Starting May 25th

Guest bfree11

Hi everyone! I'm Darcy and I started on May 26. Today and yesterday have been the hardest (as predicted). I've kind of lost my appetite and nothing sounds good. I think joining this group will help keep me motivated. I am waiting until tomorrow (pay day) to buy some different food items to change things up. I am also tired because work is slow so I'm just sitting at the computer thinking of things to do. Ha!  My sister and her bff finished earlier this week and they've been encouraging and there's another friend of mine who started on the 27th and we are about at the same point with being bored of our food.  I would love to see how y'all are doing so far and be part of this support system!

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone. Over 1/3 of the way there!!! This week has been so busy for me at work and i've had a few intense workouts this week. I was feeling so good after the weekend but I think my balance of the template was waaaay off this week. I was feeling pretty lightheaded during my first run this week so I had a larabar right before a big hike yesterday. Seemed better but today I focused on the template for my meals. One thing I think is that I really wasn't eating enough of the healthy fats before so I tried harder today. bfree11I feel your pain with trying to balance and eat enough! Posting my meals today so any feedback is appreciated!

Breakfast:

3 scrambled eggs

sweet potato with scoop of almond butter and cinnamon

Lunch:

leftover chipotle carnitas with pico, guacamole and franks hot sauce

two large carrots

handful of olives

Dinner:

2 applegate hotdogs

big heap of saurkraut

half an avocado

kombucha

Finished day 11! Last night was my most difficult night. My husband was sitting with me as we were watching the hockey game and he was eating chocolate. I can honestly say I wasn't craving the chocolate but I was sad that I couldn't have any...strange feeling. So I moved into the dining room and worked on my jigsaw puzzle and that took my mind off of the chocolate. Today was my rest day from exercise because yesterday I was able to get in 22000 steps (really long walk in the morning). So today my feet said .... Take a break. Tomorrow is a long bike ride with a picnic lunch (hubby is taking a vacation day).

So happy to see all of your posts, they keep me motivated. Welcome Darcy!

Have a good evening.

Guest bfree11

Day 11

Breakfast: 1 applegate hotdog, 2 eggs, 3 cups of romaine, 5 cherries & 5 blackberries

Lunch: burger with lettuce buns and onions, avocado on top, mixed greens salad, iced tea

Dinner: garlic chicken, kale sprouts, cauliflower rice, kombucha

Being known as the "healthy one" at work is feeling pretty awesome. My coworkers are starting to understand the rules of Whole 30 and they help me out with choosing what to eat for lunch and ask me my advice about healthy eating. Being a "fat girl" my whole life, it feels extraordinarily awesome to be thought of as someone who is a healthy eater. 

Cravings check-in: When I pass by the desserts at work, I think... ooo those look pretty and yummy... but then I don't give them a second thought. In the past, I never cared about what eating junk would make me feel like afterward. I knew I'd feel gross and ashamed, but I just did it anyways. Now, I don't want to have those feelings after I eat anymore. I'm just trying to remove all of the emotional connections I have to unhealthy food. For example, when I went to Trader Joe's tonight, I walked past all of the non-compliant foods with such ease. I'd see something unhealthy and think...ooo yum..but then just keep walking and forget all about it. Grocery shopping is so much less of a chore now that most of the store is off limits. 

I was happy to read about the new Whole 30 compliant rules today, where fruit & nut bars are removed from the approved food list. If I'm going to have any success post-whole 30, it's going to be because I stop behaviors and habits of snacking, having treats, and using food as a reward, etc. 

I was really bored at work today and I noticed that I kept having the urge to eat. I laughed when I realized this because I could clearly see the difference between hunger and boredom. I instantly turned to my coworker and said, "I'm bored, which means normally I'd go find something to munch on, but now I'm only allowed to eat when I'm hungry." I find myself listening to my body a lot more to check in and see if I'm hungry or not. 

Each day brings new revelations and slightly more self-love!

