage (ground pork with oregano, basil, thyme, a touch of rosemary, fennel, salt and pepper) cooked up with some onion and bell peppers and the frozen greens. So good! You can flavor them up anyway you want. I cut them into 8 pieces and hubby and I share them for breakfast during the week. 

We searched their menu online- nothing compliant so he says "I'll eat before I go and just drink some ice tea (unsweetened, of course)."

I totally hate to even bring this up. But you have to be really careful ordering iced tea at reastaurants while on a Whole 30 because it can contain soy lecithin. Seriously annoying and frustrating, but just want to make sure you're aware.

That detail notwithstanding, I love the success story... gonna have to try that recipe myself!

Recently, I made the Kahlua Pig (NNP pressure cooker version), then cooked cabbage in the liquid. OMG!!!

That combination is so good for Meal 1, with eggs on top.

Holy sweet peaches - Kalua Pig rocks, but this...? THIS is going on my food rotation for sure!  :wub:

ETA: And like you say, anything tastes better with eggs on top  :D

I've been eating eggs on top of roasted Brussels sprouts--which is pretty darned good, but the Kalua Pig/cabbage has taken over as my fave.

This was a regular for me too before sprouts went out of season here - add in some spiced parsnips/sweet potato (& on occasion some compliant bacon) & you're in Food Heaven...!!

• 2 months later...

Share your recipe successes here.

This is mine: Tonight my husband was meeting some friends at BWW. We searched their menu online- nothing compliant so he says "I'll eat before I go and just drink some ice tea (unsweetened, of course)." So I thought I'd grill some wings at home and give the buffalo sauce recipe from the Whole 30 book a try. That way he could still have his wings but before he went out. He said they were some of the best wings he had ever eaten! I completely agree. I had about half the sauce left over. I plan on putting that stuff on everything. So good!

Anyone have any other recipe success stories they want to share?

Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Celery sounds AMAZING. 

• 1 month later...

I've been craving something with curry in it, so last night I decided to try making a Whole 30 compliant coconut curry soup - it was delish!

Ingreidents:

-1 can of Whole Foods 365 Coconut milk (full fat)

-1/2 carton of Imagine Free Range Chicken Broth (Whole 30 compliant - had to search through a few brands at the grocery store)

-2 cloves garlic

-2 TBS. Thai Kitchen Green Curry Paste

-1/2 jalepeno (optional) 

-1 small golden potato

-Green beans (cut in half)

-Red bell pepper

I basically just combined all of these ingredients into a soup pot and let it simmer for about 90 minutes. I then made some riced caulifolower for the base, and topped it all off with some grilled chicken. It had wonderful flavors and did not need anything else (not even extra salt!)

My only problem was the rice caulifower got really mushy when mixed with the soup, so I think next time I'll just eat it on its own and save the cauliflower for a stir fry.

Archived