annapolis, md, anyone? Or anywhere, oregon?

dana

very recently moved back to the states after last living in BC, canada (which i miss dearly), and am staying with family in annapolis, md, for the next year. After that, the plan is to head back west, to settle at some still undetermined spot in orgeon.

it'd be nice to have a w30 meal with local folks from time to time...or to at least trade local tips. anyone out there?

• 2 weeks later...

BC is beautiful... I'm not surprised you miss it. Oregon is great... here are a few places to consider in the area:

- Portland: A small big city with its own brand of funkiness. There are lots of nice urban and suburban areas to choose from.

- Bend: Central Oregon's outdoor recreation mecca. It's been a trendy place to relocate into Oregon in recent years.

- Medford/Ashland area: small to mid sized towns in southern Oregon. Medford is bigger and a bit more working class. Ashland is trendy, artsy, liberal and ten minutes from California. Beautiful scenery, and very underrated part of Oregon. Consistently better weather than Portland, not too horribly far from the SF Bay area if you want the cosmopolitan getaway.

Good luck choosing just one place to live! :D

BC is beautiful... I'm not surprised you miss it. Oregon is great...Good luck choosing just one place to live! :D

Cheers, Jim! when the time to move gets closer, i'll have some difficult choices to make, for sure. ideally i'd like a place with mountains, sea, and winters. my last home in Nelson, BC, was heartbreakingly beautiful and will be difficult to match...but i'm sure there are lots of lovely spots in Oregon too. an additional consideration for me will be finding a nice place to start practice as a practitioner of traditional chinese medicine (acupuncture & herbs). i hear Portland (like Nelson) is fairly saturated. oh, and i haven't owned a car my whole life....love living in places where i can walk everywhere or ride public transport with ease.

thanks again for the tips!

• 2 years later...

Archived