Rebecca

Guest bfree11

Day 11

Breakfast: 1 applegate hotdog, 2 eggs, 3 cups of romaine, 5 cherries & 5 blackberries

Lunch: burger with lettuce buns and onions, avocado on top, mixed greens salad, iced tea

Dinner: garlic chicken, kale sprouts, cauliflower rice, kombucha

Being known as the "healthy one" at work is feeling pretty awesome. My coworkers are starting to understand the rules of Whole 30 and they help me out with choosing what to eat for lunch and ask me my advice about healthy eating. Being a "fat girl" my whole life, it feels extraordinarily awesome to be thought of as someone who is a healthy eater. 

Cravings check-in: When I pass by the desserts at work, I think... ooo those look pretty and yummy... but then I don't give them a second thought. In the past, I never cared about what eating junk would make me feel like afterward. I knew I'd feel gross and ashamed, but I just did it anyways. Now, I don't want to have those feelings after I eat anymore. I'm just trying to remove all of the emotional connections I have to unhealthy food. For example, when I went to Trader Joe's tonight, I walked past all of the non-compliant foods with such ease. I'd see something unhealthy and think...ooo yum..but then just keep walking and forget all about it. Grocery shopping is so much less of a chore now that most of the store is off limits. 

I was happy to read about the new Whole 30 compliant rules today, where fruit & nut bars are removed from the approved food list. If I'm going to have any success post-whole 30, it's going to be because I stop behaviors and habits of snacking, having treats, and using food as a reward, etc. 

I was really bored at work today and I noticed that I kept having the urge to eat. I laughed when I realized this because I could clearly see the difference between hunger and boredom. I instantly turned to my coworker and said, "I'm bored, which means normally I'd go find something to munch on, but now I'm only allowed to eat when I'm hungry." I find myself listening to my body a lot more to check in and see if I'm hungry or not. 

Each day brings new revelations and slightly more self-love!

Rebecca

Bfree11, I also like that they changed some of their partnerships. However, technically the fruit and nut bars are still compliant as emergency food, and I keep using them as more than that. I wish that they outright said, its against the rules to eat them! And then I wouldn't, but I made excuses as to how to justify it in my diet. I finished the larabars that were in my drawer at work and I don't plan on buying any more. I used them as a crutch to get between M2 and M3 and I need to readjust my food schedule instead.

Hi everyone! So I had a strange experience this morning. I was eating some eggs and potato's this morn and got really really lightheaded. I couldn't concentrate and my arms and hands even started going numb. I got really scared and had to lay down. I thought it might be low blood sugar so I had some Mellon and a compliant applesauce. I'm feeling better but still have a headache. I never had this problem before and I'm not diabetic but I will say I'm trying to eat less fruit this whole 30. Anyone have any thoughts or had this happen before? Its just making me nervous.

HI Heather, I'm not sure what that could be from. I have experienced light headedness, but it's more so because I haven't eaten enough according to the meal template. I would imagine it's some sort imbalance, but I personally haven't experienced that. I'll be curious to see what others say.

Guest bfree11

Day 12

Breakfast: kale (2 cups)  & onion omelet, hot dog, 5 blackberries, 5 cherries

Lunch: steak, guac, zucchini & squash, kombucha

Dinner: chicken, kale sprouts, cauliflower rice, a little more kombucha

I officially don't care about food. The rules of Whole 30 are so strict, that all of the "hype" of food has been removed. The key is choosing awesome things to fill that space with. When I saw everyone stuffing their faces with doughnuts today for "National Doughnut Day," I just kind of shrugged at it. Food isn't on a pedestal anymore, we broke up, it's over. I like the food I eat, I'm happy with my meals, but I don't have overly intense feelings about food anymore. I've been focusing more on activities I want to be a part of. Like, yoga classes, or a day at the beach, or a new bike trail, or some quality time with a friend. These things are more exciting to me than doughnuts, which believe me, was NOT always the case! 

I just don't feel like doing things that are bad for me. It just doesn't interest me. I don't want to stay up late and hit the bars with friends. I want to get up early and go outside! Ice cream sounds good, but kind of in the same way that a trip to Hawaii sounds good. Like sure, it'd be amazing, but it's not realistic. I think a big part of the reason why I'm not obsessing over food and having cravings is because I'm not buying into my thoughts. If I have a thought, I laugh at it, and move on, the thought vanishes pretty quickly.

