Just chose a start date!! Yaay!!

D Nyght

I'm so excited to be starting my very first Whole30 on June 1st! I have two kids (3yo&1yo) and a husband that won't be on it with me. I am going into this ready for difficulty because I imagine it is going to be a lot of hard work meeting my whole30 needs while cooking and preparing food for my family. If you're in the same boat I'd love to hear from you! I am determined to feel and look better!!

Congrats on choosing a start date! I don't have two kids, but my husband did not commit to doing a whole 30 so I understand somewhat the position you're in.

The best advice I can give you is to make sure you plan and prep what you can ahead of time. I had a list of possible recipes to use that were compliant, and then will plan each week according to the list. However, I think its possible for the needs of you and your family without going crazy. Your family should be able to eat the same thing you do every night, and if they chose to add a starch or dairy then its up to them. While my husband doesn't do the whole 30 with me, the meal plan is not anything special, a meat, vegetables, and a fat. He snacks and eats starches, but there is no reason why he can't eat the same meals I do. And if there is a particular meal that I can't have, well he can wait until next month. There is a handful of vegetables that my husband won't eat and so I don't make meals with them to avoid doing two separate meals. I think if there are specific items that your family wants at dinner that you won't eat, ask your husband if he can make them so you don't have to tempted. My husband has gotten used to Cauli rice instead of regular rice, but he won't touch zucchini noodles, so he'll make his own pasta and I make the sauce. Try to plan for difficult situations in advance so you don't get tempted last minute (like have a go-to meal in the freezer in case you have "one of those nights" where you couldn't possibly cook. 

Good luck!

Archived