mikemueller32

Hey Y'all,

I am looking for a good multivitamin to take while on my whole 30 program. I used to take One A Day Men's before I started the program, but l stopped taking them when I started because all of the confusing ingredients they have. Does anybody know if this multivitamin is acceptable for the program, and if not, any recommendations for a men's multivitamin while on the W30 program? Thank you.

• Moderators

If you're eating a variety of vegetables, protein sources, and fat, you really shouldn't need a multivitamin. If your doctor determines there is something lacking in your diet that you aren't getting from your food, it would be probably be easier to find that particular item in a supplement by itself, as most multivitamins do have a lot of non-compliant ingredients.

You might check out these articles for more on Whole30's stance on supplements in general: this one, this one, and this one. But basically, except for cases of actual deficiency of a particular nutrient, the preference is to get your vitamins and minerals from your food.

Archived