I think I'm having a better relationship with myself because:

1. All the toxic junk that makes our bodies and brains work less efficiently has been out of my system for 12 days.

2. I'm not having constant feelings of regret and shame after eating like I was before. Those feelings end up taking a serious toll on me over time and end up adding to my general feelings about myself. I'm not being bogged down with all of these negative feelings anymore because I'm not making unhealthy choices. 

I'm realizing that my Whole 30 isn't about food at all. It's about my behaviors. Eating when I was not hungry is precisely what caused me to become overweight. Now that I'm not allowed to eat when I'm not hungry, it forces me to look at what's there. If it's not hunger, then what is it? For me, it's loneliness, boredom, stress, fear, excitement, sadness. Boredom is my number 1 culprit though. What this has taught me, is that I need to be a better planner. I'm making more plans with friends and packing my weekend full of activities I love. Last weekend, I had a lot of downtime and that caused me to crave snacks and I gave in. This weekend, I'm going to the beach, yoga class, bike riding, I picked a movie I want to see, recipes/meal prep for next week, I have a new book I want to start reading, etc. If being bored makes me want to eat, then I'm going to try to stop being bored! I feel like I'm finally attacking the true problem, instead of stuffing it with food. 

Why have I been overeating when I'm feeling emotional for so many years? Well, because I didn't have self-love. If the printer at work needs more ink, is loading more paper into it going to help fix the problem? NO! Why is that so straightforward, but eating when we're not hungry, but instead highly emotional, is not? Self-love, that's it. You have to like yourself enough to want to replace the ink instead of just loading more paper. You have to want to feel good about the choices you make. I feel damn good about the choices I've been making, which in turn, makes me feel good about the person I am. It's pretty awesome, actually.

Am I curious how much I weigh? Eh, I mean, not really. I feel lighter, my clothes are looser, why give a hunk of plastic and metal power over my emotions when I already know I'm looking good?

Do I want pizza? No, I am not in a place in my life where I can have pizza without overeating, feeling bloated, feeling ashamed, etc. I'd rather continue down the path of harvesting self-love, which feels awesome, instead of eating something that will make me feel terrible. Everyone is different. I don't think that everyone should stop eating pizza. I'm just personally not interested in the consequences that I'd have if I ate pizza. 

Rebecca

Guest bfree11

Day 12

Breakfast: kale (2 cups)  & onion omelet, hot dog, 5 blackberries, 5 cherries

Lunch: steak, guac, zucchini & squash, kombucha

Dinner: chicken, kale sprouts, cauliflower rice, a little more kombucha

I officially don't care about food. The rules of Whole 30 are so strict, that all of the "hype" of food has been removed. The key is choosing awesome things to fill that space with. When I saw everyone stuffing their faces with doughnuts today for "National Doughnut Day," I just kind of shrugged at it. Food isn't on a pedestal anymore, we broke up, it's over. I like the food I eat, I'm happy with my meals, but I don't have overly intense feelings about food anymore. I've been focusing more on activities I want to be a part of. Like, yoga classes, or a day at the beach, or a new bike trail, or some quality time with a friend. These things are more exciting to me than doughnuts, which believe me, was NOT always the case! 

I just don't feel like doing things that are bad for me. It just doesn't interest me. I don't want to stay up late and hit the bars with friends. I want to get up early and go outside! Ice cream sounds good, but kind of in the same way that a trip to Hawaii sounds good. Like sure, it'd be amazing, but it's not realistic. I think a big part of the reason why I'm not obsessing over food and having cravings is because I'm not buying into my thoughts. If I have a thought, I laugh at it, and move on, the thought vanishes pretty quickly.

I think I'm having a better relationship with myself because:

1. All the toxic junk that makes our bodies and brains work less efficiently has been out of my system for 12 days.

2. I'm not having constant feelings of regret and shame after eating like I was before. Those feelings end up taking a serious toll on me over time and end up adding to my general feelings about myself. I'm not being bogged down with all of these negative feelings anymore because I'm not making unhealthy choices. 

I'm realizing that my Whole 30 isn't about food at all. It's about my behaviors. Eating when I was not hungry is precisely what caused me to become overweight. Now that I'm not allowed to eat when I'm not hungry, it forces me to look at what's there. If it's not hunger, then what is it? For me, it's loneliness, boredom, stress, fear, excitement, sadness. Boredom is my number 1 culprit though. What this has taught me, is that I need to be a better planner. I'm making more plans with friends and packing my weekend full of activities I love. Last weekend, I had a lot of downtime and that caused me to crave snacks and I gave in. This weekend, I'm going to the beach, yoga class, bike riding, I picked a movie I want to see, recipes/meal prep for next week, I have a new book I want to start reading, etc. If being bored makes me want to eat, then I'm going to try to stop being bored! I feel like I'm finally attacking the true problem, instead of stuffing it with food. 

Why have I been overeating when I'm feeling emotional for so many years? Well, because I didn't have self-love. If the printer at work needs more ink, is loading more paper into it going to help fix the problem? NO! Why is that so straightforward, but eating when we're not hungry, but instead highly emotional, is not? Self-love, that's it. You have to like yourself enough to want to replace the ink instead of just loading more paper. You have to want to feel good about the choices you make. I feel damn good about the choices I've been making, which in turn, makes me feel good about the person I am. It's pretty awesome, actually.

Am I curious how much I weigh? Eh, I mean, not really. I feel lighter, my clothes are looser, why give a hunk of plastic and metal power over my emotions when I already know I'm looking good?

Do I want pizza? No, I am not in a place in my life where I can have pizza without overeating, feeling bloated, feeling ashamed, etc. I'd rather continue down the path of harvesting self-love, which feels awesome, instead of eating something that will make me feel terrible. Everyone is different. I don't think that everyone should stop eating pizza. I'm just personally not interested in the consequences that I'd have if I ate pizza. 

Rebecca

Day 14 for me today, I feel good and can't wait to say tomorrow that I'm halfway through!

I felt like a champ yesterday. I was hosting a big conference all week and yesterday was the last day. I went and bought some German pastries for the team, first to be nice, but also because the day before everyone looked drained and I wanted to give them a sugar rush and power throuhg the next morning. I know how hypocritical it is to feel others with things you wouldn't eat yourself, but I didn't have the time or the money to make everyone a whole 30 breakfast, and lets be honest, it would go to waste.

Anyway, the point of that was that I didn't feel any jealousy that they were eating things I normally would have torn into. I took two pastries home for my husband and they didn't tempt me either. Later in the morning I was told that someone else in the building was hosting a breakfast and my team was invited to partake. We all went into this conference area and I didn't even look at what was being served... why should I? I already had breakfast and knew there was nothing there I could eat. They did have a fruit bowl which looked good but knowing that I shouldn't have fruit on its own (and I've eliminated fruit in this 30) I skipped that as well. I mingled in the room and talked to coworkers, including a woman who is pretty strict paleo and also wouldn't touch anything. I think she normally feels pretty left out in potlucks and is now greatful to have someone who eats the same way in the building. Although she hasn't done the whole 30, I can still talk to her about old cravings and whats healthy/not healthy, so I think that will help at future events.

Later on I came home and saw that my husband had worked on getting our bikes ready to ride. I have not ridden a bike since maybe college, and neither has he (plus he's not athletic). I was SO happy to see that he was making an effort, but we lost track of time and didn't have time to make our planned dinner before an evening appointment. We decided to take the 3 minute bike ride to our neighborhood restaurant which is mainly an Italian place, meaning lots of Pasta! Luckily they also have good steaks that seem to be compliant which I planned on getting until I looked at their seafood selection and forgot they have a very plain broiled shrimp platter, which is normally pretty expensive, but apparently Friday is ladies night where meals are half off. I felt like this was a calling. I realized I forgot my own dressing and their salad comes with a cream based dressing, so I tried my best German to ask for some oil and vinegar and they were able to understand. The shrimp were, just that, broiled shrimp and i didn't use the butter sauce on the side, just some lemon. They even drizzed some balsamic over the steamed veggies.

Even for those of you that have traveled abroad, please keep in mind that I don't live in a big city, just a small village and not everyone understands English. We are typically unable to ask for special requests because of the language barrier so I was overjoyed that they understood what I was asking for and didn't seem bothered by it.

I think I'm feeling better than I did in my first 30. I still remember cravings and jealousy in my first attempt, I did try to make some healthier changes and I cut out fruit this go round, but I"m not sure what did it, or maybe I'm more motivated. I hope everyone else is still chugging along as we are close to finishing out our 2nd week!

Rebecca, I think the biggest part of your post that resonated with me is the not eating when you're not hungry part. I think that I used to think I was hungry when I really wasn't because I knew something tasted good. My husband is a big snacker, but I would eat bigger meals in an attempt to not want to snack. Of course I would eat his snacks anyway because I wanted them so I was a) eating big meals, and B) snacking after them! I like the clear cut rules of no snacking. Although I am having a hard boiled egg or olives between M2-3, I stll feel like that rule has helped me realized how much I'm not hungry after dinner but just want to eat things I used to think tasted good.

Guest bfree11

Day 13

Breakfast: 2 eggs, tons of kale, caramelized onions, hot dog, 5 cherries, 1/2 avocado

Lunch: Lara Bar, guac, carrots, celery, grapes

Dinner: leftover chicken, kale sprouts, cauliflower rice

Exercise: 45 min bike ride

Lunch was tricky today. I was invited to go to the beach for the afternoon and I knew it would be a good idea to pack a lunch for myself, but I didn't have any protein available to bring with me. My friends and I went to the grocery store to grab beach snacks and I grabbed the things I listed above for lunch. I was thinking quickly on my feet and I didn't know what to do about protein. I wanted to grab some deli meat, but I know there's weird stuff hidden in there, so i didn't. Protein on the go is hard to find. 

I used the veggies to dip into the guac and my friend used pita chips. I thought about how much I'd love some pita chips instead of veggies. But then I thought about what would happen to me if I just had one. You know what would happen? I would want another. And another. And another. A true "Food Without Brakes." I felt instantly uninterested in having a pita chip because trying to have the willpower to only eat one chip is too hard for me. Veggies are so much easier because I don't feel the urge to overeat them. With all of these good food choices I'm making, I'm significantly decreasing the amount of negative self-talk I have in a day. It's feeling pretty awesome to be in control!

Guest bfree11

Day 13

Breakfast: 2 eggs, tons of kale, caramelized onions, hot dog, 5 cherries, 1/2 avocado

Lunch: Lara Bar, guac, carrots, celery, grapes

Dinner: leftover chicken, kale sprouts, cauliflower rice

Exercise: 45 min bike ride

Lunch was tricky today. I was invited to go to the beach for the afternoon and I knew it would be a good idea to pack a lunch for myself, but I didn't have any protein available to bring with me. My friends and I went to the grocery store to grab beach snacks and I grabbed the things I listed above for lunch. I was thinking quickly on my feet and I didn't know what to do about protein. I wanted to grab some deli meat, but I know there's weird stuff hidden in there, so i didn't. Protein on the go is hard to find. 

I used the veggies to dip into the guac and my friend used pita chips. I thought about how much I'd love some pita chips instead of veggies. But then I thought about what would happen to me if I just had one. You know what would happen? I would want another. And another. And another. A true "Food Without Brakes." I felt instantly uninterested in having a pita chip because trying to have the willpower to only eat one chip is too hard for me. Veggies are so much easier because I don't feel the urge to overeat them. With all of these good food choices I'm making, I'm significantly decreasing the amount of negative self-talk I have in a day. It's feeling pretty awesome to be in control!

Guest bfree11

Day 14 

Breakfast: 2 eggs, tons of kale, caramelized onions, hot dog, 5 cherries, 2 strawberries, 1/2 avocado

Lunch: salad with chicken, guac, balsamic, kombucha

Dinner: garlic chicken, 1/2 orange bell pepper, 1 1/2 cups of broccoli, garlic tomato sauce

Exercise: 90 min Power Flow Yoga

After grocery shopping and yoga, I spent the afternoon at the beach again. This time, I stopped at work and made myself a big salad with chicken to bring with me. I was able to spend the day out with friends and not go hungry! Something really magical about Whole 30 is the impact that my behaviors are having on the people I care about. I make sure not to obsess or make a big deal about my dietary restrictions with friends, but they bring it up on their own when they see me choosing to eat differently than them. One by one, friends and friends of friends keep deciding to do the Whole 30 because of ME! Now that feels truly amazing. I'm not eating some weird diet, I'm just only eating foods that are healthy, and people are seeing that and wanting to eat healthy too. What a beautiful chain reaction.

Eating clean is helping me to perform better when I exercise. I'm feeling lighter and faster when I move. It's fun to see what my body can do when I turn off the negative thoughts and fill it with quality food. Today marks exactly 2 weeks since I started Whole 30. I can't help but wonder how I'd look, feel, and perform after a 3 months, 6 months, a year of Whole 30! As much as I love eating clean, I of course know that at some point in my post-whole 30 future, I'll eat a non-compliant food. What will hopefully be different now though, is that I'll hop right back on the whole 30 wagon after I eat the junk. In the past, I'd let one slip spiral into 6 months of unhealthy eating. I'm not going to let that happen again!

One of the chefs at work didn't understand why I'm doing the whole 30. He said, "Come on, Rebecca, it's just food!" I thought this was 1. ironic to hear a chef say and 2. simply untrue, for me. It is NOT "just food" for me. It's an addiction, an escape, that makes me feel horrible about myself, much like drugs and alcohol. If I had told him I was quitting heroin, rather than grains, dairy, sugar, I'm willing to bet that he wouldn't have said, "Oh come on, Rebecca, it's just heroin!" The thing is, food is a mainstream drug and it's something that isn't always dangerous in small doses. How some people are able to only eat small doses without going overboard is something I have yet to understand. But people who eat whatever they want, but stop when they're full and rarely overeat, have a hard time seeing why I'm making a big deal about all this stuff. 

Tomorrow is the halfway point of my whole 30. I'm so thankful for all of the supportive people I have out there helping me through this journey. Thank you so much!

Rebecca

Guest bfree11

Day 14 

Breakfast: 2 eggs, tons of kale, caramelized onions, hot dog, 5 cherries, 2 strawberries, 1/2 avocado

Lunch: salad with chicken, guac, balsamic, kombucha

Dinner: garlic chicken, 1/2 orange bell pepper, 1 1/2 cups of broccoli, garlic tomato sauce

Exercise: 90 min Power Flow Yoga

After grocery shopping and yoga, I spent the afternoon at the beach again. This time, I stopped at work and made myself a big salad with chicken to bring with me. I was able to spend the day out with friends and not go hungry! Something really magical about Whole 30 is the impact that my behaviors are having on the people I care about. I make sure not to obsess or make a big deal about my dietary restrictions with friends, but they bring it up on their own when they see me choosing to eat differently than them. One by one, friends and friends of friends keep deciding to do the Whole 30 because of ME! Now that feels truly amazing. I'm not eating some weird diet, I'm just only eating foods that are healthy, and people are seeing that and wanting to eat healthy too. What a beautiful chain reaction.

Eating clean is helping me to perform better when I exercise. I'm feeling lighter and faster when I move. It's fun to see what my body can do when I turn off the negative thoughts and fill it with quality food. Today marks exactly 2 weeks since I started Whole 30. I can't help but wonder how I'd look, feel, and perform after a 3 months, 6 months, a year of Whole 30! As much as I love eating clean, I of course know that at some point in my post-whole 30 future, I'll eat a non-compliant food. What will hopefully be different now though, is that I'll hop right back on the whole 30 wagon after I eat the junk. In the past, I'd let one slip spiral into 6 months of unhealthy eating. I'm not going to let that happen again!

One of the chefs at work didn't understand why I'm doing the whole 30. He said, "Come on, Rebecca, it's just food!" I thought this was 1. ironic to hear a chef say and 2. simply untrue, for me. It is NOT "just food" for me. It's an addiction, an escape, that makes me feel horrible about myself, much like drugs and alcohol. If I had told him I was quitting heroin, rather than grains, dairy, sugar, I'm willing to bet that he wouldn't have said, "Oh come on, Rebecca, it's just heroin!" The thing is, food is a mainstream drug and it's something that isn't always dangerous in small doses. How some people are able to only eat small doses without going overboard is something I have yet to understand. But people who eat whatever they want, but stop when they're full and rarely overeat, have a hard time seeing why I'm making a big deal about all this stuff. 

Tomorrow is the halfway point of my whole 30. I'm so thankful for all of the supportive people I have out there helping me through this journey. Thank you so much!

Rebecca

Rebecca, I'm glad you were able to find something to make going out with your friends work! It is so easy to pop into a 7-11 or a grocery store and get something pre-made to grab and go, but its much more difficult to find something sustainable when you're talking real food. I wouldn't touch pre-cooked chicken strips with a pole, and even veggies need to be at least cut, so I run into this problem when I have a long day at work. I have the ability to buy something healthy but just aren't sure what that is.

I found that the tuna in a pouch packed in oil usually doesn't have soy in it, and although I buy olives in a can or jar, some company sells single serve olives in little containers which I think will end up being a lifesaver for meals on the go. I'm not the type to have precooked meat ready to go in the freezer, but I can see its benefits and may have to start doing that.

Day 15....seems like I just started this journey and now I'm halfway to my goal. Nothing too exciting this week...although I am waiting to get my replacement Fitbit (mine died and Fitbit is replacing free of charge). Really miss wearing it. Glad to see everyone continues to learn new things about themselves during this journey.

Stay strong everyone!

Guest bfree11

Day 15....seems like I just started this journey and now I'm halfway to my goal. Nothing too exciting this week...although I am waiting to get my replacement Fitbit (mine died and Fitbit is replacing free of charge). Really miss wearing it. Glad to see everyone continues to learn new things about themselves during this journey.

Stay strong everyone!

Sorry to heat about your fitbit! I remember when I first got mine it was super motivating! I haven't used it in about a year, but I think they're great! I'm not sure if you have an iPhone, but the iPhone automatically counts your steps everyday in the "Health app." (It's the white square with the pink heart). If you keep your phone in your pocket, it will count all your steps and record them in that app. Might be helpful while you're waiting for your new fitbit?

Congrats on halfway! 

Guest bfree11

Day 15 - HALFWAY!

Breakfast: 2 eggs, onions, lot's of lacinato kale, small piece of chicken, kombucha

Lunch: rotisserie chicken, green beans

Dinner: Grass-fed burger with avocado and a sweet potato bun (OMG), grilled cauliflower (frozen from trader joes) with a garlic compound ghee (took like 2 mins to make), 1/2 orange bell pepper

Exercise: Ridiculously Hot Yoga (Florida summers and hot yoga don't mix well)

15 days strong! Over the past 15 days, I've learned a lot about the optimal quality and quantity of food I should eat each day. Once I started eating 3 BIG meals each day, my cravings vanished. Each meal keeps me feeling good for 4-5 hours and throughout that time, I don't think about wanting to eat because I feel totally nourished. The dinner I made today took about 10-15 minutes to make and was new, exciting, and delicious! Again, so much better than a plain chicken breast and frozen broccoli everyday, like I did when I ate Paleo a few years back. 

I noticed something interesting at work today. The chefs put Mac & Cheese on the menu and it was a huge hit. Every employee ordered it for lunch and our guests were lining up for it. Why are cheesy, grainy foods so popular? I thought for a hot minute, "Ooo I wonder what it tastes like." But then I remembered what "Mac & Cheese belly" feels like and I was relieved that I didn't have to use willpower to say no. I simply used the Whole 30 rules to make my decision for me. It did kind of make me sad to see all of the people lined up for the least healthy, least nutrient-dense option. I'm glad I don't have to deal with foods like that anymore. My tummy feels fantastic after every meal and I don't feel any regret or guilt after eating.

Today's "Whole 30 Daily" talked about using food as a reward. I loved when it said, "On what planet is eating food that makes you less healthy a reward?" If you truly value the body you've been given for this one life you have to live, why on Earth would you pollute it with garbage and call it a "reward?" It's a whole new way of looking at what you're putting into your mouth. I'm not really sure what my relationship will be with non-compliant food after the next 15 days. For me, it's less about how well my body digests grains and dairy, and more about the amount of willpower it takes me to eat those foods in moderation. I don't feel anywhere near ready to have an appropriate, reasonable relationship with non-compliant foods. 

I also enjoyed being reminded in the "Whole 30 Daily" about what happens to the body when it no longer is being given sugar to run on. The article explains that After about 15 days without sugar, the body begins to rely on stored fat for energy instead of sugars. I think that's pretty cool!

Raise a glass of kombucha, here's to 15 more eye-opening days filled with self-love and strength!

Rebecca

Guest bfree11

Day 15 - HALFWAY!

Breakfast: 2 eggs, onions, lot's of lacinato kale, small piece of chicken, kombucha

Lunch: rotisserie chicken, green beans

Dinner: Grass-fed burger with avocado and a sweet potato bun (OMG), grilled cauliflower (frozen from trader joes) with a garlic compound ghee (took like 2 mins to make), 1/2 orange bell pepper

Exercise: Ridiculously Hot Yoga (Florida summers and hot yoga don't mix well)

15 days strong! Over the past 15 days, I've learned a lot about the optimal quality and quantity of food I should eat each day. Once I started eating 3 BIG meals each day, my cravings vanished. Each meal keeps me feeling good for 4-5 hours and throughout that time, I don't think about wanting to eat because I feel totally nourished. The dinner I made today took about 10-15 minutes to make and was new, exciting, and delicious! Again, so much better than a plain chicken breast and frozen broccoli everyday, like I did when I ate Paleo a few years back. 

I noticed something interesting at work today. The chefs put Mac & Cheese on the menu and it was a huge hit. Every employee ordered it for lunch and our guests were lining up for it. Why are cheesy, grainy foods so popular? I thought for a hot minute, "Ooo I wonder what it tastes like." But then I remembered what "Mac & Cheese belly" feels like and I was relieved that I didn't have to use willpower to say no. I simply used the Whole 30 rules to make my decision for me. It did kind of make me sad to see all of the people lined up for the least healthy, least nutrient-dense option. I'm glad I don't have to deal with foods like that anymore. My tummy feels fantastic after every meal and I don't feel any regret or guilt after eating.

Today's "Whole 30 Daily" talked about using food as a reward. I loved when it said, "On what planet is eating food that makes you less healthy a reward?" If you truly value the body you've been given for this one life you have to live, why on Earth would you pollute it with garbage and call it a "reward?" It's a whole new way of looking at what you're putting into your mouth. I'm not really sure what my relationship will be with non-compliant food after the next 15 days. For me, it's less about how well my body digests grains and dairy, and more about the amount of willpower it takes me to eat those foods in moderation. I don't feel anywhere near ready to have an appropriate, reasonable relationship with non-compliant foods. 

I also enjoyed being reminded in the "Whole 30 Daily" about what happens to the body when it no longer is being given sugar to run on. The article explains that After about 15 days without sugar, the body begins to rely on stored fat for energy instead of sugars. I think that's pretty cool!

Raise a glass of kombucha, here's to 15 more eye-opening days filled with self-love and strength!

Rebecca

I also feel fantastic, but I still have a while to go in battling my sugar dragon. For me, the afternoon stretch is the hardest, I go a long time between M2-3. I used to turn to snacks...  I now have a hard boiled egg ready for me if I need it, but I can still taste some of the sweet snacks in the office snackbar, and right now that is outweighing the fact that I know it will give me a headache. Still, I'm only halfway through and hopefully by Day 30 and so on I won't even be thinking of those snacks...

Guest bfree11

I also feel fantastic, but I still have a while to go in battling my sugar dragon. For me, the afternoon stretch is the hardest, I go a long time between M2-3. I used to turn to snacks...  I now have a hard boiled egg ready for me if I need it, but I can still taste some of the sweet snacks in the office snackbar, and right now that is outweighing the fact that I know it will give me a headache. Still, I'm only halfway through and hopefully by Day 30 and so on I won't even be thinking of those snacks...

Hey higgles! I was having the same problem between M2-3 at first. I fixed it by eating a WAYYY bigger M1 and M2. Eating more has given me the energy and fuel I need so that I get through the afternoon without thinking about food at all! I eat a palm-sized amount of protein, like 2 cups of veggies, and a llttle fat at every single meal. Hopefully eating more will help you too!

Archived